Gran Melia Puerto Rico is seeking an experienced Associate Food & Beverage Director. Direct and organize the Food & Beverage function in order to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising to maximize profits.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, i.e., room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, stewards, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate with the chef, outlet managers, and catering managers in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective food control, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments.
- Assist the area managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants.
- Develop (with the aid of sub-department heads) operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, i.e., budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in the food and beverage department
- Participate in formulating and administrating company policies and developing long range goals and objectives in the Food & Beverage area.
- Direct and coordinate activities of area for which responsibility is delegated, for further attainment of goals and objectives.
- Review analysis of Food & Beverage activities, costs and operations, and forecast data to determine area progress toward stated goals.
The successful candidate must possess:
- College degree or equivalent background of 3 years minimum experience
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Previous Food & Beverage Manager/Associate Director, or Director experience required
- Strong supervisory skills
- Positive attitude
- Able to communicate effectively written and spoken English & Spanish
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
Gran Melia Puerto Rico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through pre-employment drug testing.
If interested in becoming part of our exceptional team, please submit your resume .
Indeed - 23 months ago