Grand + Benedicts, a Leading fixture and display company, has an immediate opening for an Inventory Control Manager.
1. Maintains the inventory system to accurately reflect the daily on-hand balance.
2. Maintains adequate quantities of merchandise in branch locations through weekly transfers
3. Responds to various departments (Purchasing, Sales, Project Managers, Management etc.) promptly on a variety of subjects (verify counts, quality check an item, etc.)
4. Reports slow movers and overstocked items to the Purchasing Manager and recommends liquidation of discontinued, obsolete and excess inventory.
5. Determines causes of inventory variances and recommends corrective actions to Operations Manager.
6. Develops and maintains ABC cycle count inventory system for all items.
7. Works with Warehouse Managers to conduct cycle counts of selected inventory items as scheduled.
8. Maintains ongoing communications with all branch locations.
9. Prepares quarterly and year end reports for the Operations Manager.
10. Works with Purchasing to research and resolve inventory variance problems as they arise.
11. Works with Purchasing to maintain optimum inventory levels and ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
12. Recommends ways to reduce inventory shrinkage to Regional Branch Manager(s).
13. Develops and maintains a bar coding system for inventory. REVIEW
14. Implements and coordinates the maintenance of a bar code database and associated hardware. REVIEW
15. Designs security measures for safeguarding high risk inventory items. REVIEW
16. Participates in meetings to help resolve department as well as company-wide issues; may direct such meetings.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or equivalent in a related discipline is required. Related experience will be considered.
2. Five (5) years of Inventory Control experience is required.
3. Knowledge of warehouse procedures is a plus.
4. In depth knowledge of cycle count and inventory management (bar coding) systems is required.
5. Must have strong computer skills, primarily EXCEL, WORD and OUTLOOK. MAS experience is a plus.
Competitive salary, 401k, profit sharing, PTO, FSA, exercise facility, yoga room, life insurance, wellness programs and full health benefits. Interested applicants can visit www.grand-benedicts.com for more information.