Grand Beach Hotel Employee Reviews

Brand new hotel that have not culture yet so you don't know where to stand
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Surfside, FLOctober 20, 2015
Employees are great is just some of upper Managers that don't care for employee and get rid of them just to safe themselves.
Controller not so bad is just she is in charge of three hotels and have no time to train any body but at the same time she blames employees for not doing their job even thought they have not being properly trained.
Pros
Good to work in a new Hotel just to know what it takes to run a hotel from beginning
Cons
poorly training
Position Review
Lead Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Surfside, FLSeptember 25, 2015
Overall satisfaction of current employment is satisfactory as I have learn the Hospitality systems (Fidelio/Oracle - HotSOS-Opera) in place , but advancement to higher position with greater/higher responsibility is limited.
Fun place to work.
Sous Chef/Head Sushi Chef (Current Employee) –  Surfside, FLAugust 28, 2015
Too many challenges on the daily basics, only bad thing I can say is micromanagement. Ownership decision affect in much ares the working environment.
Great Hotel
Busser (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 22, 2015
I was working for a short period of time at the Grand Beach hotel as a busser. The job was tough and they pay check wasn't that good, so i had to leave to job in order to look for better opportunities.
a good place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
this new facility needed a start up with experience staff on temporary basis. we were able to establish contracts, preventive maintenance and procurement accounts
Pros
still growing
Productive good place
Lead Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Surfside, FLMay 5, 2015
Good place for work, every day and any place you learned some ..good team work..the most enjoyable part of the job is Guest satisfactions..
Steer clear
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Be forewarned that this is not a place for hospitality professionals. You will be horrified by their so called culture and lack of professionalism. They care more about their bottom line, being profitable for someone that is worth 845 million euros then about guest experience or their associates. This I promise you. Best of luck in your search.
Pros
free parking, on site reservations staff (although not very helpful) and property rubbed valet staff.
Cons
management or lack of and everything else.
Hostile work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Surfside, FLSeptember 13, 2014
I have never in my life worked for such a poorly managed food and beverage department. The F&B Manager is unskilled in her position and runs a dictatorship style work environment. She is rude, unapproachable and singles out employees she doesn't like and picks on them daily. The pay is mediocre at best and the hotel takes almost one third of the included gratuity. There are much better places to work with welcoming work environment unlike this one. This is very unfortunate; the hotel property itself is beautifully designed and the other departments of the hotel seem to work together as a whole.
Pros
location, view of the beach and ocean
Cons
poor management
A very nice place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 21, 2014
Very friendly and outgoing coworkers i learned so much here
would not reccommend working there! It's the way they do things, They are not HOTELIERS!
former associate (Former Employee) –  greatJuly 10, 2013
Beautiful property! Very poor management. They have no clue how a hotel should be run, they certainly don't treat their employees well.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
very fast turn over
bartender
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 14, 2013
very fast going environment.
weekend are busy than all days.
customer service great
located in Miami beach
fairly new hotel
Pros
enviroment
Cons
pay
nice place, free parking
Boutique - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 17, 2013
At work, I learned how to receive, order and choose new merchandise for the store,inventory.
Pros
free lunch, benefits, paid days off
Cons
medical insurance
Good people to work.
Valet (Former Employee) –  Miami flJanuary 26, 2013
Managers are stuck up. They tell u one thing and the dont come through with it. If you dont kiss their behind then you will not move up. Some guys get special treatment because of it.

P.S. Its not all the managers just one of them.
Pros
people are nice.
Cons
manager that thinks he knows it all.
working wtih people who can get along with each other.
grill cook (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2012
work with people thats willing to work together and have fun doing it.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
not enough work hours
Great Experience
Restaurant Floor Manager- Outlets (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 17, 2012
The Grand Beach Hotel is a 430 room-all suite property located in Miami Beach Florida. A typical day at work involves overseeing and micro managing all food and beverage outlets in the hotel which includes the full service restaurant, three bars, room service, espresso bar and outside grill. Daily sales and operational reports are generated for all locations as well. As an F&B Outlet Manager, I have learned how to manage my time more wisely, how to be a better multi-tasker and how to manage a large number of employees all at once. The management as a whole is some of the best I have seen in my hotel career thus far because they are very passionate and hard working team who work together to accomplish the same goal which is pleasing the guest(s). The hardest part of my job has been managing the large number of employees we have in the F&B department. The most enjoyable part of my job has been being able to work with the dedicated and enthusiastic employees that I work with on a daily basis.
Exciting upbeat great place to work.
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2012
Nice place to work but no room for advancment I met a lot of nice people from around the world.
Pros
free parking, international guest.
Cons
meals were expensive.