Grand Blanc Community Schools

Grand Blanc Community Schools Employer Reviews

Productive, fun & rewarding work envrironment.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIOctober 14, 2014
Learned many aspects of education while working for GBCS - wonderful place to work with wonderful people. Loved the sense of community.
I would recommend this employer
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIMay 8, 2014
Pros: part time / flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
This employer is very professional and treats employees very well
Grand Blanc Schools
Volunteer (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIMay 2, 2014
I have been a stay at home mom for a few years so to keep up good work habits I have spent around 500 hours a year volunteering in and out of my child's classroom. I have been a Partnership President, a Vice President and a Treasurer. I have organized and planned events, coordinated volunteers for these events, organized several successful fundraisers and bookkeeping responsibilities. I have met and had the privilege of working with other parents who are passionate about their kids and the success of the district as a whole. The hardest part of this job is knowing one day it will come to an end when my kids are grown up. The best part of this job are the people and relationships I have built and kept over the years and the skills that I have learned in bookkeeping, planning and organizing large group volunteer opportunities.
Great people to work with
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIMay 8, 2013
Very typical school days with students. My supervising teachers were very approachable and easy to work with.
Trades Foreman / Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: the boss let me do my job
Cons: be on call 24/7 365 days a year
Retired in 2013 after 36 years it was hard leaving.Left behind a wonderful family and great memories.
Personal review of school system
Parapro, luchroom and playground attendant (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MichiganNovember 24, 2012
I work for a temporary service that provides help in and throughout Grand Blanc schools in many different areas. I have worked with children one on one, helping within classrooms, lunchroom and play ground attendant, and also in the kitchen for the high school.

January 18, 2013

Are you able to disclose the name of the temp. agency you went through in Grand Blanc?

Productive and fund work place
Print Shop Manager (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MichiganAugust 14, 2012
Pros: get to meet new teachers and learn about the school district.
Cons: having 3 percent taken out of my healthcare.
Print work for teachers and administration. Busy atmosphere. I have learned how to time manage my work load. The most enjoyable part of the day is in the morning when I get to see the teachers. I have learned a lot in my job. I learned how to make forms and how to do billing. I also work very close with management doing secretarial work such as charts in excel, power point, and typing letters in word. The hardest part of the day is leaving any work unfinished.
Love teaching the students the game of bowling
Head Varsity Boys Bowling Coach (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MichiganJuly 17, 2012
Typical coaching job. Perform two practices a week, matches throughout the week and weekend. One of the hardest thing about my job is dealing with the parents. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the success of my athletes