Grand Blanc Community Schools Employee Reviews

Not enough students to go around and there are layoffs on the way
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIApril 12, 2016
No pay raise in five years. An overall combined pay cut of 20% from the district and State. The population is shrinking and so there are less students to draw from and programs are being cut or scaled back.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Budget cuts and low enrollment
Most enjoyable job
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIOctober 18, 2014
Assume all duties of a regular classroom teacher within school rules. Follow instructions left by the teacher, check to ensure that there are sufficient supplies in the classroom to carry out lesson plans. Maintain normal classroom routines and discipline procedures.
Productive, fun & rewarding work envrironment.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIOctober 14, 2014
Learned many aspects of education while working for GBCS - wonderful place to work with wonderful people. Loved the sense of community.
I would recommend this employer
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMay 8, 2014
This employer is very professional and treats employees very well
Pros
part time / flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Grand Blanc Schools
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMay 2, 2014
I have been a stay at home mom for a few years so to keep up good work habits I have spent around 500 hours a year volunteering in and out of my child's classroom. I have been a Partnership President, a Vice President and a Treasurer. I have organized and planned events, coordinated volunteers for these events, organized several successful fundraisers and bookkeeping responsibilities. I have met and had the privilege of working with other parents who are passionate about their kids and the success of the district as a whole. The hardest part of this job is knowing one day it will come to an end when my kids are grown up. The best part of this job are the people and relationships I have built and kept over the years and the skills that I have learned in bookkeeping, planning and organizing large group volunteer opportunities.
Great people to work with
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMay 8, 2013
Very typical school days with students. My supervising teachers were very approachable and easy to work with.
Trades Foreman / Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 19, 2013
Retired in 2013 after 36 years it was hard leaving.Left behind a wonderful family and great memories.
Pros
the boss let me do my job
Cons
be on call 24/7 365 days a year
Personal review of school system
Parapro, luchroom and playground attendant (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MichiganNovember 24, 2012
I work for a temporary service that provides help in and throughout Grand Blanc schools in many different areas. I have worked with children one on one, helping within classrooms, lunchroom and play ground attendant, and also in the kitchen for the high school.
Productive and fund work place
Print Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MichiganAugust 14, 2012
Print work for teachers and administration. Busy atmosphere. I have learned how to time manage my work load. The most enjoyable part of the day is in the morning when I get to see the teachers. I have learned a lot in my job. I learned how to make forms and how to do billing. I also work very close with management doing secretarial work such as charts in excel, power point, and typing letters in word. The hardest part of the day is leaving any work unfinished.
Pros
get to meet new teachers and learn about the school district.
Cons
having 3 percent taken out of my healthcare.
Love teaching the students the game of bowling
Head Varsity Boys Bowling Coach (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MichiganJuly 17, 2012
Typical coaching job. Perform two practices a week, matches throughout the week and weekend. One of the hardest thing about my job is dealing with the parents. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the success of my athletes

Want to know more about Grand Blanc Community Schools?

Ask a question