Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University Employer Reviews

Good People, Lots of perks
Enrollment Counselor - Super Team 9 Regina Madden (Current Employee), Peoria, AZFebruary 13, 2015
Good People, Lots of perks such as extra days off, and basket ball tickets. Over all the management is good. The environment is call center, and the job can be monotonous. However, there are lots of ongoing activities, friendly people, and perks such as destination GCU, free lunch, basket ball games, and lots of paid half days, and other extra paid days off.
Great work environment
Online Nursing Enrollment Counselor- CONHS (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: fun! lots of fun events
Cons: lot of sitting
Great place to work at, fun and friendly. GCU is a place of growth and they provide the right tools to assure your success. There are lots of fun events to attend to and lots of rewards towards their employees.
Best way to make friends
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), ArizonaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: always had free food when we did well
Cons: not enough hours were given
a typical day would be make as many calls possible and be able to transfer them over to the counselor who would be able to give them more information on the school and to get them registered if they where in interested. Co-workers were friendly and were there to assist if help was needed. The enjoyable part was competing with co-workers who made the most transfers, it always motivated us.
Great people, great product
Student Teacher Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: can be done in spare time
Cons: tough to schedule around other full time employment
Have worked here for several years now part time. Has been a great experience and I have always been treated well. Very low stress environment
GCU
Doctoral Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Management does not support employees and selected hiring process makes it hard to advance.
Fun Job
Regional Development Rep. (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Great Company to associate with and work for, GCU encourages diversity in all areas and they respect all races and encourage everyone that needs education to get educated. The training full was well organized and educative, my director helped in transitioning into my role and helped establishing necessary contacts.
One of Phoenix Best places to work
Team Lead Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: the pay, the time off, company activites, staff and managers
Cons: job can keep you busy
When I first arrived in Phoenix, I didn't know much about GCU, but after being here for almost 5 years, I truly believe it is a blessing and privilege to work there. While we are given great compensation, incredible Holidays off, but the best part is that I work with smart, talented, and caring people. I was amazed by how fast my coworkers became like family. GCU is really big in promoting from within, so it is not hard to be a lifer.
equinox
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: culture
Working with Indeed has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company!
its a nice place to work in.
Event Management (Current Employee), phoenixJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: cordial working relationship between the staff
Cons: no healthcare
My typical day at work is very interest because of the team play.
Laid back but hard working fun environment
Web Designer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: all paid holidays, great pto hours, good healthcare benefits, hour lunch
Cons: occasional loud work enviroment (team gatherings in break area)
Working for Marketing at Grand Canyon University is the best job I have had yet. Here I was able to use my skills to create new landing pages and websites intended to drive in new leads. The web team I worked in is friendly and highly skilled. My boss highly encouraged us to progress in our skills by providing Lynda accounts and allowing us to use business hours to learn, as long as we didn't have pressing deadlines. The hardest part of the job is ensuring that other departments are following the established processes to complete a project. Sometimes they are a bit too anxious, but if they are properly guided, things work out fine.The most enjoyable part of the job is the work, where creativity has no limits (besides branding standards of course). I enjoy the people I work with there as well. The culture is very employee oriented!
Just a step above the usual for profit college
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2014
Daily expectations of 80 minimum dials and 3 hours of customer service talk time. The hardest part is meeting the monthly production(retention) goals.
Grand Canyon University
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineDecember 2, 2014
Typically, the day consists of checking into the classroom, responding to questions, reading and replying on the discussion board, and grading all assignments.
Great starting company
Enrollment/ University Development Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: management, work environment, co-workers
Cons: salary is extremely low compared to other schools, disorganized, hostility between departments, not real opportunities for advancement, high turnover ratio.
The company is a great starting company. What I mean by that is it will help propel you where you want to go for your next career. The Christian value is very strong which is awesome.
Amazing place to work for...
Student Services Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2014
Pros: training support, work culture, positive place to work
I've never worked for a company that provided so much support to their employees. This was the best job I've had in higher education regardless of the amount of work you have. Your shift goes by very quickly which is not a bad thing. Great people, positive atmosphere, and work culture.
Busy environment
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 10, 2014
Pros: monday through friday schedule
Cons: hard to move into mangement
Busy environment as you deal with students. Management assists where needed. Love my co-workers! Hardest part of the job is just being organized and keeping up with student requests.
GCU Christian Following ' Hardly Think So!!!!
Technical Support Rep. (Former Employee), 27th and CamelbackNovember 9, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: low pay, no consistantcey, management, no job security
I only worked at GCU for 2 1/2 months. I feel like a learned a lot from my co-workers and thought I would be there for a while. A typical day is non-stop calling/sometimes missed breaks and some favoritism. Management gave me chances to improve and I did in every aspect I was aware of. The calls are monitored and scored and the scores are supposed to be shared with you. After given the chances to improve I was never once given a score. The reason I was let go, my scores were not up to standards. How can I improve on every aspect of what is asked of me if the one part I was let go for was never told to me to allow me to improve or even know that there was a problem? The hardest part of the job was the constant calls but I was there to do a job and I did to the best of my ability. I was given kudos by my lead and even people who called told my lead that I was great. I my payment for all my hard work and dedication to this job was "sorry it's not working out, your scores don't meet our standards". The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I work with and I liked the hours.
Interesting place to work
Public Safety Officer Corporal (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Everyday is different from the last. Certain duties remain the same but what all happens in the day is different. Whether escorting students to their vehicles, searching rooms for contraband, or just locking/unlocking doors. I look forward to each day as a new and interesting challenge.
Great place to further my nursing education
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Pros: helping people, doing what i love
A typical clinical day would be 12 hours, students were given the opportunity to practice skills learned during courses on real patients. Students were encourage to participate as active members in the interdiciplinary team.
Facilities Management Representative.
Facilities Management Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2014
This job is very enjoyable because you get to interact with university students and employees by meeting their needs when it comes to comfort in their areas of work or study.
Great Work Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2014
You are to sign in and get on phone or chats depending on which they ask you to complete that day.
I learned a lot about customer service in this environment and how to manage others.
Management was great, very knowledgeable, and always willing to assist.
Co-workers were great and always willing to assist.
The hardest part of the job was the high call volume you would deal with, along with running chats at the same time.
I really liked how they rewarded you for good QA scores and also that the workers all got along.

1 2 3 4 5

About Grand Canyon University

Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them – Read more

Grand Canyon University Photos