Grand Casino Employee Reviews

A very productive and fun place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tunica, MississippiJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits and pay raises
A day at the casino was very exciting place to work greeting new customers form different states and I learned a lot about the casino business and I had wonderful managers and supervisors and I like being a team player and the most enjoyable part of my job was I could advance and move up in the company
Productive fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), MNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: being able to eat with friends
Cons: short breaks.
Cleaning the rooms, making sure everything was done right, co-workers were fun to work with, so were the managers, Hardest part of the job was being timed to see how long it took to get the rooms cleaned. Most enjoyable part of the job was if you started at 9 most of the time you got to be done by 2-230. and being able to get more work experience in the work place of Housekeeping.
decent place to work.
waitress/slot attendant (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKMarch 10, 2015
some of the managers at the grand are amazing. others are absolute horrors to work with. its exactly like a high school drama wise. other than that i liked working there.
It serves its purpose for a job
Bar Back (Current Employee), Hinckley, MNFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work is to first set up the bars; set up bar stations, fill ice, fill fruit with ice in the bottom and fruit in trays, fill cups, fill salt trays, unlock beer tappers, unlock beer coolers, stock each station with bloody mary mix and pineapple juice and other mixes. Make extra bloody mary mix. Stock liquor and beer as needed. Cut fruit for the next day.

The best thing I have learned is how to look at everything I need to do and see which items are the priority. And then work as fast and efficiently as possible so when the night crew comes on everything is stocked fully.

Management does a good job letting me know extra things they need done and overall supervision is good.
A WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK.
Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee), Las vegas,NevedaDecember 21, 2014
I like My co-worker as well as the quest that we have here it's like a family Management team wonderful to work for as well as always teaching new things.
Very exciting place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great prizes and gift if we kept up good numbers, free dinner
Cons: late hours and sometimes very slow and boring nights
It was very fun working here because you never knew what to expect. There was always something going on to watch. I got to work outside alone patrolling the outside garage. There was also an occasional person to lose money which varied in amounts.
NEEDED IMPROVEMENT
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no free meal
THIS PLACE NEEDED LOTS OF IMPROVEMENT. I ENJOYED INTERACTING WITH THE GUEST.
First casino job. Made a lot of money due to the casino's enormous size.
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSAugust 27, 2014
Pros: made a lot of money to pay the bills and college.
Cons: dealing with unruly guests at times.
I provided guest service for hundreds of people a day. I learned how to professionally communicate and to obtain guests needs. We were very busy those days so management was very overwhelmed. I had the greatest co-workers too. The hardest part of my jobs was being on my feet all day serving drinks. Coming to work was always fun. We use to all hang out at the other casinos together.
FUN PLACE TO WORK AND MEET PEOPLE
Slot Attendant/Slot Technician/Cashier (Current Employee), Robinsonville, MSJuly 25, 2014
I experienced manager/supervisor who highly energetic, outgoing and detail oriented. Being productive in timely matter. Passionate about ensuring customers leave the business with a positive experience.
Productive property
GRAND EXPRESS SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJuly 16, 2014
I was responsible for any Leads 30 days or less. I booked meeting and small banquets. I loved working with the client to ensure their event was successful. I did everything from setting the rooms to helping guests create a menu for their function. I loved everyone in the Sales department. We all were Team players!
It is a job.
Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee), Hinckley, MNJuly 2, 2014
The casino is a job. If you do not want to make more than just enough to keep you going back to work and no hope of doing any better.
Great working atmosphere
Main Banker (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 30, 2014
Friendly out going place. Makes it hard to leave for another job. Working there great.
Waiting tables
ANITAN-MANAGER (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJune 6, 2014
Pros: $5.25 instead of $2.13 per hour and benefits
Cons: over night hours
Take food orders, deliver food, deliver checks, take payments, and return change
New adventure
Finance Ambassador (Former Employee), Tunica, MSMay 25, 2014
At the the grand we where like a family. The title finance ambassador was created there for me . I was the first to hold this title.
slots
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSMay 11, 2014
I love being on the floor with the casino's guest. I learned how to paid jackpots and fixs hopper jams.
Great Job
Players Services Club Representative (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 8, 2014
Fun place to work! Co workers where great and there was always something new to learn.
Fun, relaxed atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee), Hinckley, MNMarch 28, 2014
I enjoy my job at Grand Casino. I get to experience one on one communication and build relationships not only with coworkers but with guests.
always fun and excitement
Finance Ambassador (Former Employee), Tunica, MSJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: benefits and the people
Cons: fmla
i stood out on the floor and interacted with some very interesting people
Challaging day to day operations.
Chef de cuisine (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: not enough emphasis on quality
The emphasis was put on speed not quality. The staff was very knowledgable and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was maintaining and controlling such a large inventory.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND A FUN ENVIRONMENT
bar tender. (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good free food and days off. a wonderful attmosphere at the casino. and many new friends.
Cons: the late shift.
I WORKED THE NIGHT SHIFT AND REPORTED AT MIDNIGHT. I LEARNED MANY DIFFERENT DRINKS WHILE WORKING THERE. MY CO WORKERS WERE THE BEST. THE HOURS WERE NOT EASY. HARD TO ACCLIMATE MY SELF TO THE NIGHT SHIFT AT FIRST, BUT GREW TO LIKE IT . THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS THE RELATION WITH MY WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS.