Grand Casino Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with good immediate level managers
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, MNJanuary 11, 2016
Health, dental, 401(k) benefits are very reasonable. Wages are fairly competitive for the area. Not a lot of opportunity to advance higher than Shift Management.
Pros
Personal and professional development classes area available and are relevant.
very busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 25, 2016
Not managed properly. Cut my hours and wrote me up for things that didn't happen so they wouldn't have to give me benefits.
Pros
great money
Cons
no breaks
Nice job
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 3, 2016
Always looked forward to another working day. The area of the facility in which I worked was always clean. The coworkers were helpful and nice.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Taking care of reservations for the hotel and phones
Hotel Rooms Controller (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, MinnesotaJuly 30, 2015
Answer the phones for the hotel and fix and make reservations. Run credit cards and help when there is a guest problem. Customer service is the number one thing in this job. Taking care of the guests needs all the time. Have lots of computer work and multi tasking is very important to this position as well. I work two different shifts in a week and need to adjust the work as the shift requires it. I work with many different kind of people and have no major problems with any of them. I like the variety of the work and the people in the company. we have fun working together and the management is very supportive.
Pros
Very supportive management and decent breaks
Cons
Health care is fair and raises are not very large.
Free meals and hotel comps
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 1, 2016
My job was to assure that floor guests were able to cash out there winnings in a fast and pleasant personable manner,
I learned that people generally have an attitude according to current events and it was my job to make them smile no matter what.
The work area was small but I made the best of it.

I loved the atmosphere because i love meeting and making coversation.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
standing for 8 hrs or longer in a small area
A very productive and fun place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MississippiJuly 27, 2015
A day at the casino was very exciting place to work greeting new customers form different states and I learned a lot about the casino business and I had wonderful managers and supervisors and I like being a team player and the most enjoyable part of my job was I could advance and move up in the company
Pros
Benefits and pay raises
Nice closed in work area
JPH cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJune 8, 2016
I love the job but hate to be in the office area alone sometimes. co-workers were great. I learned to deal with different culture of people I got use to being alone in my work station. The hardest part of my job was getting use to money count and making sure every penny was accounted for before the next shift.
Great starter job
Valet Runner (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39540August 11, 2016
Fast pace work environment with great structure and supervision. Quickly able to advance in the work place. Offered affordable benefits.
Pros
free lunches and covered work enviroment
Great place to work!
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJuly 19, 2016
Sometimes I feel like seniority doesn't matter. Overall a great place to work. Very fun and fast paced.
Co-workers and Sponsors are very good at their jobs
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, MN 55037February 5, 2016
Not a bad place to work however, the training and hiring processes are antiquated with little to no advancement.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the co-workers, and the public.
Review of job
Part Time Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 21, 2016
This was a job that I never dreamed of obtaining. I am grateful for this experience. This job taught me the knowledge of table games and how to quickly think, count and either collect or pay customer's bets. I learned a higher understanding of providing courteous and professional customer service to disgruntled customers.
Pros
Part-Time hours
Cons
Disgruntled customers
Positive and productive work environment
Management Staff for Resort Hotel & Spa (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 10, 2013
Managed 40 staff members daily along with daily operational management duties, management and co-workers were very reliable, friendly, and productive. Hardest part of the job was to lay off or terminate an employee. Most enjoyable part was providing customer service to the guests.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, pay
Cons
no advancement
Just a job
MAIN BANKER (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 17, 2015
Supervisors were not trained. promotions were about who you know. Business died. Free meals were not worth eating. Not a likable place.
Fun place to work, but hard on your feet and body
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MsNovember 4, 2012
This was a job where most of my salary was tips. It was very hard on my feet and body, but was a lot of fun. Everyone got along and made the best of their days. Tips were shared, so you wanted to "pull your weight". It took a lot of Team work and energy. We had the advantage of a 401 K and health benefits.
Pros
free lunches, good working environment
Cons
hard on your physical body
Customer Service/ Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 2, 2015
In the years of my employment the casino was an upcoming and productive place to work. Pay was good and hours were great. I enjoyed entertaining customers when dealing cards.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
At the time, poor management
nice break area and casino appearance
Casino Casher (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 9, 2013
My work was very enjoyable and I enjoyed it very much. Handling large amounts of cash was a serious responsibility but it always balanced out. I enjoyed the customers and always tried to make them smile
Pros
everyone helped each other. we had good benefits and the company looked after all of us
Cons
working holidays and some weekend
Productive place to work and a different shift to choose from.
Reservations Agent, GSR, Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 28, 2015
Fun work place. You had the opportunity to meet new people. You were also given the opportunity to advance, grow and transfer to other departments to gain more knowledge in the gaming & hotel industry.
Pros
promotions and advancements
Cons
Days off
Fast Pace
Finance Cashier Grand Casino (Former Employee) –  Robeson, MississippiOctober 23, 2015
I love working for the Grand Casino in is Mississippi. It was a fast pace setting with counting money, distributing money, and balancing money coming in and going at all at the same time, without making mistakes. Taking care of the Casino company coming in and out.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
There are none
Best place I have ever worked.
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSSeptember 23, 2015
The management team was one of the best because they had a lot of experience in the hospitality arena. This company was the leader in the industry at that time frame.
Waiting tables
ANITAN-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 6, 2014
Take food orders, deliver food, deliver checks, take payments, and return change
Pros
$5.25 instead of $2.13 per hour and benefits
Cons
over night hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2