Grand Circle Travel

Grand Circle Travel Employer Reviews

To Be Avoided...
Copywriter (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 31, 2013
Pros: great travel benefits
Cons: you don't have enough vacation time to enjoy the great travel benefits; horrible, cult-like culture
Maybe this is a good company to work for if you are in the call center, where your mission is well-defined.

Maybe this is a good company to work for if you are in computer services and you can are charged with solving very specific problems.

Maybe this is a good company to work for if you are fresh out of college and just don't know any better about – more... how well companies could and should treat employees.

All else need not apply.

As a creative environment, this place is the most maddening, infuriating, ill-focused, and backwards place I've ever worked. First off, our copywriters are largely not writing: We are hacking down and repurposing existing content, more administrators than creative professionals. When we do actually write something, it begins with terrible direction, which then changes constantly over the course of a project. You don't just write it and refine it: You write it, then re-write it, then re-write it innumerable more times while the folks upstairs get their story straight. Good writing is simply not appreciated, and after a while most of us copywriters stopped trying to be good and just tried to make the people in charge happy. Consequently, I wrote a lot of stuff that I considered well beneath my standard of quality, and I insisted that my name be removed from any attribution.

The atmosphere is toxic and corrosive. The company has cultivated an attitude where it is better to be right than to be a good person, and consequently you are constantly demeaned, belittled, and treated as though you were expendable. Women at the company fair particularly badly, which is odd considering there are more women here then men. Women supervisors see other women as threats, and hold them to a different standard. Cattiness and pettiness prevail. Men who are withering or cynical are "funny" and "characters." Women with the same characteristics are "difficult" and "not team players." It's appalling.

The company crows on and on about its "culture," oblivious to the fact that its culture consists entirely of talking about how great its culture is. There is no culture. There is only profit.

Good travel benefits, but those do not offset the ridiculously small amount of vacation time you get and the rather modest salaries. The company is horrible when it comes to paid holidays (you get next to none), and has little regard for their employees' safety, asking them to come in on days when there are hurricanes and terrorist attacks.

If you need a job and can't wait, go for it, but don't get sucked in. It will destroy you. – less
Terribly run company with no job security
Copy Department—Staff Copywriter (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: nice benefits, good location in boston
Cons: horrible upper management, no job security
Want to join a cult-like company with too much work and no job security? This is the place for you! Just too horrible an experience to describe here.
Great potential but absolutely no job security
Call Center (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: the pay is good
Cons: its like being on a bad reality show "survival" or "big brother" i kid you not
This company has so much potential to be a great working place. It is a fun place, bt when it comes to their so called values it can be a very hostile environment. There is so much kiss **s and "playing the game" it can physically make you sick.
Too Good to be True
Customer Service (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 29, 2012
Pros: excellent benefit package. ample amount of vacation time & ample amounts of travel opportunity
Cons: shift bids, clueless management, no job security
Working in the Call Center you will be faced with monthly unobtainable goals and requirements. You will be berated with irate callers for hours on end. After speaking with a customer they will receive a post call survey to score you. When you receive a poor score management will not take the time to listen to the call and see if the failing score was – more... justified.
The company also holds events that every department can attend except for the Call Center. In the summer there is early release for all departments on Fridays-except for the Call Center. If you have a late shift do not plan on attending the Christmas Party working in the Call Center.
Be prepared to work mandatory overtime that never lets up. In turn, this leads to massive amounts of stress as you struggle month to month to hit these numbers. There are multiple long term employees that are on anxiety medication and medication for depression. Not worth it for a "call center job".
Co-workers are all top notch as you are all in the same boat. The most enjoyable part of the job is punching out and going home everyday.
Company has a very high turnover, but on a good note you can move up if you desire because of this. – less
Designer
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 18, 2012
Pros: people and culture
Cons: job security
Great people, Great Culture, no job security. The industry fluctuates so much your afraid you could lose your job anytime higher management has a "good idea".
Great employees
Customer Service & Sales Call Center (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2012
Great company that does a lot of community service, Boston Marathon, Boston Woman Shelter, AIDS walk, Boston Food Pantry etc.
However, they are constantly letting go of their employees so not much job stability.
Changing company with great vision
Brand Marketing (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2012
Day to day responsibilities included managing the advertising spend budgets and identifying "hot" issues by product and segment. I am responsible for maintaining and tracking the promotion schedule for 3 brands within GCC. In addition to maintaining the schedules I liaison with the creative and web teams to ensure messaging and accuracy in promotions. – more... After promotions have been executed I track and report out on performance (ROI's) of campaigns to senior management.

My coworkers are knowledgeable and willing to share their experience and expertise with me which I appreciate.

The most difficult is that there is 1 sole leader in the company which makes it challenging to change processes or offer new ideas. – less

About Grand Circle Travel

Grand Circle wants to take your grandparents there and back again. Offering more than 75 vacations worldwide, the company provides – Read more

Grand Circle Travel Photos