Grand Prairie Services Employee Reviews

A very rewarding job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILDecember 17, 2017
The work day was very relaxing for the employees and the residents. My supervisors and management were the best. I learned things from them, that I still hold very dear to my heart today! Everyone at the workplace was there to better the life's of the residents in the best way possible. Learning not to get involved in the residents personal affairs. Making relationships/friendships that felt like family.
Pros
Really good benefits
Cons
Fellow employees
Mental Health Company
Office Manager /Admin (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILDecember 9, 2017
Grand Prairie Services provides mental health services to mentally ill patients with different mental functions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the low salary.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
low salary, low budgets
Evidence-based
Case Management (Current Employee) –  HousingSeptember 23, 2017
Great place to work. Clinically sound. Always focused on improving and recent research. Started healthcare when other agencies didn't. Very committed to the community. Sensitive to poor, homeless population.
Pros
Always trying to improve quality
Cons
Difficulty Hiring staff with commitment to population.
Make it work for you
Record's Librarian (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 1, 2017
If you choose this company be sure it is due to the passion of service. Do not go in expecting to launch your career and move up the career ladder. Make it work for you.
Benefits
Cons
Good to gain experienced but low pay
SASS Counselor (Former Employee) –  Flossmoor, ILJuly 21, 2017
Work here can be hectic if you have a large case load. On the other hand, the team works well together for the most part and management is very helpful and understanding. Time off is great but pay is very poor.
Collegial work environment
Child/Adolescent Behavioral Health NP (Former Employee) –  Flossmoor, ILMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Grand Prairie Services. The workload was reasonable and patients were the priority of all staff. The culture was friendly and inclusive. Each team member was valued for their unique contributions and abilities.
Pros
A culture of equality
Cons
Those with less work ethic were able to coast at times
Terrible place to work unless you are member of CEO church
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 25, 2017
Don't work here. Only family and friends make good money. Others are treated like slaves. Clients needs are not considered. Staff need mental health more.
Pros
Helping the clients is rewarding
Cons
Upper management could care less about the clients.
Enjoyable place to work
Assistant Director of Residential Services (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 17, 2016
Fast paced which I enjoy because it was never a dull moment.
They always provided training to keep you abreast of changes.
I learned how to work with difficult clients better.
daily work
Team Leader/Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2016
My typical day consists of assuring that the necessary referrals for mental health needs are met for the client; supervising staff and completing treatment plans and Mental health assessments. Completing work schedule and by monthly payroll
benefits
Cons
n/a
serving customer and satifying their needs
psr sanckery (Current Employee) –  450 west 14st Chiicago heights IllAugust 26, 2015
a typical day a work is having stocking with foods, sodas, candy bars, and chips; cookies lunches, and lunches that will be served on breaks, and lunch breaks. I kill time by getting on the phone facebook, and having a conversations. I have learned about the service of serving a person, building on communication skills, telemarking, and selling yourself in order to work in a workforce. the management is very dependable, also with the co workers are very helpful to me during my learning process. the hardest part of the job is adding supplies in your head which is called self calculation. for example, a bag of chips cost 50 cents, and a soda cost 60 cents. this means I have to calculate all the numbers in my head to give people exact changes. the most enjoyable part is counting money at the end of the day.
Pros
you have candy and chips
Cons
it will have to come out of your pocket

Want to know more about Grand Prairie Services?

Ask a question
Fast Paced
Assertive Community Treatment Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILApril 28, 2015
This is a very fast paced environment that you will have to be ready to deal with clients hands on assisting them with all their basic needs to help them travel on the road to success.
No longer in busniess
Case Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILMarch 10, 2015
I supervised staff, developed and executed a activate treatment plan. I also helped chance the clients, Helped with feeding lunches, I was in charge of teach basic education skills, money skill. I also tested basic and vocational, behavioral skills. I assessed and hold meeting to discuses the assessments. I also was responsible for holding special team meetings. I also had to do monthly, 6 month , yearly assessments.
Everything looks great..on paper
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMarch 7, 2015
GPS is a company that you want to believe in but after you start working with them and the rose colored glasses come off, you begin to see the truth. Hard working employees are neglected while the lazy ones get away with murder and are defended. They do not care about their clientele and it shows. Employees are not properly trained and input is overlooked. The management is always in a "meeting" and some sites are often overlooked while other sites are treated well. The hardest part about the job is working for "peanuts" and the most enjoyable is caring for clients when and where we can.
Pros
Working Mon- Fri, Benefits, Sick and Personal time
Cons
No set breaks, not paid for your work, no employee appreciation
The co worker were friendly and helpful.
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 10, 2014
I would attend the local Mental Health Hospital at Tinley Park ,IL.I completed assessment, service plans conducted announced and unannounced home visits. I attended the discharge services plans of clients. I explained the medications and dosages to clients prescribed by their Psychiatrist. Encouraged clients to take their medications as prescribed by their Psychiatrist. Transported clients home from the Hospital after their discharge summary from Tinley Park Mental Health Center. Transport clients to their medical and psychiatric appointments. The hardest part of the job include working with clients who don't take their medications as prescribed by their doctor.This put everyone at risk of harm . This put the client at risk of harming himself also. I enjoy when clients accept the services and follow the service plan. The most enjoyable part of the job include empowering other to become more self sufficient.
Pros
The co worker were very friendly and helpful
Cons
This job did not provide advancement of opportunities.
Love it
Assist client's (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 22, 2014
I loved working there....they are very friendy...i would love to go back
This position offers no opportunity for edvancement
SASS Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flossmoor, IlJune 8, 2014
I am responsible for managing customer service request and handling work orders. I also managing an electronic filing system to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information. I develop and recommend administrative processes and procedures to assure efficiency as well as working closely with administrative managers to coordinate efforts towards meeting deadlines.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No opportunity for edvancement
Average work place
Client Relations Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 21, 2013
Working at this company has allowed me to meet people on different levels. The adjustment was hard in the beginning and can be overwhelming. I learned to treat each person with dignity and respect.
Great introduction to social services
Psycho-Social Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 13, 2013
Grand Prairie Services was a stepping stone in the social service field. I was happy to go to work each day and assist in the lives of those who were struggling.
Wonderful community organization
Linkage Supervisor (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 28, 2013
A typical day at Grand Prairie services included trying to make sure clients kept their appointments and took their medication.
I learned how to deal with a diverse group of people. I learned how to coordinate a linkage program. I learned how to be an effective manager and maintain the respect of those I supervised.
My co-workers and I developed a very good working relationship. They knew they could count on me if they were having any difficulties with their job.
The hardest part of the job was convincing some one to see a doctor that didn't feel they needed psychiatric assistance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping some one become totally self-sufficient. Also assisting people in with life's problems and watching them develop coping skills.
Pros
Wonder asset to the community
Cons
Lack of funding
Great Place
Recovery Support Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 19, 2012
GPS is a great place, but does not give the money to compensate the work you do.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
poor pay