Grand Rapids Building Services

Grand Rapids Building Services Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
janitor (Former Employee), grand rapids, miMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
Overall I Liked the company. I liked the people and the atmosphere, I especially liked the specific building that I worked in because all of the people were very friendly.
I miss it!
Night Custodian (Former Employee), Reed City, MIMay 11, 2013
By far, one of my favorite jobs. Great company to work for! Cleaning is one thing I enjoy and excel in, so I enjoyed my job very much.
A typical day included cleaning all classrooms and bathrooms in an elementary school building. I work with two other ladies, who were a lot of laughs!
Management was easy to talk to and always willing to help.
Currently my job is as a custodian which is easiest for me to find work in right now.
Custodian (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 25, 2013
Pros: there is no set time to take a break.
Cons: work is done at your own pace.
A typical day at work for me would be helping other paople with what ever there dilemma they are faced with at that time.The typical day at my current job consists of cleaning classrooms, which may entail sweeping,dusting, emptying trash cans etc.. Whatever needs that must be met for that work day.This isn't the kind of work that I am used to but it – more... pays my rent for now. – less
Good job for anyone who really wants to work
Janitor (Former Employee), Grand RapidsApril 23, 2013
For part time employment GRBS gave me a good wage and lots of respect. Great job for me because I like to move and stay busy, had co-workers who would grumble because they didn't like to work very hard but I enjoyed it as it helped pass the time.

My manager was always nice to me with lots of thank yous and recognition in the newsletter. Saw faces come – more... and go but they didn't want to work! I enjoyed it and only left because I found a full time day time job that was a better fit for my family. – less
Easy work, bad company
Custodian (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2013
The company will lie and mislead you to get what they want. The work was not that hard, however they do not give you enough time to do everything that they expect to get done. Don't expect to have a chance at a 40 hour week with this company.
Very Very poor lack of communication!!!!
Cleaner (Current Employee), Hartland/Brighton/HowellJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: don't work here! not worth the effort you put in. to get nothing in return.
They don't pay you enough for the work you do. They never know what is going on. The expect you to do your job in very little time and with not enought tools or supplys to do it with.

July 2, 2013

you are so right!!!!

Custodian (Current Employee), Fremont, MIOctober 17, 2012
Cleaned bathrooms, locker rooms, gyms, ect. Learned a lot about cleaning. Management put a lot on employees. Co-workers were comforting and made the job enjoyable. Shoving too much work in a short amount of time was the hardest part. I enjoyed my co-workers and the work itself wasn't hard.
Cleaner (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 5, 2012
GRBS is a great employer. They expect quality work from their employees but compensate quite well. Also, very flexible as far as hours available for work and work/life balance.
company didnt follow through.
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 13, 2012
Cleaning commercial buildings from top to bottom. Leanered nothing. Management was horrible lied to emoployees allot. Co works rude and started arguments. Most enjoyable part waxing floors.
N/A
Day Custodian (Current Employee), Gaylord, MIJuly 11, 2012
GRBS is a good company to work for but there is not much opportuinty for adavancement.
love to work and clean
housekeeping/assistant supervisor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 31, 2012
I enjoy going to work everyday because we all like family. I learn once you keep moving you keep yourself busy and people notice your work. Nothing hard about working. The most enjoyable about this job is meeting new people.And when the manager see the hard work you do they thank you and that make you happy to work for a great company.
You can always see your results from good work, I liked having responsibility and enjoyed working with all kinds of people.
Facility Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 14, 2012
Clocked in started doing premaintenance on equipment and fixing equipment that needed to be fixed. Walk the building down looking for areas that needed more work than others. Check with customer to see if she had any request for the day. Talk to coworker let him know what areas you would like done or what he can do to make some jobs easier on him, or – more... how to correct certain jobs. Communicate with other supervisor in the building letting her know where to find us in case of emergency. I learned how to communicate well with different races, religions, age groups and professional people. I got along well with all my coworkers even got them laughing to make the day go by alot smoother. The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy the customer due to lack of equipment. The most enjoyable was the training, responsibillty, and some of the people you worked with. – less
Management not organized, never another supply's or man power
Custodian (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 1, 2012
Cons: no support
Had one of my managers tell me I would not be layed off in the summer So I turned job offers down and then have the other manager tell me I would be layed off, in less I wanted to travel and train other districts for 8.50 hr, While they have someone they called a certified trainer who is paid more for that title. Communication is awful, Getting the – more... supply's and the equipment was the same. In less you are one of those people that will punch out and keep working so you don't go over on your time or God forbid you get a minute over, they will let you know if you do., and there are employees that will punch out and keep working. I hope they never get hurt while they are doing that because they will be on their own. Bottom line I have never work for a company that made me feel like I was worth nothing and the more you do the more they want like Grand rapids Building Services Inc. Yes I believe I was a good employee I was with for 7 months miss 2 days one because I was sick one because of a death. And I could go on but I think you get the point not a great place to work. – less
Quiet workplace, limited time to complete job.
Custodian (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 1, 2012
Come in survey the job. Begin at the furthest point and work my way towards the door. I learned how to work independently,meet the timelines alotted for the task at hand.
Interesting when meeting people
Custodian (Former Employee), Coldwater, MiDecember 16, 2011
Pros: seeing a child smile
Cons: when someone would get sick and vomit
There was never a day that was quite the same, always different people and interesting personalities. The kids could be a joy and you knew when they were having a bad day, It gave me opportunity to be of help to those who needed direction in where the main office was and to be proud of the work I would accomplish at the end of the day.