Grand Rapids Community College Employee Reviews

its a college its fun
Student Tutor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 7, 2015
Fun environment everybody is very exited to be there and will be very friendly. Very rewarding work if you can deal with strange students
ok
Student Employee (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 6, 2015
it was ok. enjoyed the residents. its nice outside for lunches. made some good friends. they helped pay for school.it was ok. enjoyed the residents. its nice outside for lunches. made some good friends. they helped pay for school.
Productive, fun workplace
Admission Assistant (Current Employee), Grand RapidsMay 29, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: short breaks
I learned how to be a leader, how to put other needs before my own. Grand Rapids Community college is a place that earnestly seek to help students to become college ready. Also ready for the real world.
Very diverse community to work
Production Planning/Pre-Media Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Diverse community
Cons: not much
Day to day interaction with cross functional team
Management is fair
Co-workers are fun
Nothing too hard at all
overall fun place to be
Fun place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 6, 2015
Pros: diversify
Cons: downtown
Working at Grand Rapids Community college is awesome. This college has a diverse atmosphere that welcomes everyone. The managers recognize your hard work and celebrate it. The hours and pay are great.
Production Planning/Pre-Media Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2015
Pros: very productive, fun energtic people to work with, good benefits
Cons: not much in the way cons
fun place to work, very diverse place to be.
Management - was very easy going
hardest part of the job - was inadequate parking
most enjoyable part - was the diversity
A Great Place To Begin
Student (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free tutors, low cost tuition
Cons: Lack of supervisory of the instruction
It was a wonderful educational experience to begin my advancement towards my degree. There could have been more support from academic supervisors for the students.
Enjoyable
Student Tutor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2015
During my time as a tutor, I was able to tutor a handful of students. Some needed help more than others, but it was fun to get a chance to help other students learn. This also gave me the opportunity to review older subjects that I was rusty on.
Professional experience includes competencies in the following areas: human resources, project development, and management experience, equal strength
Business Instructor (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Adjunct Instructor with competent and proven experience working with student success and retention programs. Over 15 years successful years of advising, counseling and mentoring students and individuals from various business and general public entities. Leadership in contributing to growth and development of programs in team-based, customer services and results oriented environments. Relationship development and accomplished liaison serves to representatives in business, college and community agencies to exchange and update information. Ability to provide consultative services to faculty related to disability accommodations, classroom conflicts and/or student/faculty relationships Accomplished in leading positive with individually that develop self-awareness and understanding, assessing and identifying problems, setting goals and development of individual employability plans that yield achievements in performance
A nice place to work!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), 143 Bostwick, Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, great work environment.
Cons: as adjunct, hard to get into higher position in the organization.
Adjunct instructor, teach business and political science courses. The college was a really nice work place. The job offered good training on equipment, and speedy on providing information. There was opportunity to advance. As an adjunct instructor, I was not could not get promoted, needed to apply as a new applicant for higher level jobs. The college became more adjunct instruction then full time staffers. It worked in the favor of the Community College. I enjoyed the adjunct position and doing some volunteer work.
Enjoyed the variety of students who attended the college.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 3, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the academic environment
Cons: too little time spent in the clinical areas.
I instructed LPN students during their first rotation, and this clinical experience took us to Metropolitan Hospital, and several nursing homes.
Very flexible with school schedule, very friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 25, 2014
Great staff to work with, very flexible and considerate with schooling and outside of the office issues.
Really Good School
Music Tutor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2014
I was a private music tutor, helping students pass their class. There was no management, except those who made sure that I followed guidelines in teaching.
Atmosphere changing
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2014
College is becoming less supportive and more regulated. More adversarial relationship between administration and faculty.

Best part was small class sizes so individual attention could be given to students.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 10, 2014
I immensely enjoy being an adjunct faculty member at GRCC and helping students to achieve their goals.
Productive and fun workplace helping students learn biology, physiology, and anatomy better.
Professional Tutor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 3, 2014
Pros: helping students do better in class.
Cons: can be very restrictive.
Co-workers are great, management is great, and the students are ready to come in and learn.
Rewarding work
Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 30, 2014
Pros: stimulating and rewarding work environment with a wonderful boss.
Cons: part-time and erratic schedule with no benefits
As an interpreter I a responsible to interpret for a variety of course throughout the GRCC campuses. I also interpret tutoring, academic support services, and meetings as necessary for students and staff.
energetic and eventufull
College Student (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 2, 2014
Amazing culture on campus. Helpful and knowledgeable in anything you may need help with.
Good people!
Student Project Administrator Volunteer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
This was one of the most rewarding jobs I had ever had. The people were real professional and kind.
Great People willing to give references.
Professional Tutor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2014
Those that I worked with have mentored me in a very meaningful way. The only reason I do not currently work there is the hourly pay for those with a Bachelor's Degree.