Grand Rapids Community College Employee Reviews

fun and laid back
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
A typical day at work was fun and everyone got along. I learned how to work in teams with and it also helped me communicate when something was wrong. The team would always be willing to help and make sure jobs got done.
Pleasant company to work for.
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2017
Instructional staff recommended me for a position. Practically everyone I've worked with, has been respectful, courteous, and pleasant to work with. I've enjoyed my time with this company.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work. You can take classes and always lots of opportunities to learn more. The treat staff great and show their appreciation. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Excellent opportunity for students who need to work parttime while attending school
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2017
Easy going work environment while still maintaining a professional vibe. I've been allowed opportunity for some advancement through training and education. My position allows for flexible working hours.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Not enough hours
Loved the variety and multiculturalism at GRCC.
Administrative Assistant to the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 7, 2017
Working at Grand Rapids Community College provided daily challenges and variety. Free parking was provided. Staff and administrative staff personnel are wonderful and professionalism and service are key in this position.
Typical day
Entry Attendent (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 19, 2017
Generally it is very relaxed so campus students who are working there may be able to find the time to do their homework, or prepare for the next class period.
OFFICE RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 31, 2017
Working at the Grand Rapids Community College Dental Clinic was a very interesting job. I was able to learn skills needed for my chosen career. I enjoyed learning what I was taught.
Great place to teach. Just not enough opportunities
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 24, 2017
Not enough opportunities to teach. Very if ever hire from the adjunct pool for full time positions. Good safe place to work. Very diverse student population.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Not enough work
Fun and Rewarding
ENGLISH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 22, 2017
Tutoring at Grand Rapids Community College was a lot of fun. I got to work one-on-one with a diverse group of students, and helped them achieve their goals firsthand. Nothing feels better than helping others.
Fun and stress free
Open Lab Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 11, 2017
Working at the college is a dream. You get a supportive team that helps you into your academic and professional career. I enjoyed this job very much. It helped me alot
i was a job training student
Student (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2017
i was a student in grand rapids community colleges, computer supports technician class. now that i have graduated i am looking to put my new skills to use
Grcc
Office Manager of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 29, 2017
Working for GRCC is an excellent place to work. I moved to Florida to help my parents so I had to give up the job. They have excellent benefits for family and single.
Great place for student employees
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working as a lifeguard. It was really nice to be able to go straight from class and just walk over for work. The people were great and I really enjoyed everything about it.
Seasonally busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 13, 2017
Worked during the busy financial aid season doing data entry, was very fast paced and demanding position, fun understanding people to work for, and semi flexible with hours.
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
has very slow times
Great place for a first professional start
support (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 8, 2017
Great opportunity to dive into many aspects of higher education. Seems to be a cap as to how much you are able to do as far as career development. Can be overworked.
Pros
work balance, work culture, supportive admins
Cons
work politics, lateral mobility, lack of autonomy
Fun work
Math tutor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 9, 2017
I like my job because, I get chance to halp students in what they are struggling with. And also Because I am a math tutor, I help student and they also give me a chance to learn a new things in math while solving the questions. I love my job petty much because I have the ability to choose my hours work depending on my classes hours.
Pros
Still get paid if the student didn't attend.
Cons
By appointment
Bored
Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 31, 2017
I was very excited to join the team because of all of the great reviews here. I have been here for almost 4 months and I have met with 2 students. The college success center is unsure of what they want to do and how they want to engage students. The only productive program they have is fast track. It is a glorified computer lab and place for students to get information about campus. The coaches are VERY nice and good to work with but you can tell everyone feels useless and probably looking for other jobs. I have a caseload of 112 students and none of them reply to calls or e-mails. I basically feel useless and hoping for some change.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
No direction, literally no work
Productive and fun work place
Deli Artist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Thought my time at Student life I worked hard and assisted students with questions about the school and raider cards. I learned great deal in the 2 years and gained more skills.
Pros
Hard workers
Cons
Hours
Great College
Student (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 25, 2016
Going to school at Grand Rapids Community College was an honor. The education there was top notch. I began there knowing nothing about web design and development and left having expert skills in some areas. I couldn't be happier with my school.
Excellent Work Life Excellent
HR Administrative Student Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 10, 2016
Everyday I went to work happy I worked there. There was great training, advancement opportunities, benefits and job culture. You can't go wrong working here.