Grand Sierra Resort Employee Reviews in United States

No job security!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 5, 2016
Nevada is a "right to work" state, which means they don't need to do the 3 strikes you're out. And they don't! They don't care about any of their employees. They have tons of applicants and you can be replaced in a minute. So they think......not the really good ones. My advice...if you want a long term job look elsewhere. Too much turn over. Really unhappy people working all in one place.
Pros
Pay, hours, easy to get to, beautiful environment.
Cons
Poor management, procrastination in management, no respect, you can be replaced in an instant in their eyes.
Terrible position most EMT's leave after a few days.
EMT-Security (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 24, 2016
The pay is low. The company is very unorganized. They tell their EMT's that they will get 14hr then you end up with 12hr. They dont provide the proper supplies. You will have no medical director to work under and will be told what to do in medical situations by managers that at most are CPR certified. Terrible work enviroment would avoid working here like at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Endless list
Great work environment, room to grow witin organization, needs better bonus program
Spa & Fitness Manager- (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 17, 2016
Great supervisors, demanding but fair. Allowed me to run department as I saw fit; did not micro manage. Great teachers, if I made a mistake, it was brought to my attention as a learning experience and not so much a disciplinary action.
Pros
room for advancement, great salary and benefits
Cons
need better bonus program for management when goals are met/exceeded
Productive and very busy with a lot of regulars
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2016
Being a hostess/cashier is exciting. You meet a lot of regular customers, you get to engage in different people, different personalities. The only hard part about the job is guests that think they have seniority are not as respectful. You get yelled at when the tables are full, or if there's any complications/confusions.
Grand Sierra
Guest Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 14, 2016
I would go in at 8 am and sign on to my bank and verify that the money that was in the drawer was in the drawer and then I would log onto the program that we used to give the employees there banks and count and verify any banks that needed to be counted and put back In the system I would also if I needed to do a bank deposit if my money that was in my drawer was to high
Pros
full-time job
Cons
health care was to expensive and didn't cover anything
Worst place I have ever worked. No equal opportunity, Bad pay. I've been in the work force for over 40 years. I've never seen a place like this.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 15, 2016
Didn't like it. They protect the patrons from the police. They do very bad things there. I don't recommend anybody to work there. Biggest turn over I've ever seen from any company.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
Huge Turnover rate
Management (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 16, 2016
Company has a huge turnover rate. They treat employees very poorly. New owners eliminated massive amounts of staff by eliminating job titles and getting rid of good people. HR staff changes completely every few months. Same with Marketing, Sales, and others. Very unethical place to work. People are very unhappy there and morale is horrible. Many Directors and managers are looking to get out. Work there at your own risk. They will steal your ideas for their own then kick you out the door.
Pros
There is none.
Cons
Treatment of staff is horrible.
Great place to work.
Director of Retail (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 27, 2016
Must be able to handle and multi-task at all time. Should be comfortable in a Casino environment. Most enjoyable part of the position is customer service.
Pros
Great employee caffeteria
Cons
short breaks, cigarette smoke in the casino
Grand Sierra Resort
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 30, 2016
Setting up and getting the restaurant ready for the opening shift. Rotation through different positions varying from taking orders, making drinks, back stocking, receiving, unpacking order and cleaning.
Pros
Early shifts
Cons
Stressful fast passed work
Pay is ok, but too much demanded on the employees
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 7, 2016
There are some management that are great leaders, while others not so much. The people you work with are great and they have an overall friendly feel. The accounting office is one of the hardest to work in out of the entire building.
Bowling Center Operations
Bowling Center Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 16, 2016
Provided with knowledge on operation of a bowling center from the front desk to back of the house where the pinsetters are located.
Fun, and full of hard workers
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 22, 2015
Working at GSR has taught me a lot about customer service and food & beverage. My managers always know what to expect and are always making sure we are ready for whatever life throws at us. Whenever we have a big show, or huge conventions we are always making sure to stay stocked up and ready. I have yet to see an angry guest.
Pros
Good Teamwork, Friendly coworkers
Cons
hostile environment, unfair work treatment
Terrible place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 2, 2015
Grand Sierra Resort does not care about their employees. If you go to Human Resources, they won't take you seriously. There are too many people in charge who shouldn't be. Don't waste your time!
big place
round table (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 13, 2015
I had a lot of fun working with the kids I learned a lot from them when I worked there. The people were nice and helped me if I needed help I just had to ask them.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short break
Fun and Amazing Job
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 12, 2015
This job was amazing. I love GSR! The company is lively. The environment is fun. The employees are very friendly. There is not one thing I can complain about. I loved that job.
Pros
Tips, Free Lunches
Professional environment
Payroll Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 13, 2015
I was able to learn various new things within the payroll department but i have always been a quick learner especially working here.
fast paced
Cooks Helper (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 29, 2015
A day at GSR was a little stressful. When it was shift change I had to go get all new food and the cart were not stable. It was fun because I was able to try all kinds of deserts. The hardest part was the holidays because it would be super busy. The management was okay along with the co workers.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Horrible place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Reno,NVJuly 23, 2015
I would not recommend anyone working at GSR. They do not treat there employees fair. Long hrs for not so great pay. Point system is ridiculous. To many rooms for an 8hr day. No free lunchs,short breaks,horrible management.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, hrs, management
Fun Quest
Attendant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 3, 2015
Was always a treat working in an arcade. I loved how we got to host games and be a part of the fun with our customers. Management was a joy to work with and so were the co workers. Never was a typical day very new everyday.
great fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 21, 2015
Lots of great staff. Plenty of hours to go around. The casino is under constant remodel so its an exciting place to work! Theres plenty of room to transfer in the company. I loved working all the big outdoor events.

2.7