Grand Strand Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere
Radiology File Room Clerk/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 3, 2017
Working at Grand Strand Hospital was a great experience. It was always something new and exciting going on but was also hard sometimes when people were sick.
Most charge Nurses are fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 29, 2017
most charge nurses are  skilled at relationship building with client and across organizations and teams. I like how as a team we are always generating options, and  implementing solutions in collaboration with clients.
Regional medical center in a tourist destination
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 25, 2017
This hospital is the main hospital in a tourist destination. It is a busy facility, which sees a vast number of visitors from out of town. Currently undergoing renovations to expand services.
Pros
Working in a beautiful part of the country
Cons
No comment
benefits were pretty good
LPN II (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 9, 2017
The management just does not know how to take care of and invest in their own employees. Employees don't quit jobs they quit bosses.
Remember employees are how a company profits. Take care of employees and they will take care of the patients.
Unfavorable Workplace Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 1, 2017
Staffing inadequate with empty promises from mgmt on increasing staffing. Extremely hard to advance professionally (You are either blackballed when they want to keep you on their unit or you have to be part of the "click group" or be a certified "brown-noser" to advance). Upper mgmt has their own agenda and have absolutely no regards to the patients, doctors, or staff. I feel like this hospital is a poor representation of HCA facilities.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Poor staffing, awful upper mgmt, poor advancement opportunities
unsafe nurse to patient ratio
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 18, 2017
On a typical day I had seven patients on a progressive care unit; these are patients that were stepping down from ICU. The nurse to patient ratio is terribly dangerous to both patients and to the RN. Management made schedules, I had very little down time. Because of understaffing, four days per week schedules were required. I would never work for this facility again. In fact, I drive out of town to work in a larger not-for-profit hospital. I frequently review all job sites, and Grand Strand is always hiring...they are desperate for employees because of constant turn-over. The RN's who work there are helpful, but, everyone is over-burdened. CNA's are also overworked, and there is difficulty accomplishing all tasks and taking adequate care of patients as ultimately it is the RN who must ensure all patient care is performed.
Pros
The beach
Cons
pay; understaffing, high patient to RN ratios
Enjoyable place to work, would recommend to others. Management and staff were amenable. Travel nurse at this location.
RN (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2017
Enjoyable place to work, would recommend to others. Management had open door policy. Staff was very amenable. Computer charting system easy to navigate.
A lot of changes
Staff RN (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 25, 2016
This is a great community hospital, but there are so many problems with management and processes. I was sad this job did not work out because I loved where I lived and didn't want to drive so far to work others places.
Awesome
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 14, 2016
Lots of experience, travel, friendly people. Fighting for our country and freedom made it so worth it. I loved my job, co-workers, family, and friends I made during my time in service.
Awesome and family oriented.
Administrative Assistant (Operating Room) (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 14, 2016
Great staff, I would love to work there and I would recommend Grand Strand to those that deserve to work there. I miss them, they were like family. I really wish that I was still there.
Pros
Great food
Cons
N/a
Best job i have ever had! medical knowledge gained was invaluable!
Emergency Department Registrar (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 17, 2015
Obtained patients demographic info as well as insurance and id, the ability to be in the room as the same time as the doctors and nurses provided me with the incredible experience to learn about the medical profession at the same time as meeting patients and family, for better or for worse.
Pros
invaluable medical knowledge gained
Cons
sometimes having patients last words having to be spoken to you instead of family
An excellent environment for clinical practice
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 11, 2015
While working at Grand Strand, I extended my knowledge base of drug pharmacodynamics. I enjoyed most of my co-workers; however some were difficult to get along with. Management needed improving. The hardest part of the job was not having a set schedule every week. The most enjoyable part was all the chaos of day to day operations.
Pros
8 hour days, 1 weekend a month
Cons
short breaks, poor benefits
great
OR Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 26, 2015
fun place to work enjoyed the work life balance the health coverage the pay and the coworkers. I learned many many thing while working for this facility. it was a great place to work
Pros
insurance
Cons
A great job, not so great co-workers
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 9, 2015
The job duties are great but not well enforced and you will have to make up for others lack of effort. It is VERY clicky, and the new person is nearly abused socially and with work. Management is fantastic with handling each situation as it rises, but is not present enough to prevent the issues in the first place.
Pros
No interaction with a customer base, mostly independent work.
Cons
TERRIBLE co-workers
Great place to begin your career as an RN
Staff Nurse on PCU (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 27, 2015
Day began at 7am, report, assess and monitor 6-8 patients. Staff was helpful and taught me how to assess and document correctly, how to call an MD, put in an IV line. Management listened to new staff and was very helpful.
Pros
coworkers were great
Cons
12 hour shifts
High stress workplace, not well managed
RN (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 18, 2015
High turnover rate, fantastic nurses, so-so, not supportive management.
Great learning opportunities
Opportunities for advancement
Pros
Great team of nurses to work with
Fast paced environment!
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 25, 2015
This is a GREAT E.R. if you like a fast pace and like to learn. I didn't like the high volume of travel nurses that just came and went. I did enjoy the regular f/t staff. This isn't the kind of place you want to work if you want ANY benefits whatsoever. I was NEVER offered any during my tenure there. I was RARELY thanked for my help but mostly it was from the travel nurses.
Pros
You'll learn the fast paced E.R. environment!
Cons
No benefits - lousy attitudes by some travel nurses
Hospital Care for Patients
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 26, 2015
Grand Strand Regional Medical Center is an exemplary hospital with decent pay, good human resources, and hours of work with room for overtime.....
Pros
pay, advancement opportunities
Would Recommend Choosing another Hospital Facility
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Working apart of Grand Strand has been a beneficial but challenging experience. Employees are nice but management needs work. Job can become redundant and tedious.
Pros
job culture, gaining knowledge
Cons
no benefits, long hours
mgmt
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 23, 2014
Department mgmt is good. Coworkers are nice. Kind of overtakes your life.