Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

Grand Strand Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT!
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: You'll learn the fast paced E.R. environment!
Cons: NO BENEFITS - LOUSY ATTITUDES BY SOME TRAVEL NURSES
This is a GREAT E.R. if you like a fast pace and like to learn. I didn't like the high volume of travel nurses that just came and went. I did enjoy the regular f/t staff. This isn't the kind of place you want to work if you want ANY benefits whatsoever. I was NEVER offered any during my tenure there. I was RARELY thanked for my help but mostly it was from the travel nurses.
Hospital Care for Patients
Medical Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pay, advancement opportunities
Grand Strand Regional Medical Center is an exemplary hospital with decent pay, good human resources, and hours of work with room for overtime.....
Would Recommend Choosing another Hospital Facility
Assistant (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: job culture, gaining knowledge
Cons: no benefits, long hours
Working apart of Grand Strand has been a beneficial but challenging experience. Employees are nice but management needs work. Job can become redundant and tedious.
mgmt
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 23, 2014
Department mgmt is good. Coworkers are nice. Kind of overtakes your life.
Great Hospital, Management varies with department
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great facility
Cons: lab management can be unfair at times
Proud to be a part of Grand Strand Medical Center; however, the management in the laboratory can be unfair at times and shifts can be short staffed often. Need more communication between management and the employees.
For Profit Hospital does not value Employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 31, 2014
Pros: guaranteed hours
Cons: understaffed, no nurse aids, poor compenstion
Always understaffed
Poor Management
Profits come before all else
Clinical Director
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: large teaching facility
Cons: thousands of employees that you are unable to remember every name
budget
staffing
productivity
workers comp
FMLA
planning and revenue
Fun place to work for
Certified CNA (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 30, 2014
A typical day at work for me is looking forward on seeing my patients again. Knowing that I make a difference in theirs lives as well is mine. The hardest part of my job is at the end of the day wondering if I'm forgetting anything or anyone. Sometimes our days can be over whelm, but knowing when you do leave at the end of the shift you gave and put in 120%.
Fantastic
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 25, 2014
Best experience I've had in a pharmacy, learned many things.
Very dynamic place to work and I would still be working for the hospital if I wasn't moving away.
ER Registrar/Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: family-like enviroment, the good hardy laughs, never a dull moment
Cons: lack of monetary incentives that we once had years ago
Working for a facility like Grand Strand's South Strand Medical Center made me appreciate each and every person I came into contact with during a work day. The small emergency department of South Strand had such a home-like feel that everyone knew who you were and you were never lost in the numbers like those of surrounding larger healthcare facilities. Once you are hired, it will really take drastic change, like a move out of state, for an opening because of the rapport the hospital has gained over the years. My co-workers were extended family, willing to go out of their way to make sure that things were done appropriately and that we served our customers properly. Management made sure that they were readily available to hear and comply to any voiced concerns, good or not so good. It saddens me to have to leave such a great work environment, but school had prepared me to move onward to a new state for a new step in my life.
Strictly Work
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach SCJanuary 14, 2014
This job was amazing when I first started however, as the years went on things got more and more complicated and the management staff changed rules and basically had you choose between family and work. I enjoyed my job and my co-workers but I would not want to work for the company again.
Awesome place to work!!
Registered Nurse I (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach,SCJanuary 7, 2014
A HCA facility with a wonderful work culture! Very supportive of continuing education and work life balance.
there is a wide variety of learning experiences
Unit Secretary/Ward Clerk/LPN (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: reimbersment for continuing education, meals being deducted from paycheck
Cons: short breaks
getting admissions of many critical patients at one time from trauma to cardiac arrests.
How to prioritize care for patients.
Co workers worked as a team
holding a persons hand while they pass away because they have no family with them.
saving someone's life
Great Place to Grow
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: pay
A great place to meet many people due to the high volume of tourists. The staff are generally team oriented and motivated to one common goal which is patient satisfaction.
Great place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist Team Leader (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 23, 2013
Loved working at GSRMC. Great people to work with. Miss not being able to work in the OR due to injury but am excited about becoming a coding specialist in the near future.
The staff is amazing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 11, 2013
My coworkers and I worked well together. It is difficult to do all that you would like to do for your patients but it is rewarding to have them thank you for your efforts to make them as comfortable and calm as possible.
Hospital Setting
Security Officer (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 3, 2013
Pros: morning shift and time off
Cons: pay and consistant changing of personnel
Clean work place and great group of Officers and Supervisers, But ever changing personnel was common. My experience as a Correction/Law Enforcement was utilized very efficient here and came in occasionally, Especially with the "Interpersonal Communication" with the patients that were depressed and that were on "Patient Watch".
Good doctors at this facility.
Registered Nurse-Preoperative and Recovery (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 27, 2013
Pros: good location
Cons: poor management
Nice facility with good doctors. Overworked staff and not enough compensation.
worst job ever
CNA (Former Employee), Myrtle beachJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: breaks, supervisors, nurses, heavy workload, pay
Horrible work environment, as a former cna was overworked. I had as many as 19 patients. Most of the nurses were lazy. They spent time socializing, browsing the internet etc. Supervisors are even worse because they took the nurses side whether they were
right or wrong. The best decision I made was to leave. Worst job ever
Hospital is part of the HCA Corporation
Supervisor (Former Employee), Myrtle BeachNovember 29, 2012
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: negative workplace environment, poor management
Worked for this company for many years. Current management does not look out for the employees. People are terminated regardless of what the previous review states. I find it hard to believe that the positive comments were written by actual working employees of this hospital system; I would suspect management put the reviews in to make themselves look better.

June 17, 2013

I am an RN that could only tolerate GSMRC for a few weeks. They are for-profit and do not care about the safety of the patients or the staff. I did not meet one single employee that liked their job. Nurses were required to work extra shifts and work through unpaid lunches and no breaks for shifts lasting up to 15-16 hours a day. This place cares about one thing and one thing only... MONEY!! I am glad to be out of their with my conscience and license intact. I pray for the health and safety of all who walk through the doors of Grand Strand

About Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

Grand Strand Regional Medical Center (GSRMC) is an acute care hospital serving Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and surrounding Georgetown – Read more