Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

Grand Strand Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Fun place to work for
Certified CNA (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 30, 2014
A typical day at work for me is looking forward on seeing my patients again. Knowing that I make a difference in theirs lives as well is mine. The hardest part of my job is at the end of the day wondering if I'm forgetting anything or anyone. Sometimes our days can be over whelm, but knowing when you do leave at the end of the shift you gave and put – more... in 120%. – less
Fantastic
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 25, 2014
Best experience I've had in a pharmacy, learned many things.
Very dynamic place to work and I would still be working for the hospital if I wasn't moving away.
ER Registrar/Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: family-like enviroment, the good hardy laughs, never a dull moment
Cons: lack of monetary incentives that we once had years ago
Working for a facility like Grand Strand's South Strand Medical Center made me appreciate each and every person I came into contact with during a work day. The small emergency department of South Strand had such a home-like feel that everyone knew who you were and you were never lost in the numbers like those of surrounding larger healthcare facilities. – more... Once you are hired, it will really take drastic change, like a move out of state, for an opening because of the rapport the hospital has gained over the years. My co-workers were extended family, willing to go out of their way to make sure that things were done appropriately and that we served our customers properly. Management made sure that they were readily available to hear and comply to any voiced concerns, good or not so good. It saddens me to have to leave such a great work environment, but school had prepared me to move onward to a new state for a new step in my life. – less
Strictly Work
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach SCJanuary 14, 2014
This job was amazing when I first started however, as the years went on things got more and more complicated and the management staff changed rules and basically had you choose between family and work. I enjoyed my job and my co-workers but I would not want to work for the company again.
Awesome place to work!!
Registered Nurse I (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach,SCJanuary 7, 2014
A HCA facility with a wonderful work culture! Very supportive of continuing education and work life balance.
there is a wide variety of learning experiences
Unit Secretary/Ward Clerk/LPN (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: reimbersment for continuing education, meals being deducted from paycheck
Cons: short breaks
getting admissions of many critical patients at one time from trauma to cardiac arrests.
How to prioritize care for patients.
Co workers worked as a team
holding a persons hand while they pass away because they have no family with them.
saving someone's life
Great Place to Grow
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: pay
A great place to meet many people due to the high volume of tourists. The staff are generally team oriented and motivated to one common goal which is patient satisfaction.
Great place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist Team Leader (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 23, 2013
Loved working at GSRMC. Great people to work with. Miss not being able to work in the OR due to injury but am excited about becoming a coding specialist in the near future.
The staff is amazing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 11, 2013
My coworkers and I worked well together. It is difficult to do all that you would like to do for your patients but it is rewarding to have them thank you for your efforts to make them as comfortable and calm as possible.
Hospital Setting
Security Officer (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 3, 2013
Pros: morning shift and time off
Cons: pay and consistant changing of personnel
Clean work place and great group of Officers and Supervisers, But ever changing personnel was common. My experience as a Correction/Law Enforcement was utilized very efficient here and came in occasionally, Especially with the "Interpersonal Communication" with the patients that were depressed and that were on "Patient Watch".
Good doctors at this facility.
Registered Nurse-Preoperative and Recovery (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 27, 2013
Pros: good location
Cons: poor management
Nice facility with good doctors. Overworked staff and not enough compensation.
worst job ever
CNA (Former Employee), Myrtle beachJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: breaks, supervisors, nurses, heavy workload, pay
Horrible work environment, as a former cna was overworked. I had as many as 19 patients. Most of the nurses were lazy. They spent time socializing, browsing the internet etc. Supervisors are even worse because they took the nurses side whether they were
right or wrong. The best decision I made was to leave. Worst job ever
Hospital is part of the HCA Corporation
Supervisor (Former Employee), Myrtle BeachNovember 29, 2012
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: negative workplace environment, poor management
Worked for this company for many years. Current management does not look out for the employees. People are terminated regardless of what the previous review states. I find it hard to believe that the positive comments were written by actual working employees of this hospital system; I would suspect management put the reviews in to make themselves look – more... better. – less

June 17, 2013

I am an RN that could only tolerate GSMRC for a few weeks. They are for-profit and do not care about the safety of the patients or the staff. I did not meet one single employee that liked their job. Nurses were required to work extra shifts and work through unpaid lunches and no breaks for shifts lasting up to 15-16 hours a day. This place cares about one thing and one thing only... MONEY!! I am glad to be out of their with my conscience and license intact. I pray for the health and safety of all who walk through the doors of Grand Strand

nothng good to say.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 25, 2012
Pros: excellent hosp for cardiac care
Cons: musical beds played all day and all night long
I worked there 10 years and just could not take it anymore. With the continued attempts to be a Trauma II hospital, pts were admitted in and out of ICU like musical beds. It didn't matter that pts were being neglected because of more critical pts. Musical beds occurred so frequently, every single night, when we would call the cardiac doctors to see – more... if we could transfer a pt out at 0300, doctors would hang up on us! It was ridiculous and frustrating! Supervisors were ridiculous! Staffing was not always sufficient for the critical needs. Management cared nothing about staff opinions. I should have left many years ago. They catered to the new (especially 2 yrs Horry Tech nurses) as opposed to the older BSN nurses. But then again many of the management were only 2 yr nurses when they got their positions. The job was dangerous for both the RN and the pt. We had to transfer pts out so rapidly there was no time to even chart a full assessment! I had a pt dying and was called out of the room to transfer a pt out NOW> The pt died, I did not get to finish the time with the family that was needed, but the pt certainly was transferred out! The new pt wasn't even critical, was sitting up in bed laughing and was transferred out 2 hrs later!I received 2 more admissions that night. Finally, after a critical transfer out, another critical pt rolled in 30 minutes later. Instead of helping when everthing was going on crazy , a supervising 2 yr grad chose to write the situation up to satisfy her own needs. My quiet little pt in the other bed ... well, he would have been neglected if a nurse hadn't been checking on him for me.
Nothing more to say. I have no regrets leaving. – less
It doesn't get any better than working at the top with the Officers that run the hospital
Administrative Assistant - Administration (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 25, 2012
Pros: first hand assistant to all officers. i was proud to be a part of the office.
Cons: no adverse comments
I gained true insight to the day-to-day responsibilities and the immediate issues at hand that were needed to be met, completed and to uphold the core values and credibility of the facility.
I loved my job!
Office worker (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 25, 2012
Pros: good benefits-no one ever gets terminated!
Cons: below average pay, no advancement.
The pay at GSRMC is below other hospitals in the area. As many times as you discuss this with management, they don't want to hear the truth....I've seen employees sleeping on their shift and everyone just laughs....Management turns their backs on everything-you try to bring constructive conversations to meetings and people laugh. I would not want to – more... be a patient at GS as anyone can look up and see why you are there.

I've gotten a position at another hospital for more money and it appears that everyone is respectful of each other. I love going to work everyday and doing 110% and being recognized for it!!

Life has never been better! – less

About Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

Grand Strand Regional Medical Center (GSRMC) is an acute care hospital serving Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and surrounding Georgetown – Read more

Grand Strand Regional Medical Center Photos