Grand View Hospital

Grand View Hospital Employer Reviews

We are very productive. We always find a reason to celebrate with a good themed lunch, in which everyone brings in food. we also support one another.
Microbiology Tech (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: family issues are important to the assistant lab manager., we like to celebrate with themed lunches, everyone brings in an item of food that goes with theme, we also help one another out, when someone is ill everyone takes a turn and makes a dinner for the persons family
Cons: health care, salary
Being a microbiology tech at Grand View is a challenging position
Grand View is one of the few hospitals that functions on its own. They have never merged with ant other health system. Therefor Grand View is a fully functional hospital. In the microbiology lab we perform routine bacteriology using the Vitek ,the Bact T Alert, along with manual testing for some of the fastidious and more resistant organisms. In the 9 years I have been there we have numerous unusual organisms, such as Lactococcus, from a girl that was bit by a rat. For a community hospital Grand View get more than its share of difficult organisms. We techs do alot of research and work well to -gether to the doctor the results needed to treat the patient.
A typical work day ,there are 3 benches however, now we divide the work between 2 techs, We takes temps of frigs,incubators, instruments. We have a special ana jar devoted to strep screen, they are read in the morning. Specimens left by night shift are plated in. An overdue log is pulled up. Negative blood cultures are reported
the demographics of the blood cultures set by nights and evenings are put into the Bact T Alert computer. The plated bacteriology cultures are read. One tech enters MIC results on 48 hour cultures , problem solves any difficult cultures. The person reading 24 hour plates also sets up new MIC. We perform antigen testing for Campylobacter. Shiga toxin E Colis, C.diff. We also perform ANA's
We read fungus cultures once weekly. The AFB cultures are monitored by the Bact T Alert. .
We plate incoming specimens as they come in. We read gram smears – more... as specimens are set. We process positive blood cultures as they come off of the Bact T Alert. We perform quality control upon receipt on kits and Vitek cards. We do weekly quality control on Vitek cards, we also do as used quality control on less used Vitek cards. The job is difficult because we are very busy, however, we have less staff. Now the hospital is short about 4 aids and the techs are being expected to fill along with doing our benches.
The techs in the microbiology lab get along very well and we help one another out – less
Great work environment, it was a fulfilling expereince
orderly/ nurses assistant (Current Employee), Sellersville, PANovember 4, 2014
A typical day of work I deal with many patients. I transport them to their proper destination. I bring them for testings like x-ray, MRI, CT scans. I've learned to be caring with patients but also to be fast and productive. I've learned to prioritize between jobs and also to multi-task between jobs. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy i need to prioritize, to determined what job is more important than the other. For example ICU patients are the first in my list and then come everything else. I love my job, the people, the work environment is great, I couldn't ask for anything better. I love taking care of my patients and making them smile, I do enjoy that.
volunteen
Volunteer (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAAugust 15, 2014
had 360 hours of volunteer services enjoyed working with nurses and drs with the patients
Great place and people to work with.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee), Sellersville, PAAugust 8, 2014
Great team to work with. I had a very flexible schedule when I was in school.
Need more communication
RN (Current Employee), Perkasie, PAMay 8, 2014
This hospital doesn't communicate with one another, which makes nursing very hard there.
Productive and fun place to work, great coworkers and doctors.
Radiology Specials Nurse (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: very independent work
Cons: moving out of our department into another that does not want us just to save f ew bucks.
Fabulous, loved every aspect of it. Learned a lot and was very accepted as a new comer. Established raport with everyone.
well cultured helthcare facility
Biomedical Equipment Technician, Duties (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAMay 4, 2013
Pros: very busy biomed shop, great co workers
Cons: few technical challenges
The atmosphere and the people were great here. There was job security, but little room for technical advancement. I was offered a biomed position that would involve my dialysis expertise.
Very considerate of home/work balance.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: ability to work at home with flexible hours.
Cons: long periods of sitting, lack of ability to move around much.
My hours were flexible. I needed to complete my 8-hour shift any time between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm. The job was mentally taxing but I always felt I played an important part in the overall health care of each patient by making sure their medical information was accurately recorded in a timely manner. Because I worked at home it was difficult to maintain relationships with my co-workers but we would arrange social events when we could get together and build relationships. At the end of the day I always had a great sense of accomplishment.

About Grand View Hospital

Grand View Hospital was founded in 1913 as the first community hospital in Bucks County. Today, Grand View has grown to become – Read more