Grand View Hospital

Grand View Hospital Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Had some great co-workers
Cons: Stressful environment at times
I was employed with Grand View Hospital for 15 years and there has been a great declined in employee moral. It has been very sad to see this happen. I enjoyed working with the patients on a daily basis. There is a great need for proper staffing and change in management.
too much rotating, short breaks, won't compensate you for added accreditation others don't have
................. (Current Employee), Sellersville, PAApril 9, 2015
I have worked at GVH several years. There was a time that us employees felt we were paid fairly, we had a good time on the job, worked as a team, moral was high. Quickly things changed.. there are no longer longevity raises, full time hours were decreased from 40 hours to 37 hours ( in only certain departments ) , pay was decreased, weekend rates were taken away. Moral is down to a new low. Employees are rotated around 4 outpatient centers and the main hospital which makes it difficult to get into a routine and good flow of work. They do not pay you for doing all the extra tasks associated with doing other added requirements. It is just expected and taken while those who cant do them dont have as much stress. I have been maxed out with no opportunity to advance or make any more money at this Hospital... Side deals are made for positions behind the scenes and favorites are played. We could really use a union at this place to keep things fair in order of seniority . Vacation,retirement and sick was reduced. You cant use your sick time unless you are out 4 consecutive days in a row. When you go part time you lose all the sick time you had accumulated. You are written up for being out 4 times in 12 months no matter what the reason,, blizzard, sick, child sick, flat tire etc... There is no compassion for employees anymore and we feel very unappreciated. Any issues and concerns we have get passed around and fall on deaf ears. GVH has lost a lot of long time experienced hard working employees and will continue to do so unless they start listening and improving employment and staffing adequately. You also arent able take your 15 min break anymore. Only your 30min lunch.
Supportive, Educational environment
Registered Nurse on 40 bed Telemetry Unit (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Continuous education
A typical day at Grand View hospital would include receiving patient report from the nurse on the previous shift. I would perform patient assessments, distribute medications,educate patient and family members on patient condition, and collaborate with physicians to provide quality care to the patients. Grand View provided many educational classes to advance your nursing education. I learned to be organized and prioritize. I learned to communicate assessments to physicians and to other pertinent staff. Our nurse managers on all shifts were always very helpful. Our nursing staff worked well with each other. The hardest part of the job became time management when there was not adequate staffing. My most enjoyable part of the job was the continuous on the job education and striving to give the patient the best quality of care
Good Company
Information Services Intern (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAJanuary 8, 2015
This position gave me a good incite into the business. They also seem to be focused on employee satisfaction.
We are very productive. We always find a reason to celebrate with a good themed lunch, in which everyone brings in food. we also support one another.
Microbiology Tech (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: family issues are important to the assistant lab manager., we like to celebrate with themed lunches, everyone brings in an item of food that goes with theme, we also help one another out, when someone is ill everyone takes a turn and makes a dinner for the persons family
Cons: health care, salary
Being a microbiology tech at Grand View is a challenging position
Grand View is one of the few hospitals that functions on its own. They have never merged with ant other health system. Therefor Grand View is a fully functional hospital. In the microbiology lab we perform routine bacteriology using the Vitek ,the Bact T Alert, along with manual testing for some of the fastidious and more resistant organisms. In the 9 years I have been there we have numerous unusual organisms, such as Lactococcus, from a girl that was bit by a rat. For a community hospital Grand View get more than its share of difficult organisms. We techs do alot of research and work well to -gether to the doctor the results needed to treat the patient.
A typical work day ,there are 3 benches however, now we divide the work between 2 techs, We takes temps of frigs,incubators, instruments. We have a special ana jar devoted to strep screen, they are read in the morning. Specimens left by night shift are plated in. An overdue log is pulled up. Negative blood cultures are reported
the demographics of the blood cultures set by nights and evenings are put into the Bact T Alert computer. The plated bacteriology cultures are read. One tech enters MIC results on 48 hour cultures , problem solves any difficult cultures. The person reading 24 hour plates also sets up new MIC. We perform antigen testing for Campylobacter. Shiga toxin E Colis, C.diff. We also perform ANA's
We read fungus cultures once weekly. The AFB cultures are monitored by the Bact T Alert. .
We plate incoming specimens as they come in. We read gram smears – more... as specimens are set. We process positive blood cultures as they come off of the Bact T Alert. We perform quality control upon receipt on kits and Vitek cards. We do weekly quality control on Vitek cards, we also do as used quality control on less used Vitek cards. The job is difficult because we are very busy, however, we have less staff. Now the hospital is short about 4 aids and the techs are being expected to fill along with doing our benches.
The techs in the microbiology lab get along very well and we help one another out – less
Great work environment, it was a fulfilling expereince
orderly/ nurses assistant (Current Employee), Sellersville, PANovember 4, 2014
A typical day of work I deal with many patients. I transport them to their proper destination. I bring them for testings like x-ray, MRI, CT scans. I've learned to be caring with patients but also to be fast and productive. I've learned to prioritize between jobs and also to multi-task between jobs. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy i need to prioritize, to determined what job is more important than the other. For example ICU patients are the first in my list and then come everything else. I love my job, the people, the work environment is great, I couldn't ask for anything better. I love taking care of my patients and making them smile, I do enjoy that.
volunteen
Volunteer (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAAugust 15, 2014
had 360 hours of volunteer services enjoyed working with nurses and drs with the patients
Great place and people to work with.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee), Sellersville, PAAugust 8, 2014
Great team to work with. I had a very flexible schedule when I was in school.
Need more communication
RN (Current Employee), Perkasie, PAMay 8, 2014
This hospital doesn't communicate with one another, which makes nursing very hard there.
Productive and fun place to work, great coworkers and doctors.
Radiology Specials Nurse (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: very independent work
Cons: moving out of our department into another that does not want us just to save f ew bucks.
Fabulous, loved every aspect of it. Learned a lot and was very accepted as a new comer. Established raport with everyone.
well cultured helthcare facility
Biomedical Equipment Technician, Duties (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAMay 4, 2013
Pros: very busy biomed shop, great co workers
Cons: few technical challenges
The atmosphere and the people were great here. There was job security, but little room for technical advancement. I was offered a biomed position that would involve my dialysis expertise.
Very considerate of home/work balance.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Sellersville, PAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: ability to work at home with flexible hours.
Cons: long periods of sitting, lack of ability to move around much.
My hours were flexible. I needed to complete my 8-hour shift any time between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm. The job was mentally taxing but I always felt I played an important part in the overall health care of each patient by making sure their medical information was accurately recorded in a timely manner. Because I worked at home it was difficult to maintain relationships with my co-workers but we would arrange social events when we could get together and build relationships. At the end of the day I always had a great sense of accomplishment.

About Grand View Hospital

Grand View Hospital was founded in 1913 as the first community hospital in Bucks County. Today, Grand View has grown to become – Read more