Grand View Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive, Busy
RN (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAOctober 1, 2017
Typical work day: Busy, ensuring patients' safety, medication administration.
What I learned: I learned most of my orthopedic , rehabilitation and med surg skills while at GVH.
Work Place culture: Positive culture.
Most enjoyable part of my job: Watching my patients succeed in getting well and going home, and ensuring they had a positive experience while at GVH
Pros
relationships with my collegues, we were a "happy family"
staff nurse worked nights
float pool nurse (Med/Surg, Ortho, Skilled) (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PASeptember 6, 2017
Very professional place. Staff was very helpful when I needed help with high acuity patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and the patients. The hardest part of the job for me was working nights.
Pros
staff relationships
Cons
working night shift
Love the "job" aspect ; Management needs work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sellersville, PAJune 15, 2017
Working here for 2.5 years so far. Love the patients, and I love what I do. Get praised daily by my patients. Manger just met me for the first time in 2 years. Don't document verbal warnings, nor write-ups. Employees have drawn the wrong patient, missed tubes, read tests wrong, and threatened the lives of fellow employees and still employed by GVH. The more of a trainwreck you are, the more you're coddled. Currently have employee out for two weeks with unpaid leave and no doctor note. Management and HR doing nothing. Staff running ragged to cover shifts missed by said employee.
benefits are good, pay is average
it became a cold place to work
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAMarch 6, 2017
I worked what they would consider 'the bottom of the totem pole',. If a department didn't make money, they wouldn't be considered as quickly for budget increases. You had to make a lot of noise to get updated equipment or supplies Just before I left, a new department head was hired. He was of the mind set that women should know their place and not argue. There was an unsafe situation that I couldn't keep quiet about. I couldn't let it go so, it made for an uncomfortable work place.
Good place to work overall
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAAugust 19, 2016
: A typical work day is very productive and busy.
: I learned various things, including packaging medications, how to prepare IV solutions, compounding oral syringes, stocking Pyxis machines in various locations of the hospital.
: Management was not always consistent with policies for all employees.
: I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers
: The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things in pharmacy procedures
: The hardest part of the job was delivering patient medications in patient rooms when the drawers were blocked or inaccessible.
Pros
Good benefits for full-time employees, Paid accumital leave
Cons
No established breaks for pharmacy employees other than lunch
Friendly Atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAAugust 18, 2016
Friendly co-workers and management, positive atmosphere, and opportunity to pick up extra hours. Opportunity for advancement. Cafeteria food discounted for employees.
Great Place to work!
Radiologic Technologist- part time (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PANovember 20, 2015
I loved the staff at Grand View. Everyone was like family and worked well together in the imaging department. Work day went by quickly.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Commute
very good patient care
Staff and Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  sellersville paOctober 6, 2015
Grandview has a very strong history of solid patient care and providing a nice environment and community for the employees who are at the hospital
Pros
culture is family oriented
Cons
not a large network
provided direct patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PASeptember 28, 2015
Direct patient care, case management. Great fellow employees providing compassionate nursing care. Management not focused enough on it's employees and the struggle in providing care to very ill patient's. Long term employees not valued.
It's an ok place to work
Group Leader-Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Sellersville, PAMay 29, 2015
my boss and my some of my co-workers help me through my day

Too much gossip, too many people that spend more time worrying about what other people doing
Stressful environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAApril 16, 2015
I was employed with Grand View Hospital for 15 years and there has been a great declined in employee moral. It has been very sad to see this happen. I enjoyed working with the patients on a daily basis. There is a great need for proper staffing and change in management.
Pros
Had some great co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment at times
too much rotating, short breaks, won't compensate you for added accreditation others don't have
................. (Current Employee) –  Sellersville, PAApril 9, 2015
I have worked at GVH several years. There was a time that us employees felt we were paid fairly, we had a good time on the job, worked as a team, moral was high. Quickly things changed.. there are no longer longevity raises, full time hours were decreased from 40 hours to 37 hours ( in only certain departments ) , pay was decreased, weekend rates were taken away. Moral is down to a new low. Employees are rotated around 4 outpatient centers and the main hospital which makes it difficult to get into a routine and good flow of work. They do not pay you for doing all the extra tasks associated with doing other added requirements. It is just expected and taken while those who cant do them dont have as much stress. I have been maxed out with no opportunity to advance or make any more money at this Hospital... Side deals are made for positions behind the scenes and favorites are played. We could really use a union at this place to keep things fair in order of seniority . Vacation,retirement and sick was reduced. You cant use your sick time unless you are out 4 consecutive days in a row. When you go part time you lose all the sick time you had accumulated. You are written up for being out 4 times in 12 months no matter what the reason,, blizzard, sick, child sick, flat tire etc... There is no compassion for employees anymore and we feel very unappreciated. Any issues and concerns we have get passed around and fall on deaf ears. GVH has lost a lot of long time experienced hard working employees and will continue to do so unless they start listening and improving employment  more... and staffing adequately. You also arent able take your 15 min break anymore. Only your 30min lunch.  less
Supportive, Educational environment
Registered Nurse on 40 bed Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAApril 8, 2015
A typical day at Grand View hospital would include receiving patient report from the nurse on the previous shift. I would perform patient assessments, distribute medications,educate patient and family members on patient condition, and collaborate with physicians to provide quality care to the patients. Grand View provided many educational classes to advance your nursing education. I learned to be organized and prioritize. I learned to communicate assessments to physicians and to other pertinent staff. Our nurse managers on all shifts were always very helpful. Our nursing staff worked well with each other. The hardest part of the job became time management when there was not adequate staffing. My most enjoyable part of the job was the continuous on the job education and striving to give the patient the best quality of care
Pros
Continuous education
Good Company
Information Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAJanuary 8, 2015
This position gave me a good incite into the business. They also seem to be focused on employee satisfaction.
We are very productive. We always find a reason to celebrate with a good themed lunch, in which everyone brings in food. we also support one another.
Microbiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Being a microbiology tech at Grand View is a challenging position
Grand View is one of the few hospitals that functions on its own. They have never merged with ant other health system. Therefor Grand View is a fully functional hospital. In the microbiology lab we perform routine bacteriology using the Vitek ,the Bact T Alert, along with manual testing for some of the fastidious and more resistant organisms. In the 9 years I have been there we have numerous unusual organisms, such as Lactococcus, from a girl that was bit by a rat. For a community hospital Grand View get more than its share of difficult organisms. We techs do alot of research and work well to -gether to the doctor the results needed to treat the patient.
A typical work day ,there are 3 benches however, now we divide the work between 2 techs, We takes temps of frigs,incubators, instruments. We have a special ana jar devoted to strep screen, they are read in the morning. Specimens left by night shift are plated in. An overdue log is pulled up. Negative blood cultures are reported
the demographics of the blood cultures set by nights and evenings are put into the Bact T Alert computer. The plated bacteriology cultures are read. One tech enters MIC results on 48 hour cultures , problem solves any difficult cultures. The person reading 24 hour plates also sets up new MIC. We perform antigen testing for Campylobacter. Shiga toxin E Colis, C.diff. We also perform ANA's
We read fungus cultures once weekly. The AFB cultures are monitored by the Bact T Alert. .
We plate incoming specimens as they come in. We read
  more... gram smears as specimens are set. We process positive blood cultures as they come off of the Bact T Alert. We perform quality control upon receipt on kits and Vitek cards. We do weekly quality control on Vitek cards, we also do as used quality control on less used Vitek cards. The job is difficult because we are very busy, however, we have less staff. Now the hospital is short about 4 aids and the techs are being expected to fill along with doing our benches.
The techs in the microbiology lab get along very well and we help one another out
Pros
Family issues are important to the assistant lab manager., We like to celebrate with themed lunches, Everyone brings in an item of food that goes with theme, We also help one another out, When someone is ill everyone takes a turn and makes a dinner for the persons family
Cons
health care, salary
Great work environment, it was a fulfilling expereince
orderly/ nurses assistant (Current Employee) –  Sellersville, PANovember 4, 2014
A typical day of work I deal with many patients. I transport them to their proper destination. I bring them for testings like x-ray, MRI, CT scans. I've learned to be caring with patients but also to be fast and productive. I've learned to prioritize between jobs and also to multi-task between jobs. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy i need to prioritize, to determined what job is more important than the other. For example ICU patients are the first in my list and then come everything else. I love my job, the people, the work environment is great, I couldn't ask for anything better. I love taking care of my patients and making them smile, I do enjoy that.
volunteen
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAAugust 15, 2014
had 360 hours of volunteer services enjoyed working with nurses and drs with the patients
Great place and people to work with.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Sellersville, PAAugust 8, 2014
Great team to work with. I had a very flexible schedule when I was in school.
Need more communication
RN (Current Employee) –  Perkasie, PAMay 8, 2014
This hospital doesn't communicate with one another, which makes nursing very hard there.
Productive and fun place to work, great coworkers and doctors.
Radiology Specials Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sellersville, PAMarch 26, 2014
Fabulous, loved every aspect of it. Learned a lot and was very accepted as a new comer. Established raport with everyone.
Pros
Very independent work
Cons
Moving out of our department into another that does not want us just to save f ew bucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand View Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Grand View Hospital Reviews by Location