Grande Cheese Company Employee Reviews

good job
wharehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Friendship, WIJuly 24, 2017
This job is great for someone who doesn't like working with the public. I do. the 12 hr shifts are my biggest issue. I am very much involved in my community and working here makes that difficult.
Pros
days off
Cons
12 hr shift
The money was great
Packer (Former Employee) –  Juda, WIMay 15, 2017
The money was awesome, and having to work 180 days a year is nice. I personally didnt like the rotating shifts. It never let your body get use to it. I also think the people are in such a competition to out do and correct each other it makes the work life miserable. The company itself isnt bad and I would have stayed if i had different team members.
Pros
near home
Cons
people
Decent job for a rew years
Curd process (Former Employee) –  Rubicon, WIApril 24, 2017
Lots of overtime. Lack of advancement unless you're a career dairy guy. Management was mediocre at best, one manager complained of his job like everyone else. It's physical work with early hours but could be good for the right person.
Pros
Overtime, cheese discounts, ok pay
Cons
Physically and mentally draining, repetitive
Great Company to work for
Quality Resource Analyst/ SQF Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, WIFebruary 12, 2017
The overall environment was excellent- you really did feel appreciated. Fun people, energetic atmosphere. Everyone showed a great commitment to produce quality products. There was a huge family - like mentality.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Advancement is challenging
Nice company to work for.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Very good job to work for very good benefits very nice people awesome pay job security room to move up great pay.A lot of overtime.Alsome hours nice location.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
At times they want you to work too much.
There is a TV in the break room and no body fights over the remote.
Package associate (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 19, 2016
The hardest part of my job to be honest is dealing with the floor lead. He treats everyone like they are stupid. He constantly talks down to you and makes you feel like the smallest person in the world. It doesn't matter if you are doing the job right or wrong he always complains no matter what. He is not a people person and I do not understand how or why he got a leader position. I would like to transfer to a different department, but unfortunately no other jobs are available, so I made the choice to leave and find a better job for me.
Lack of advancement and security
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 1, 2016
Worked there for 5+ years, acquired lots of skills but always turned down for any advancement, candidates with seniority rather than skill were selected. Non union shop, but seniority means a lot to them. Quick to fire anyone, not a secure place, if you make waves with management, they will find a reason to end your employment. Did make some amazing friends in my time there.
Pros
Cheese at cost
Cons
Poor management all the way around
An exciting and productive work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyocena, WISeptember 30, 2015
A typical day starts at 4:30 am and begins with a brief meeting with my team. Questions are asked on what happened how was it resolved,can it be prevented.
Then the shift is directed to the days duties.
Work on project management plans for capital appropriation requests either for this year or for the strategic long term plam which is 4 years out.
Confer with Plant manager and quality manager as well as team managers and cheese makers. Asking questions on the processes for the day.
Contractor meetings with or without Engineering support.
Meetings with vendors as required.
Perhaps will need to discuss a behavioral issue with associate or discuss the next weeks job plans with the planner/scheduler.
Many trips through out the facility to see first hand how all operations are running.
Discuss with the corporate group process/continuous improvement and new mandated programs or policies.
If regulatory arrive on site assist the managers in the various audits.
Generally finish the day planning the next's days responsibilities and projects. Home by 4:00 pm
Pros
Allowed autonomy to think out of the box.
Cons
Slow response time of decision makers.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 18, 2015
Fantastic leadership, culture and advancement opportunities. I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking for a long stable rewarding career.
Curd Processor (Former Employee) –  Wyocena, WIFebruary 5, 2014
Decent place to work except very repetitive work days.

dffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Want to know more about Grande Cheese Company?

Ask a question
Excellent managament and understanding company.
Waste Water Purification Specialist/ Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, WIApril 16, 2013
Grande has been the best company I have ever worked for. They are wiling to accommodate their employees in any way in order to provide stability in their lives. They are understanding, passionate and grateful to everyone who strive to make Grande operate.
good job there's just no advancement opportunities
dice/shred packager, back up leader (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, WISeptember 21, 2012
Not the best place to go if you want to advance however you can get allot of pto its just that half the time you won't be able to use it
Pros
lots of pto
Cons
work holidays and can't really take days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grande Cheese Company. Our community is ready to answer.