Grande Communications Employee Reviews

A perfect place in a town full of part time jobs
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 23, 2017
The pay and benefits are worth it. It is very stressful to deal with angry customers all day but this jobs pays well for what you have to deal with. Plus you'll lead patience and restraint.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Stress, angry customers
Cleaning house
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2016
I was the first employee hired as a Grande employee in the Corpus Christi location. I had been instructed on what my job requirements and the amount of time it would take to accomplish them. It was a very demanding position but I was able to meet those demands. After several months new management was coming down from the San Marcos area to evaluate the facility. To sum up this review, higher management was cleaning house and promoting employees from other facilities to our facility. Long time employees were let go and other employees were removed to make room for new employees. It was a horrible way to operate a business. I always inform other businesses on how Grande operated. I will never work for them again.
Productive and fun work place
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 10, 2016
clock in sign into your phone and take calls all day; Ive learned a lot about time management and multitasking. I have great coworkers and management is always willing to help if you are in a pinch
Pros
free services
Cons
no advancement oppertunity
Overall not to bad for a call center
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE II (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 18, 2016
Management and morale was average due to their leadership. However, I was fortunate to learn from a wonderful technical trainer, and continued to work my up the call center technical ranks.
Pros
Schedule and having three days off
Cons
Managemet
challanging
Broadband Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 12, 2016
I learned a lot and advanced in a male dominated field. I have been in the cable industry for 13 years. I have enjoyed working for this company.
Productive and Great Team Members
Assistant to the Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2016
My team was very cohesive and we worked well together. Everyone was passionate about doing their job well day after day.
productive and fun enviroment
Retention Agent - Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from then. the office started to get crowded as the company grew
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good Employees
Director of Field Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2015
Great employees not so good corporate market relationships. Local market teamwork is excellent across all departments.
Enjoyable team atmospere
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 2, 2015
Great company to work for. Great atmosphere and team building mindset. Open door policy and a pet friendly environment.
Good
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Glad that i am working with such a good employer who has been always with me in all aspects and by providing good.

you can let me know if you need any further stuff to know about my Employer
Lack of managment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Too much work out leaving you out in field all alone. Although the pay is good its not worth losing your family over the management needs a wake up call they do not have it squared away
Productive and laid back environment
Technical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San marcos, TXJuly 29, 2015
Good place to build a skill set in customer service or a technical background. Management could be a little better. Decent pay and benefits.
Pros
Office building with free coffee and occasional free food
Cons
shift can depend on company needs
Grande Comm
Tech II (Former Employee) –  San MarcosMay 18, 2015
Tech one promotion to tech two is fairly quick.
Positions above tech support II are often filled from outside the company so further advancement is unlikely.
Also if you are hired on working a night shift, do not expect to ever get a reasonable shift.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours, shifts, thankless, no advancement
Grande Communications
Sales/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TexasMay 14, 2015
Grande Communications was very family oriented and had great management. The position consisted of managing a sales team of up to 12 agents at a time, from payroll to sales quotes. Being a Sales Supervisor I was mentored by some of the best managers I have worked for. They focused on advancement opportunities with in the company.
Pros
Mentoring Program
Cons
Hours
Feels like old school management!
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 20, 2015
A typical day would be installing cable boxes, wifi routers, and home phone. Management has HR problems. My supervisor does not know how to talk to employees when disciplining them. Coworkers are from all different cable companies, so everyone brings knowledge to the team. Hardest part of job is dealing with the management. You can never please them no matter how hard you work. The management are not worried about customer service. It's all about getting to the next job instead of doing it right the first time.
Pros
Benefits are the only postive about company.
Cons
They hire incompetent managers/supervisors.
Great local Texas company
Enterprise Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2015
Typical outside sale position. Work hard to earn your leads and compensation. Great marketing events and great team. Management was very supportive and fun to work for.
Pros
Local Texas Company
Awesome Place to Work!!!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  san marcos TXApril 8, 2015
Great place to work. It was fun and enjoyable. The managers went out of their way to make you feel comfortable at your desk and took time to help you.
Pros
Free Lunches
Small Company
Enterprise Sales (Current Employee) –  dfwMarch 26, 2015
Company would be best served by implementing a formal onboarding and training program. Revolving door of telecom salespeople from various companies. Qualified and able external talent not given training and support to succeed.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Salary, training
Just don't do call center work.
Technical Support - Level 2 (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Do not work in the call center and you'll enjoy working for the company.
Cable job
Broadband Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 2, 2014
Typical cable job. Have learned a lot about cable industry. Coworkers are good people and normally help you out.
Pros
Free cable and internet
Cons
Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grande Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3