Grandpoint Bank

Grandpoint Bank Employer Reviews

Don't bother.
SVP Manager (Current Employee), Encino, CAOctober 9, 2013
This place is bad, really bad. I'm actively looking for another job because this is one of worst places I've worked at. HR doesn't know how to handle employee situations and they are up in everyone's business. Too much micro management. The rumor is they are getting ready to sell the bank so there's been layoffs, including layoffs of executive management. – more... Scary place to be. Also, lots of disgruntled employees. – less
Mortgage Operations Mananger
VP, Mortgage Operations Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: accessible to public transportion, reimbyrsement travel expenses, bonus every year
As a mortgage operations manager, my position involves multiple job functions. A typical day would include, funding loans as a priority in the morning (reviewing signed loan documents, preparing wires, and post funding functions), preparing loan documents, reviewing loan conditions for approved loans, underwrite new loan files and presenting underwritten – more... loans to Loan Committee for approval and prepares files (funded and file in process) for Compliance Audit.

A Compliance Assurance Specialist and a Lending Officer are under my supervision. And I report directly to the Director of Residential Lending Dept.

Our Department works constantly with Credit Administration Group (ordering Flood Cert, assignment of loan numbers), Appraisal Department, Wire Department and Loan Servicing.

Daily challenges of the job, to name a few are: customer satisfaction, approval from members of Loan Committee, timely responses to audit. However, because of having 25 years experience in mortgage lending this challenges mentioned above are easily manageable.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being involved in every stages of the loan process. – less
Great Co-workers, prospering Bank
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Encino, CAAugust 25, 2013
I became an employee of Grandpoint through a merger (formerly worked for First Commerce Bank). Grandpoint Bank is a strong, fast growing Bank.
A Great Place to Work
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2012
An AWESOME place to work! I have learned a lot while working there. Management is very considerate of everyone, and very eager to lend a helping hand. My co-workers are nice and pleasant to be around. The atmosphere really eases day to day stress.
Very Productive Bank with very nice employees
Commercial Loan Specialist / Analyst (Former Employee), Encino, CAMay 24, 2012
Pros: free bank lunches
Cons: benefits are ok, hiring process to slow
My typical day at Grandpoint was to analyze Commercial Loan packages to make sure they met all the banks underwriting guidelines and to prepare the files for State and Federal audits.

What I learned at Grandpoint Bank was that this bank was not used to the idea of having internal audits on their loans so therefore it made it challenging at times to – more... have the files up to date with what may have been missing from the file.

The Management was very Professional and carried a very good work ethic.

My Co-workers were very genuine and nice to work with. They kept a very professional work ethic.

The hardest part of the job was getting to know everyone in the beginning. Meeting several people on a daily basis was challenging because you had to learn their work style and how to approach them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working aat Grandpoint Bank surrounded by very friendly people. – less