Grandpoint Bank Employee Reviews

My Grandpoint Bank Experience
It Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
Grandpoint Bank has molded me to be a very good liaison to employees. It has also given me room to grow and expose to dealing with vendors, as their IT is outsourced to a large Technology company called FIS Global, based in Arizona.
Great enviroment to work in
Client Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2016
I enjoy working with this company.
It has good values and is a good company to move up in your financial career.
Great enviroment to work in.
Very enjoyable place to work
Client Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2016
Coming to work you will learn something new daily. Grandpoint will keep you on your toes. My manager will guide you with whatever you're willing to learn she is a open book.
Pros
learning something new daily
Cons
Commute
Good company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2016
As a company is a stable and reputable bank. As an employer not too thrilled about the way they compensate employees. Could be a great place to work if you want your salary to barely keep pace with inflation. There is no room to grow. The growth of an employee is based on how you can word yourself up not work yourself up.
Tv
Server (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Process weekly reports, monitor delinquency reports, separate and distribute the mail by service units and miscellaneous job duties.
Call Backs, Customer service/ borrow calls, Research items and special projects.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee weekly
Cons
take walks on break good place to work for
Nice place to work, easy environment
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2015
Learned to write even better EDD reports, enjoyed the BSA staff I worked with even though I was there only 5 months because they made me feel like a regular employee
Professional yet friendly environment place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy, helping customers by email, phone calls and at the branch, providing excellent customer service.
I learned to demonstrate knowledge and perform all job specific duties efficiently and accurately. I have gained so much knowledge and confidence. I have made valuable contributions to the team objectives and the management of the branch. There were no difficult tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job was to keep my customers satisfied and see smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive fun work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2015
Overall great learning environment. Learned about all the various facets of providing individuals a loan. Many things to consider when providing a individual a loan.
Good Bank
AVP (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAMay 20, 2014
Really busy place to work. Lots of merger and acquisitions going on.
Don't bother.
SVP Manager (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAOctober 9, 2013
This place is bad, really bad. I'm actively looking for another job because this is one of worst places I've worked at. HR doesn't know how to handle employee situations and they are up in everyone's business. Too much micro management. The rumor is they are getting ready to sell the bank so there's been layoffs, including layoffs of executive management. Scary place to be. Also, lots of disgruntled employees.
Mortgage Operations Mananger
VP, Mortgage Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2013
As a mortgage operations manager, my position involves multiple job functions. A typical day would include, funding loans as a priority in the morning (reviewing signed loan documents, preparing wires, and post funding functions), preparing loan documents, reviewing loan conditions for approved loans, underwrite new loan files and presenting underwritten loans to Loan Committee for approval and prepares files (funded and file in process) for Compliance Audit.

A Compliance Assurance Specialist and a Lending Officer are under my supervision. And I report directly to the Director of Residential Lending Dept.

Our Department works constantly with Credit Administration Group (ordering Flood Cert, assignment of loan numbers), Appraisal Department, Wire Department and Loan Servicing.

Daily challenges of the job, to name a few are: customer satisfaction, approval from members of Loan Committee, timely responses to audit. However, because of having 25 years experience in mortgage lending this challenges mentioned above are easily manageable.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being involved in every stages of the loan process.
Pros
accessible to public transportion, reimbyrsement travel expenses, bonus every year
Great Co-workers, prospering Bank
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAAugust 25, 2013
I became an employee of Grandpoint through a merger (formerly worked for First Commerce Bank). Grandpoint Bank is a strong, fast growing Bank.
A Great Place to Work
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2012
An AWESOME place to work! I have learned a lot while working there. Management is very considerate of everyone, and very eager to lend a helping hand. My co-workers are nice and pleasant to be around. The atmosphere really eases day to day stress.
Very Productive Bank with very nice employees
Commercial Loan Specialist / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAMay 24, 2012
My typical day at Grandpoint was to analyze Commercial Loan packages to make sure they met all the banks underwriting guidelines and to prepare the files for State and Federal audits.

What I learned at Grandpoint Bank was that this bank was not used to the idea of having internal audits on their loans so therefore it made it challenging at times to have the files up to date with what may have been missing from the file.

The Management was very Professional and carried a very good work ethic.

My Co-workers were very genuine and nice to work with. They kept a very professional work ethic.

The hardest part of the job was getting to know everyone in the beginning. Meeting several people on a daily basis was challenging because you had to learn their work style and how to approach them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working aat Grandpoint Bank surrounded by very friendly people.
Pros
free bank lunches
Cons
benefits are ok, hiring process to slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grandpoint Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Grandpoint Bank Reviews by Location