Grandview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2018
The people that work at Grandview are great for the most part. It is very clean and managers tend to work with you on a schedule that benefits them and you.
Highly Prejudiced and Extremely Low Pay
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Grandview Medical Center until I began expericing workplace harrassment in the form of prejudice. On multiple occasions I was harrassed to work although I wasnt required to work certain shifts. While being unable to compromise working such shifts I began being threatned wjth termination as well as write ups. After bringing the problem up to management, I was reprimanded. To put things in context, I work extremely hard going above and beyond to ensure quality service because I have a passion for healthcare. I have saved lives on many occasions from a patient coding while I was presemt to preventing a patient's family member from choking while eating in the food court. However, I was never acknowledged for these acts of selflessness. I wasn't looking for kudos, however I still faced harrassment from management. I wouldnt recommend working at this medical center especially within the laboratory.
Pros
Coworkers provide family oriented enviornment
Cons
Low Pay, Absolutely No Advancement in Career Opportunity, Unprofessional Management
A great place to work for those interested in healthcare.
Supervisor, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 14, 2018
This is not the medical center that I currently work for. I currently work at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio. I am unable to update this through Indeed.
N/a
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2018
N/a it’s mostly bad pay if the pay was better it would be ok but the pay is terrible mangers and supervisors are rude and unprofessional it’s easy work just terrible pay
Pros
Easy
Cons
Low pay
No compassion for patients
Inpatient Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2018
Poor management who has a lack of knowledge for what the Phlebotimist do. They are more concerned with profit than patients. No structure and high turnover rate. Favoritism is high. Upper Management is horrible!
Pros
New building
Cons
Lowest paid facility in Birmingham for phlebotomy, high turnover
Not as it seems
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 29, 2017
Staffed poorly with no concerns of patient safety in mind.
understaffed and under paid for the responsibility. Hospital wide issue. Great physicians.
I'd rather not.
Administers physician and PA/NP (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 19, 2017
Everyone there is unhappy. That big beautiful building is so full of disappointment. It was stressful and I was over worked and underpaid.
I never want to work there again.
Pros
Cons
Rushed lunch and sometimes no lunch.
low pay
Front Desk/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 10, 2017
Not the best place to work, most employees are rube and the pay is awful. You can usually pick up shifts but other hospitals pay more. Supervisors is also childish.
Unrealistic expectations, unsafe for all, making money comes before anyone or anything, high turnover
RN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 9, 2017
Not a healthy environment. Very toxic. Micromanaged, employees not treated equally. Unsafe staff to patient ratios. Lack of teamwork. Blame game. Just look at some reviews from the community.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Go at your own risk, very high turnover
Just Being Honest
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2017
If you don't have a system of your own to get your work done, then you will forever be stressed. Majority of nurses are lazy, they think they above the PCA's and don't have to help. The hospital is understaffed, high turnover rate, and shows favoritism to certain nurses and PCA's. Your best bet is to read the google reviews
Grandview was a nice place to work!!!
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at grandview medical center!!! Its a great place to work, staff are very easy to get along with, wish I still had my job there!! It was easy access form 459.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Never really got breaks
learned a lot working there but it was stressful
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 17, 2017
• Evaluate patient vital signs and perform bladder scans.
• Apply ECG leads for cardiac monitoring
• Responsible for assisting residents with ADLs; monitors residents and reports any abnormal behaviors to nurse; follow nursing guidelines as issued by the state regulations.
• Responsible for 2 hour checks on residents and responding to pages from residents’ personal emergency buttons.
Average
Staff Nurse/Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 15, 2017
Appreciate the training for new hires.
Facility is still in growth process and experiencing some management problems. I believe this problem doesn't exist in all departments. I unfortunately was hired on one of the few that has not worked out all the kinks in the growth experience.
was a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNOctober 4, 2017
Grandview was a good place to work wen i was there.. Lab was good. ......Hospital was good.. I dont know much about it now........Grandview is not a hospital now
Has good benefits and friendly.
Environmental Services / Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2017
I would say its a average place to work. you get decent hours but they rarely give you time off for personal time or health related problems without getting points for it.
Pros
You learn alot about how to deal with different scenarios, It has good health benefits and the people are friendly.
Cons
Overload you with with, managment talks about you behind your back.
severe lack of leadership
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2017
I have never worked at a place where I have felt as disrespected as I have at this hospital. My unit is dangerously understaffed more times than not. No support from our unit "leaders". They, themselves, have very little experience as a nurse much less in management. It's a place of retribution any time you say no to working extra shifts or can't stay late. This department takes no consideration that nurses have a personal life. On top of it all, our unit accepts overflow patients that put our well moms and babies at risk. I do not feel like I can give good care at this hospital which is why I went into nursing in the first place. The pay is also terrible.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Leasership
N/a
Respiratory Therapist / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45424September 18, 2017
At Grandview, I was the night shift supervisor. I was responsible for overseeing the other therapist within the hospital. I make out work assignments; work in the ICU and ER as well as employee evaluations and training.
Fun place to come to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNSeptember 16, 2017
It was a small kitchen so not a lot of people to deal with. There were 39-40 residents there plus we severed 3 other facilities that would total 70-80 people. I really enjoyed the atmosphere.
Pros
Fun peopke to work with
Cons
No full time positions available, its not there anymore
Great people
ExperienceStaff Nurse, CICU (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 25, 2017
Stressful due to critical condition of patients. Never able to take a break which comes with the nursing field. The people that work their are wonderful and would work with them again. I would let them care for my kids they are that wonderful.
Pros
Great people, team players
Cons
Forget about breaks
enjoyable and stressful
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 24, 2017
My unit can be both stressful and enjoyable at the same time. I enjoy taking care of the patients and building a relationship with them during their stay with us. However our turnover time can be very stressful. Also, there is a clash among cultures and job titles. Daily a lack of respect for ones cowkers is exhibited upon the unit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grandview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Grandview Medical Center Reviews by Location