Granite City Electric Supply Company Employee Reviews

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MAMay 21, 2016
This is a good company to work for. A lot of good people. Customers are great and it's a good place to be. Best part of my job is the customers.
Pros
Getting the job done as a team
Cons
Need more training programs
Solid Glass Ceiling
Warehouse - Pipe Dept Lead (Former Employee) –  East Taunton, MAJanuary 13, 2016
Management is abrasive and micro manages every movement you make. They have no problem chewing you out in front of coworkers about issues before looking into things and then refuse to accept they are wrong when you, yourself, bring the correct information to them, disproving the very thing they yelled at you for. Director of Operations was overheard once, telling someone that he "would turn the building into a meat grinder..." meaning that he would prefer short-term employment over career employees. It is a terrible place to work. They overwork you and HIGHLY under pay you. You will have no life outside of the job, because they'll coerce you into working all hours of your life, through threat of your job. I left for a better company and would NEVER go back.
Pros
A few good people
Cons
Good people are all stuck at bottom level
Working for a larger company provides the resources needed to increase sales with current and prospective customers.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Groton, Ct.June 8, 2015
Start early calling on customers gathering sales opportunities and providing customer service.

I learn what customers need from our company in order to grow their business.

Management aggressively pursues new business.

Co-workers are friendly and co-operative.

Finding new opportunities for business.

Meeting and interacting with customers.
Pros
Good health plan and contributions to health savins account, matching 401K plan.
Cons
The nature of sales is uncertain
Good company. Good place to work if you are a hardworking individual driven by success.
Manchester 65 - Lead Sound Technician (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RISeptember 9, 2014
As Receiving Lead at Granite City Electric the workplace is fast paced and always in motion. At the start of my day, I read important emails coordinating the days shipments both inbound/outbound, as well as trackers sent throughout each of our 52 branches stretching as far as Springfield, MA. We run all daily functions on an RF operated system called Eclipse. These emails are often times pertaining to discrepancies in billing. One of my most important roles is coordinating with the purchasing department to make sure that all bills and product received are correct. I also oversee 2 full time employees, 2 part time employees, and 4 CO-OP high school students. I am certified to operate a forklift, fast jack, high-reach, and order picker. I oversee the inbound stock that is shipped to us daily and manage an in-process queue. We receive about 5,000 lines of merchandise a week and receive in 20-40 skids of product daily, 5 days a week.
Pros
Overtime is always available
Cons
Pay
Amazing company!!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 15, 2013
A company that really cares for both customers and employees!!! A great community mined company, helping out with donations of materials and/or services!!!
great job
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 6, 2013
i loved this job. it sucked that i had to move out of state and leave it.i miss this job so much.

i was a 2nd shift supervisor
my co workers were friendly and hard working
hardest part of the job was not knowing when you were getting out. some nights you got out at 8 and some night 2am
Pros
great company with benefits. friendly co workers. many hours if your fulltime
Cons
hours. you never knew when you were getting out but also a pro
loved working in the warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 18, 2012
Great place to work at its something that i think i would like to start a full time career in warehouse work.

Want to know more about Granite City Electric Supply Company?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Granite City Electric Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Granite City Electric Supply Company Reviews by Location