Granite Construction Inc

Granite Construction Inc Employer Reviews

Close to home , good pay & benefits
Inventory/Supply Assistant (Former Employee), French Camp, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
I was always the first one on the job. My job was to open the gate first thing in the morning , before the first crews showed up.Got along well with management & co-workers. Hardest part of the job keeping all the crews supplied with the tools & equipment they needed . Some times I would have to leave the shop & take materials out to the different job sites. Getting to work around construction & constantly learning.
This company is starting to develop many problems.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Indio Ca.November 19, 2014
Pros: you can learn a lot.
Cons: management has seemed to lost its way.
Granite was a great company to work for when I started out. Good people,management, benefits and room for advancement. For the last 3 years it has been very very different. Good people were replaced with corporate goons.....many did not know the job they were doing. Benefits have went down hill. There is no job security let alone advancement. Management seems to do the exact opposite of what they should do. Many jobs lose a lot of money due to lack of detail. Job culture is ok because there is still some good people there. I have hope they may change back to a good company to work for. Let just say for now there has been many good people that worked for granite.
Very hands on construction company full of room for self advancement
Co-Op student (Former Employee), Watsonville, CANovember 15, 2014
Company held to a very tight schedule in a very complicated environment. Performed great construction and management practices.
learned bigger equipment
operator (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: contract ended after 1 year
running a haul truck for granite as apart of a contract for rio tinto in there trucks co workers were great management was good at saftey and keeping us informed on whats going on
Productive work environment
Engineer I (Current Employee), Tarrytown, NYJuly 8, 2014
Management interact with staff. This branch of Granite doesn't do community programs together.
Wonderful working with staff from the bottom up! Learned more about construction, equipment and teamwork.
Field Secretary & Main Office Assistant (Former Employee), Glamis, CaliforniaJune 21, 2014
Pros: drive was through the most beautiful dunes every day.
Cons: drive was 55 miles one-way every day.
Loved working at the Mesquite Regional Landfill in Glamis, CA. The daily drive through the massive sand dunes at day break was spectacular!

Field Office staff were talented, energetic and intelligent. The construction crew were top notch and professional.

Main Office was very nice and enjoyed working there after the project was completed.
nice equitment, plenty of work
Laborer (Former Employee), N Salt Lake, UTJune 17, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: away from family
plenty of work, good management, health benefits, good equitment, good people to work around...
Good co-workers
Material Sales Representative (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 12, 2014
Pros: company truck and lots of freedom
Cons: no training. boss was alway to busy to help his people
I was at granite for over a year and was never trained on the products that I was suppose to sell. My manager was always to busy to train me and never had any training setup. What I learned was from my co-workers.
FBI club!
Water truck Driver/ Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: work environment
Just like the title says, FBI, or Friends, Brothers, and Inlaws. If you don't fit into any of these categories, you won't have a good time working here.
A great place to learn about the business from a proven leader in the Construction industry
Estimator/Project Manager (Former Employee), Indio, CAMay 6, 2014
Great work and life balance environment. Very diverse company with great growth opportunities.
Grade setter / Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: good pay, good co-workers good company
Cons: not enough work, lay offs
Get to job site and set up for production, I started as a labor and ended as a grade setter / operator. The foreman was great and the work crew were fun to work with. Working in the sun was probably the hardest part. Learning something new ever day.
A lot of hard work in the sun. Very productive.
Laborer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 28, 2014
Long days, very productive, hard work, moving at all times. Moving forward constantly.
Solid Company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee), Santa ClaraApril 15, 2014
Good work life balance. Industry leader in heavy civil construction. enjoy working with the coworkers that I have.
granite
Yard Hand (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 25, 2014
while working there i was promised certifications on different things but was never certified.
Productive and Beneficial in Safety / Falsework / Construction Systems
Estimator / Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Watsonville, CAMarch 25, 2014
Fun with the workforce and estimating activities and coordination with various tasks
Good experience.
PLANT MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: seasonal
Team very knowledgeable, union job. Most employees older with a lot of experience.
Enjoyable workrelations.
Surveyor/Grade Checker (Former Employee), Chalmette, LAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free housing & meals.
Cons: no long term contracts.
Good company to work for on a long term basis. I'd hoped to be able to stay but I was only working on a short term contract.
Enjoyable and challenging job with much variety
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: wide variety of responsibilities; not always in the office.
Cons: once i had everything up and running smoothly, it could get a little boring.
This job was the one I enjoyed the most. I made a mistake by going against my better judgment and accepting a promotion to network manager for the entire company. In the Utah branch network administrator position, I had a wide range of job responsibilities, with multiple locations to support, and I enjoyed great respect from the management.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), French Camp, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: people are fun and they are very nice
I have not been there long enough to judge whether it is a great company to be at or not.
Only a temporary position, but very insightful.
Legal Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: felt like part of the family
Cons: having to leave so soon
I clocked in, went to my office, and got myself situated for the day. I would take worker's compensation case files, and break them down. All information had to be entered into a new data system on the computer. Once the information was entered, the files were moved back to the storage room. I learned how to break down legal files, and how nice construction companies could be. My manager was amazing. She was very considerate and always willing to answer any questions that I had. I did not have very many co-workers in the office because they all worked out on sites. The ones I did see were always very nice. The hardest part of my job was leaving, although it was only a temporary position. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. The people were great, the atmosphere was wonderful. It was all in all a great job.

1 2 3

About Granite Construction Inc

Granite Construction Inc. (Granite) is a heavy civil contractor and a construction materials producer. The Company is engaged – Read more