Granite Telecommunications

Granite Telecommunications Employer Reviews

fast paced, computer all day
Data Repair Analyst (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 27, 2015
competitive environment, not very upfront with expectations.

need to learn their language if not u lost. people are friendly but there

are some that don't pull their weigh and criticize.
BEWARE
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), qMarch 22, 2015
This place sucks. They don't pay you at all. They work people to core and pay them nothing. It is not the best environment for people to work.
Good for experience but that's it
Provisioning (Current Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: co workers are great
Cons: lack of opportunities for advancement
This is a nice company to get your foot through the door so to speak. Unless working in sales, long term prospects are dim. There isn't a model for compensation, at least in provisioning, that is based on performance so year after year can go by without any increase in pay - salary DOES NOT keep up with inflation. Pay is below industry average in the first place leading to low morale even among management. It is a very secure job though and pretty much left to your own devices which is nice. Use this place as a stepping stone for better opportunities elsewhere. Very high turnover rate.
Run like your in high school
MAC Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good breaks, free parking by the t, nice people
Cons: stringent on vacation and sick time, pay is low
Granite is a good place for you if your looking for absolute structure. Very strict with clocking in and out 8-5 monday through friday. Good about breaks though as my manager was pretty relaxed.
The work can get very boring as you are dealing with phone line problems all day.
A lot opf mind numbing computer work, for very below average pay.
Where your dreams go to die
Premier Account Analyst (Current Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free water
Cons: everything
You like doing humiliating work in a tie? Do you enjoy being spoken down to by cube jockeys without GEDs? This place is a sweatshop run by old boys who view the human race as expendable. This company and its management are evil.
Horrible culture
Premier Accounts Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 7, 2014
All the employees in the premier department are extremely unhappy. Management does not treat employees with respect, they are not valued parts of the organization, they are numbers that can be replaced.
Productive and fun job culture
Provisional Analysis (Former Employee), Quincy, MAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free breakfast/lunches, job sports teams, great incentives & bonuses
-Worked telecommunication orders within the AT&T (Bell South) territory
-Utilized Bell South Business Rules to assist with orders
-Mastered all Remote Call Forwarding and manual Trunk line order types
-Maintained 97% accuracy
-Sustained good working relationships with premier representatives regarding the providing and obtaining of updates
and statuses for working orders
-Worked well with other departments to ensure desired results for work orders; e.g. making sure tickets were updated by premier representatives per request of the review team, if instructions were questionable

Employees are more like friends! Definitely can have it's ups & downs.

Rob & Rand are awesome!
Direct Sales.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Quincy, MASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working for a growing company
Cons: direct sales. "cold calling" all day.
Granite Telecommunications is an extremely successful company. They have gone through tremendous growth as a company since its existence 12 years ago.

That being said, I prefer a position with more of a customer service role. My job consists of all cold calling and prospecting which is not for me. There are some great folks who work at Granite and they are committed to training and developing the sales force. I certainly don't regret taking the job as I've picked up valuable skills which I believe helps me going forward.

To be frank, the most challenging part of my job is getting up on a daily basis to pound the phone for 10 hours. I have more to offer than make 150 dials a day. As for the most rewarding part of the job, I'd say is talking to C level executives and gaining their respect through hard work.

Great work ethic and focus are traits that I have. I'm certain that I can bring great value to my next professional challenge.
Competitive Call Center
Data Repair Analyst (Current Employee), North Quincy, MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: gym, cafeteria, close to public transport
Cons: customer service, potentially inflexible work hours, can be higher paid
We take calls, and take as much time as we need to work the tickets until we're waiting on an action from the carrier or the client. Career development-wise, there's a push for the technical certifications, especially Network+ and CCNA, but Granite will only pay for your test if you pass the first time. Coworkers range from recent college grads to professionals in their early thirties. Management involves weekly reviews from your supervisor, weekly departmental meetings, and interdepartmental interactions. The hardest part of the job is when clients need to escalate an issue many times, but the carrier cannot test or dispatch further. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, is the problem solving process.
Structured and Goal-oriented
Repair Analyst (Former Employee), Quincy, MAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great cafe, intramural sports, sense of community
The people at Granite work in a very niche market of telecom lingo and problemsolving areas but are willing to help out new workers. Productivity is an important part of the job but more so is accuracy when resolving phone line issues for Fortune 500 companies by dispatching Verizon or ATT technicians.
Never again
Mac/Provisioning Representative level 2 (Former Employee), North Quincy, MAAugust 4, 2014
I will never again work for a company like this. The management was sub par they treated their workers unprofessionally and they only cared about the bottom line rather than the people who work for them.
Team oriented company
Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJuly 29, 2014
I enjoyed working for Granite Telecommunications and being part of the Accounts Receivable/ Credit Department. On a typical day I would process all payment and post them to the correct accounts. If a client was one that the Credit Department was consulting with I would let management aware of payments issued.
Care about the community
Provisioning Representative Level 2 (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJune 20, 2014
They give to alot charities and the community and they have events for the children whose parents work for the company like Christmas parties and Granite Day
Growing Company
Quality Assurance Pricing/Tariff Analyst (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMay 20, 2014
Pros: paid day offs if a quota was met by the employees
Cons: flexible work hours
Worked in a busy department. Involved in many projects. Incorporated numerous process improvements. Was a go-to person for help. Started in the department with 3 co-workers, Now is there over 20 co-workers.
Good for recent Grads
Temporary Customer Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMay 14, 2014
Pros: philanthropy, and good for undergrads
Cons: strict environment, poor benefits.
Good job if you just graduated, good co-workers, but strict environment, next to no autonomy, including how you spend your day. Good rates if you have no experience, but doesn't change for people with experience in many facets.
Granite Telecommunications
Project Manager / Sunoco (Former Employee), Quincy, MAApril 4, 2014
I loved working for Granite. The people were great, the pay was great and management was great.

I got to travel all over the country representing them and Sunoco while upgrading them to PCI compliance and would love to have continued working there, but at the time the commute of 3-4 hours a day round trip was too much for me.
Productive workplace with a heathy attitude toward your future
Premier Account Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 31, 2014
Granite is a place that helps drive your abilities to grow; both professionally and mentally. A place that has a good atmosphere and great co-workers that help each other out to get your job done. Management has helped me develop project managing skills to help take care of the customer's business needs and maintain top customer service. The hardest part of the job is accurately solving the customer's problems with the best solution; and ensuring that the customer is always up and running. The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of the customer who appreciates the work done to keep their business running smoothly.
Productive work environment
Premier Account Analyst (Current Employee), Quincy maMarch 23, 2014
Productive work environment, and great atmosphere. Great employees and management.
Poor Morale
Finance (Current Employee), boston maFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: monday- friday, 8am -5pm, work life balance
Cons: poor morale, everyone starts as a temp and is paid poorly which brings the overall morale way down, if your not drinking the kool aide then you're not going to like it
If this company paid their employees industry average and improved the benefits it might be a decent place to work
- upper management thinks this place is the military, everyone must take the same lunch and leave at the same time, when 5pm hits all chaos breaks loose in the parking lot
You work very hard for every hour your on the job. Fast paced environment with high turnover rate.
Repair Analyst- Team Lead (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: walmart gift card if productivity is better amongst co-workers.
Cons: dfficult to sustain expected work level over a long period of time
One of the fastest growing companies, but high turnover rate on some departments. Places high emphasis on its customers and quality of service. Employees are expendable to management. Sales department seem to do the best economically.

1 2 3

About Granite Telecommunications

Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled – Read more

Granite Telecommunications Salaries