Granite Employee Reviews in United States

New experiences, new people and great
Certified Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 1, 2016
Traveling the country, meeting new people.
Learning new experiences, the pay is great, very educational, technical studies provided, excellent benefits and exploring new places. Its like a paid vacation.
Pros
Always working
Cons
Always working
Counter sales and warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHJanuary 16, 2016
Started work at 7am worked till 4:30 pm put stock away from the distribution center. pulled order for either delivery or pickup. Also helped with Transfers to other branches and helped at the counter performing sales and pulling order to be picked up by the customer.

There were a lot of great people that worked there and were very helpful. I really didn't find anything to hard about the job just like the challenge of getting the orders done in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers always had a good time with them laughing and joking around.
Pros
The benefits and discounts were great
Cons
Lack of training
The company shows consideration to its employees and listens to their concerns and takes them seriously. They challenge their employees and really try
Sr. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2015
Its great co to work & they try hard to meet their employees need.
They have two division Transportation and Construction management.
Enjoy working with them.Life cycle balance.
Provide full health benefit
Pros
Great co to work
Not the best
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
Quincy is a good place to work if you are straight out of college and/or need experience. Other than that, run. I'm not joking. I'm not that bitter. It's just a waste of time. The hours are stupidly strict. You're treated like a child and you will never be able to beat the game. The game always wins.
Pros
no pros
Very reliable company
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, OROctober 17, 2015
Its a great company over all,i would just like to stop traveling not alot stationary position availabe, advancement and management opportunities are avalable
Pros
GREAT PAY
Cons
TO MUCH TRAVEL
Wonderful Company
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 3, 2015
This is the definition of a class organization. There management is great, and the job expectations are clearly outlined
Pros
Great compensation and support
Good People
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2015
Granite has a unique product set, but what is most unique about working there is the close knit family type of atmosphere between the sales staff.
Review of Company
Global Credit Card Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
The company is good, love my current job and Manager, however have not been able to work to my potential. Integrity and honesty is not valued as it is said to be, employees are expected to work 50-60 hours a week, not take vacations, etc. Company lacks communication and has a reactive instead of proactive approach.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
integrity, lack of ability to take vacation, expectation of overtime
labor
Laborer helper (Former Employee) –  naples flJanuary 17, 2015
i start at 6 o clock, moving baluster, working in the floor, kitchen, bathroom

i just work for 4 months and i learn alot of things how to mix
how to cut
moving huge pieces

the hardest part of the job moving the huge pieces sometime

every piece was like 150 lbs
Good job but hours are disheartening
Wind Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work starts at noon Sunday afternoons,
my drive in an hour to work every day,
I come in to relieve the night shift.

My day can either be slow or fast depending on how the weather is overall in the country and south america. If the weather is bad then I spend a lot of time communicating lighting warnings to sites. If winds are high, too high, in fact, then i spent a lot of time dealing with pitch system problems and rotor and generator overspeed issues at towers.

When winds are low, towers typically don't move, so my job doesn't get too exciting.

But being here 12 hours a day until midnight can really feel long,
My co-workers and management are the best, thus, make the time as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
only work 3 and a half days a week
Cons
long hours and no social life during time frame
Not what you can expect
Premier Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 7, 2014
Apart from the company having a gym, the work that is expected and compensation in return does not equal to what employees should be gettting paid. Unless you are part of the sales force dont expect to last much.
Pros
gym and classes
Cons
did not have benefits in place, no growth opportunity, horrible compensation, no processes or training on how to work systems
Fun workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 18, 2014
Great workplace, learned to use my interpreting and computer skills. Flexible hours and off on the weekends.
Worked under a yearly contract
Performance & Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
As a contractor for General Electric Energy Division, I would assist other contractors in the Monitoring & Diagnostic duties for up to 180 Gas & Steam Turbine Engines. Duties include looking for anomaly’s, which would include Combustion Shifts, Vibration changes, Failed Sensors, etc. that violate GE’s Process Map criteria and could possibly lead to a costlier shutdown of the turbine if left undetected. If anomaly is found, we would call the site and speak to the Control Room Operator and if possible the CPM-Contract Performance Manager if the site is under warranty from GE. If the issue requires immediate action, a case is created noting time of the event and the overall characteristics of the turbine and what action needs to be taken to correct the problem. Once resolution is issued and corrected, the case is then closed and turbine then can be brought back online. Other duties included performing GE associate duties as Alert Watch and Dynamics Monitoring if needed. Also, trained new contractors and handled shift-lead duties, such as gathering contractors working hours and off-days for all 3 shifts, to insure the Monitoring & Diagnostic had proper coverage over the holidays. Computer software used – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
Pros
set own schedule, worked with nice people
Cons
average healthcare, only 5 days off a year, includes vacation
Wonderful work culture
Senior Premier Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 27, 2014
My work day involves staying in contact with my dedicated client base via phone and e-mail to make sure there accounts are up to date and their needs are being met. This includes new product offerings and additional services. I also help support the rest of the staff on my team and train new employees.

I have learned valuable negotiation skills and improved my customer support ans sales abilities.

The management at Granite is dedicated to providing the best experience for our customers as well as the health and wellness of their employees.

My co-workers, for the most part are enthusiastic about the work they do.

The hardest part of my job is keeping my clients up to date even outside of standard work hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of seeing a project completed with a happy client.
Pros
free on-premise gym
Cons
the occasional need to take working breaks
Provided outsourced technical services for fortune 500 companies.
Service Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 13, 2013
Account manager: partner with executive client leadership to address needs and forecast growth. Defined scope, and deliverables to build functional team to provide on-time services w/in agreed lump sum negotiated price.

Managing several complex scopes of work, while managing 85-100 employees to meet the clients expectations on all projects. Delivering global resources to fulfill project scope from engineering, to techincal, and logistics services.

Management was involved, but supportive.

Co-workers were dynamic team of professionals working together to leverage from each others strengths, and oportunities based on location.

Managing remote employees with the absence of site leads. Driving labor laws and compliance while building customer confidence and support.

Travel, working with clients, and employees to meet business deliverables and expectations. Building a solid workforce to manage an outsourced long-term agreement w/in budget and providing opportunity and leadership development to my teams.
Pros
diversity of projects, employees, and clients. travel to project sites and gain insight to all aspects of client business.
Cons
reduction in work force during downward economic times, knowing your employees will be affected.
A great company to work for
Nuclear Tooling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 2, 2013
Probably the best company I have ever had the pleasure to be emloyed by. Would work for them anytime
Pros
just a great company
Shipping department
Logistice shipping department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Creating paperwork for all shipments going out daily for export/domestic shipments. Providing all necessary documents to clear customs in another country
Pros
wonderful people to work with - they do what they can do to keep you happy
Cons
when 1 yr contract was over the position was offered as a much lessor pay scale
Cool place to work for an entry level position
Provisioning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 19, 2013
Cool place to work for an entry level position but not much room for advancement in the company
Pros
convenient location and parking
Cons
micromanagement and not much room for advancement in the company
Poor career situation.
Electrical Commissioning Asst. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2013
No consistent work schedule, no say in where or when you work.
no room to grow at Granite
Senior Repair Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 14, 2013
they are only hiring people now with Bachelors degrees and I do not have one so I would not get promoted or move up in any way.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
dental

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Granite. Our community is ready to answer.