GRANITEROCK Employee Reviews

Great job satisfation
Mixer Truck Driver (Former Employee), San Jose, Ca.July 3, 2015
Pros: long days
Cons: N/A
Meeting everyday goals. Working a member of a team and every one contributed to teams high job out put. We worked on big highway jobs and small homeowner driveways.
Best Benefits
Counter Sales (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: major layoffs when things get bad. no one is safe.
Great place to work. Best Benefits of anywhere I have worked. They allow you to grow by offering/allowing extensive schooling within and outside the company.
A good company with great people.
Mixer Driver (Current Employee), Seaside, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: independent days, co-workers
Cons: scheduling, income, benefits
My day is somewhat isolated as I drive to various locations to deliver cement. Safety in all aspect of the job is first and foremost, not only because it is priority one for the company, but also because operating a cement truck, due to unpredictability of each location, carries with it a high fatality rate.

While I do like the company and enjoy every person I have met in the company, the draw back to this job is scheduling, income, and benefits.
A personable company that offers decent compensation
Purchaser (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 29, 2012
For the purchaser position:

Managed inventory levels, procured inventory from venders, facilitated sales transactions with customers and monitored certain sales transactions of co-workers, helped develop and introduce new products, helped train and educate new employees, sat in on interviews and gave opinions when looking for new hires, answered phones, worked the register, operated the forklift and helped keep the location clean.

Management is personable but at times dysfunctional.

Work environment depends on branch (some are better than others).