Grant Associates Employee Reviews

Quick-paced environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2017
Grant associates has good culture along with great staff willing to work closely with you to help you in your role. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.
Horrible company to work or if you're interested in growth.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
Grant Associates is a company focused on profiting verses taking care of employees. If you speak Spanish or Hebrew you will be fine. If not DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Pros
Your pay cycle is on wendsday
Cons
unexperienced directors and management
Great atmosphere and rewarding work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 25, 2017
I wore many different hats at Grant because I was eager to learn more than just my role. I enjoyed working with my boss and co workers as every one had a positive attitude. the work is very easy, common sense and at times could be very fast paced.
Pros
rewarding work and great atmosphere
Cons
break is only 30 mins
Run For Dear Life
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 17, 2017
If you do well with functioning in ambiguity, nepotism and poor management well hop on-board. While your day to day may seem like pretty much the average office environment, there-in lie the challenges of working in a bureaucratic regulations. The immaturity of mid-management often lends to poor moral on the work-floor as they aren't experienced or equipped to handle certain issues.
Pros
Cons
unclear goals, poor commission structure/pay out
Work here because you believe in the mission to place a workforce
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Grant Associates is a company that operates under their funders' expectations. It changes direction as instructed and may not always be transparent. Grant is a good company to work for and is making strides in the care of their employees. The mission is really awesome and a great place for someone to start their career.
Pros
Can make a difference serving the NY population
Cons
Constant change in direction and policies because it is a contracted organization
To work in a chellenging position that would assist your company in achieving growth and profits through maximum use of previous experience.
Client Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Knowledge and experience in clerical.
Customer service oriented.
Answer phones, take messages, provide information and direct calls properly.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
rise every six months
Bad Place to work
Retention Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Job Work/Life balance was very poor. Assist young adults with employment but has very little empathy for the youth. Completed a formal grievance about how I was treated and laid off 3 days later.
Nice Group of People
Youth Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKMarch 16, 2016
Nice group of people to work with and their are opportunities for advancement. At this time they are grant funded. However they work to help people get jobs and short term training. There services are at no cost to the public.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
grant funded
Helping low skilled workers find jobs
Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 7, 2016
Using wide range recruiting tactics to try and find jobs for low skilled workers for companies such as Lowe's, H&M and other retail companies along with chain restaurants.
Great Learning Groud
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 23, 2015
Great talent has went through this place. It is a breeding ground for great talent for the next company. Get in and get out.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
bad pay

Want to know more about Grant Associates?

Ask a question
Busy Family Environment
Business Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2015
Grant Associates was a busy environment with a high expectation for efficiency and productivity.

The hiring model is unique and effective; about 90% of my coworkers were high performers, personable, and just nice. In fact, they hire with a high priority on nice.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to an ever-changing environment, but made much easier by the delightful staff.

It seemed the company is extremely tight with salaries and spending on employees. I didn't like the noon meetings with no food provided. And the all-staff meeting provisions were minimal
Pros
Nice Coworkers with Excellent Work Ethic
Cons
Extremely Tight Salaries
Great place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 1, 2015
Grant Associates is a very comfortable place to work at. The entire staff has the same goal in mind which is to find employment for our clients. The managers aren't just managing you they are teaching you as well.
Pros
Teaching bosses
Empowering others with a excellent outcome.
Career Advisor / Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be empowering clients to return to the work world, becoming productive citizens and be self sufficient. People really want to work they only have different barriers that prevent them from returning to work. I've managed up to 25 clients per caseload. My co-worker and I worked hand and hand as a team to help motivate and inspire ours clients into working. Finding resources that was available to meet my clients needs such as available housing, food, clothing etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeming results helping people to become self sufficient.
Pros
Mart accessible, Monday - Friday work week, excellent benifits.
Cons
Not receiving enough training.
Nice Company
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 13, 2015
Great company to work for. The Detroit team is very amazing, and everyone works extremely well together. The only con is the job security, the irony of working to secure employment for individuals all while worrying about your own.
A Decent Place to Work
Resource Coordinator/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2015
I like working with the clientele we see. I provide assessments, advising & counseling services to members, which is the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job is, honestly, not making a livable wage. For other parts of the world, my salary would be manageable, but living & trying to survive in NYC it is quite difficult. I am a master's degree holder with experience in my field & am looking to fully embrace my career without worrying about money so much. I won't even get started on my student loan payments. Grant does offer free medical insurance, which is nice & a small amount to be paid for dental insurance each month. The management staff is open & willing to listen to any concerns employees may have. Not too much room for advancement for someone in my field of counseling. Overall, the company is a decent place to work, if for only, a short amount of time to build skill level.
Pros
Free medical insurance, Flexible schedule, Good amount of PTO days
Cons
Low pay, currently no room for advancement
Make the Best of Your Situation
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 17, 2014
Priorities are very unclear: Managers would say one thing but do another. Processes are always changing and can cause stress at times, Always playing catch up. Very little opportunity for staff to voice their ideas and concerns - they do not seem to be a part of the decision making process. No clear company direction and very poor confidence in the company vision.

Definitely not a place for a career. If you're looking for a job to make ends meet, go for it; just know what you're getting into, otherwise avoid working there at all cost.
Pros
The team was great, very rewarding place to work as far as mission, training opportunities, lots of experiences to try, opportunities for lateral moves
Cons
Management was terrible, poor communication, lots of turnover, very stressful environment, compensation packages kept changing, little to no recognition for performers, they do not treat their staff well
Career orientated company
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2014
Productive, satisfying place to work. Bettering the lives of many individuals.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, Free health insurance
Recruiting and Staffing
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 17, 2013
Recruiting events, meeting with employers, job fairs. The hardest part of my job is seeing people so hopeless, they have been out of work for a long time.
Pros
meet lots of great people
Cons
not located in a desirable neighborhood.
productive and challenging
Corporate Recruiter/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2013
excellent opportunity as a trainer, quality assurance supervisor and a growing company
Pros
wonderful team and setting
Cons
too much turnover for employees
A great place to work
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR/OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2013
I like what the company stands for and the empowering of others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Associates. Our community is ready to answer.