Grant Medical Center Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
nice place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2017
it was a nice place to work with good people and it was quick paced. they pay for your schooling which is a great benefit to advance there, you just have to be employed there at least 6 months.
Pros
cheap prices at cafeteria
Cons
only a scheduled lunch and no scheduled breaks
Fast paced with lots of learning opportunities and resorurces.
Registered Nurse & Charge Nurse in Medicine (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2017
Grant Medical Center is a hospital that is large enough where you have enough resources to work, but small enough where you pretty much know everybody. Teamwork is a huge plus . Because you are located in center city, you do see a variety of medical conditions and are definitely challenged in managing the care of patients. You have lots of opportunities to develop your nursing skills. Management can be hit or miss, often losing touch with what it is like working at the bedside.
Pros
Teamwork, opportunity to develop skills
Cons
Management, difficult patients
supportive workplace however increasing productivitiy demands.
PRN (Current Employee) –  Speech PathologistAugust 10, 2017
Supportive workplace with skilled colleagues. Excellent learning environment. Competitive to get ahead and it does require a lot of weekends and holidays.
Great people to work with, highly motivated and eduated staff
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2017
Top notch level 1 trauma center, RT's run massive transfuser. Great atmosphere with flexible scheduling. ER is a crazy and fun place to work. Very close working relationships with all staff.
Productive and enoyable place to work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2017
Daily I would be interpreting and imputing tissues and implant reports from doctors and staff into the computer system. Manage and distribute end of monthly reports. Track and box up fire proofing reports. Track and impute new and old supplies into the computer system.
Pros
healthcare, very laid back environment
Cons
not enough pay
Very fast pace environment along exciting.
Phlebotomist Technician II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2017
Working at GMC is a great place to try many different fields if qualified. This hospital brings many different career opportunities to each employee. There are many different backgrounds at GMC to learn and feel comfortable with.
Great experience
VPHR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhMay 15, 2017
Working for any Ohiohealth facility is a great experience. The leadership team, peer group, service nature of our work was very rewarding. I was honored to have worked there.e
good job
Registered Polysomnographer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Insurance was not the best at the time. hard to get in but moving around is typically easy once you secure a position. easy 12 hr shifts which gives you the opportunity to work at another hospital or pick up extra hours if you choose.
Enjoyable and fun with co-worker
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2017
At the beginning of the shift it busy but enjoyable with prioritize your plan of care. Learning to manage your time and work with multicultural groups is very enjoyable and fun. The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye at the end of the shift to your patients. The most enjoyable part of the job are learning about your patient life story and what I learned from my patients.
Pros
gift card
Cons
short break
Patient Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215April 16, 2017
It's a great place to work! I love the culture and diversity, and education opportunities. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help out or take time to answer your questions.
Enjoy working here
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
Positive work atmosphere, with emphasis on continuing education Enjoyed being part of a hard working dedicated team
Everything was very well organized
Management was very pleasant
Poor integrity
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grant Medical CenterMarch 13, 2017
They do not back what they say. I worked there for over 18 years and never had any disciplinary actions.Leaders are not equipped with tools they need to run units or appropriately lead their team. One leader didn't like me and thus I was let go. They do not stand for what they believe in nor do they follow the appropriate policies.
Pros
Good clinical experience
Cons
Poor leaders, don't follow policies or protocols.
Amazing Workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 1, 2017
A very reputable company. Does things by the book and is there for you when you need them. Benefits are great and there is always room for advancement or different opportunities.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Very Busy
The Staff was the only reason I stayed 15 years
Surgical technologist & Sports team lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Grant went through many changes throughout my 15 years there. Many were for the betterment of the company and not for the patient or the staff. A typical day had its laughter but near the end of my time there the regulations and management had drained most of the life from the place. I enjoyed my patients and co-workers most of all.
Pros
N/a
Cons
They tried to turn me into a robot
great care, great place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215December 31, 2016
loved working here. Great teamwork, patient's were well care for. Benefits were good, nurse/patient ratio doable. Nurses had a voice. loved that we had a meeting with doctors, sw, ect in the morning to briefly discuss concerns
Pros
great care, friendly staff, good benefits
Cons
location, I moved
Busy
Staff Nurse, Med Specialty Unit (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2016
This was a busy place to work however it is respectable and fun to learn many things. I learned how to be efficient, time management, caring, dedication, skills, and be a team. Management was ok. My co workers were fun, energetic, and willing to learn. The hardest part was the busyness and never knowing what was going to happen from day to day. The best part was having fun, taking care of an array of patients ans connecting with them.
Great Place to Start
Patient Nutrition Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 26, 2016
Great place to work. Flexible scheduling and many growth opportunities. The medical staff is always willing to help and management is very accommodating.
Pros
Benefits, paid breaks, and incentive rewards
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2016
Great place to work. Busy all the time. Learn something new each day. Best co-workers anyone could ask for. Enjoy helping others.
Great place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2016
Great place to learn and work. Staff willing to teach and patient with new graduates. Highly recommended. Would work again without hesitation.
A positive work environment.
Contingent RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2016
I worked here as a contingent and I was welcomed. The patient load was reasonable and there were always co-worker willing to help out if needed. It was enjoyable to work with the families and teach them how to care for their baby.
Pros
Positive Morale
Cons
Night shift