Grant Thornton LLP Employee Reviews

it support specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2016
Grant Thornton, Cleveland was a great place to work. Unfortunately, there were changes within the IT department that has resulted in me having leave a great organization and group of people.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Work Life Balance
Good firm
Corporate Tax Director (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 2, 2015
Management is trying hard to make it a fun place to work. Perhaps they're are trying too hard, as it becomes a distraction with multiple "feel good" e-mails.
Pros
Technical co-workers
Cons
Training was somewhat inadequate
Public Accounting Firm- Top 10 Global Firms
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 10, 2015
This company works it's employees hard as is typical of public accounting firms (50-60 hours a week). This company is a larger firm, so employees will be specialized into service areas (Audit, Tax, Services). Audit will involve regional travel.

In general there is high turnover due to the hours and travel. This provides opportunities to move up in the company.
Pros
Great Training and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Long Hours
On the right track
IT KNOWLEDGE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2015
Grant Thornton has been on a journey that focuses on its culture and people over the past fiscal year and it is making a positive difference to the firm overall. If they continue to make strides with this initiative and keep people engaged, GT will be phenomenally successful.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, Job Security/Advancement
Excellent experience
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 23, 2015
Excellent experience, This was a great experience. I worked as a federal consultant. I really enjoyed it. My clients were highly satisfied with my work.
Great IT Dept.
IT Service Delivery Associate I (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work. Employees are like family. Great work life balance. Great IT department. I would highly recommend.
Very good public accounting firm.
Property Tax Analyst/ Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 14, 2015
I really enjoyed the time working for Grant Thornton. Thanks to Grant Thornton opportunity I have experience and a good knowledge in the cycle of business personal property tax, and business real property.
Cons
Good company going through many changes
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 18, 2015
Work/life balance is extremely important to Grant Thornton and they are very flexible with schedules.
The company is going through many organizational changes so what is coming remains to be seen.
Professional IT Leadership
Executive Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 24, 2015
I supported the CIO and his Executive Leaders. I worked side-by-side with his full leadership team. They drove a wonderful culture of collaboration, professionalism and understood well what work/life balance was all about. The atmosphere in the department was positive and I believe that was a huge contributor to their success. Good leadership is key to success.
Absolutely the best place I have ever worked
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
The company was built by a very hard working woman who values her staff and treats them as family. As in most jobs that I have been given the opportunity to place my foot in the door, the sky was the limit with this company. They valued my opinion and gave me free reign to submit my ideas for the betterment of the company.
Pros
Excellent Owners
Administrative Assistant/Tax Processor
Para Professional/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.

Resolving administrative issues by coordinating, preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
Out sourcing
Technical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 29, 2015
I've been with the company over a year and everything was great till company is considering to out source there IT. It is a great place to work for the time being.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
outsourcing
Good exposure in accounting for new graduates
Assurance Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of exposure to different types of clients, industries and accounting policies; typical to move from client to client every 2-5 weeks in the first year; friendly co-workers; lots of upper management change and company leadership people and culture change

Cons: long hours, tedious/monotonous work, if you don't like accounting, it is a struggle; as an auditor, clients don't welcome your presence; high turnover and not enough training or support
Pros
Listed above
Cons
Listed above
Average company to work for
Decline to specify (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 9, 2015
Overall, GT was a good company to work for and is where I gained the most valuable experience in my field. Work life balance was sometimes not considered by managers and was often a challenge.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Work-life balance wasn't always good, quality of managers was inconsistent (more training for managers needed to ensure this is addressed)
Solid company with good work-life balance
Associate, Global Public Sector (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2015
Compensation is a bit lower than other mid to large consulting firms, but the work-life balance is likely a bit better. The public sector practice does not have its own proposal team, so the consultants must work on proposals in addition to billing regular client hours.
Growth Opportunties
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 2, 2015
Good place to work. Some opportunities to grow within the Firm. Continuing changes to the business. High turnover. Nice people to work with. A lot of networking events and opportunities.
Pros
Good place to work. A lot of opportunities to grow within the Firm.
Cons
no cons
Great experience, very good place to work if you're in Columbia, SC
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 29, 2015
Good, smart, hard-working co-workers that pull their weight. You NEVER hear "that's not my job." A mostly friendly environment but it's a serious grind. That's the nature of the business. There's are some very, very long days but you get great experience. Travel schedule can be extensive if you draw the wrong set of clients.
Pros
Big firm "perks"/ tools and opportunities in Columbia, SC, Reliable office leadership
Cons
Public accounting is tough, there's no way around it
Not a great work/life balance
Business Advisory Services Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 15, 2015
Not a great work/life balance. Management needs improvement.Would not recommend to work for this company. Go Big 4, don't settle for next tier.
great people to work with
Independent Contractor - Sales &Use/Indirect Taxes (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
overall, good people to work with on the team i was assigned to, limited chances for opportunity to transition to full time employment
Pros
teamwork approach - good staff people
Cons
no full time employment opportunity
Great work/life balance
FS Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2015
International accounting firm with great opportunities and compensation. Committed to growth along with keeping employees happy.
Pros
Cons
People