GRANTHAM UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

n/a
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  work from homeDecember 15, 2017
the pay is not the greatest. The people who work for grantham are exceptional from the dean of nursing to professors. I do not have any complaints except for low pay scale
Education
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2017
Not a bad job. Reenrolled students in to their next semester. Management worked well together and promoted within. Workplace culture was great. Good morale.
Best co-workers ever and extremely flexible
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 27, 2017
Grantham University's Student Advising department is a fun and challenging place to work. The people are great but the management team is lacking. The one thing that they are good at is being flexible. They take the approach that we are adults and being there right at 8 am isn't the most important thing in the world. However, they set unrealistic expectations. We manage a "portfolio" of students who have different individual situations and circumstances. It is a crapshoot of whether or not they will or will not take a class, and that is who you are judged if you do a good job or not. It's not whether you know your job and work hard, it's if you produce. This is not a SALES job, but they treat it as such.
Pros
Relaxed work environment and great co-workers
Cons
Poor leadership
sometimes have fun things to do as a group
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 17, 2017
Too immature and cliquey. You have to be a robot/stepford wife for anyone to even speak to you in the hallway. If you have a mind of your own and question things, you will not fit in here at all.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
90% of the people there suck
It
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 13, 2017
Great Place to work. Awesome opportunity to improve the value of yourself. Management is great, you never feel like you are under the bus for anything. Coworkers are very polite and try to help with anything they can. I have seen a lot of good people develop their skills here then advance into something they have worked hard to become.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Student Account Analyst
STUDENT ACCOUNTS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 3, 2017
• Maintaining student receivable account records and updating student billing system (Banner)
• Handle daily transactions including auditing documents & registration for accuracy associated with student accounts
Benefits
Cons
Job Culture, Poor Management
Don't know Contact Information
Course Developer, Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2017
The biggest problem with Grantham University is the contact information has not been updated in years and if you have a question regarding payroll, for example, you have to go through multiple people to find the right person.
ok place to work
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 23, 2017
rules are different for everybody, can be positive at times, but too focused on numbers and not students. need to be more encouraging of employees and help more.
Opportunity to complete my education
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 16, 2017
The university offers free tuition for employees. That allowed me to finish my BA in Criminal Justice. Employees are encouraged to be Life Changers, not just employees. We were given 8 hours of paid time off to volunteer at an organization of our choice.

For the most part, GU was a casual environment. We were allowed on special days to wear casual wear.

Most of my co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Allowed to be in control of my work and to use my good judgment.
Cons
Limited opportunities
Love working here!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 17, 2017
I have enjoyed working here- staff is supportive and communication between all staff is wonderful. Courses are 8 weeks long and I am able to choose if I can take on my work .
Deceptive work environment
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 8, 2017
Upper management struggles greatly to adapt to the changing landscape of online learning. They change policies then immediately retract said policy changes because they are scared of being shut down like similar for profit nationally accredited universities. It seems as if rules are made up as they go.
Little room for advancement. Last year they laid off 10% of the staff at the school; many more who still work have stopped giving much effort, which is almost to clearvwhen you ask for help from other departments. Yearly salary increases no longer exist and this school desperately needs anyone they can hold onto which is the only reason many people continue to work for Grantham.
The school currently owns a 7% graduation rate for financial aid students. SEVEN percent. So if you want a job where your day-to-day work is borderline meaningless, then work at Grantham.
Needs work accepting change as new process
Manager, Project and Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 21, 2017
Grantham has a great idea about what to provide the population they serve. They are great with their guiding principal of helping vets with their continued education as well as other uncommon people who would like to get their degrees (e.g. working parents, older students, etc...). The company, as a whole, however, would benefit from looking at processes and procedures in a new way every so often in order to grow with the times.
Pros
The people that worked there are great
Cons
Not very good at change
Grantham is a great starter job
Student Advisor III (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 30, 2017
While Grantham was a great job for me to start in, it is certainly not the best place for a long term career. It is time to move on after 11 years. There is good teamwork involved here but management can be rigid.
Pros
Making good friends.
Cons
Micromanagement
Horrible Management with No regard for progressive thinking
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 24, 2017
Buyer Beware type of situation. They are not open to progressive thinking for innovation and will not provide you the tools to be successful. If you are not "friends" with the right people, they tend to want you gone.
Flexible and Good Culture
Lead Student Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 17, 2017
I am very excited to be employed by Grantham. They are very involved in the community and care about the employees. I would recommend Grantham as an employer for anyone
Productive challenging job
Special Assistant to the Provost (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 29, 2017
Grantham's workplace day to day is totally dependent upon the management. The last years I was very lucky to have a great experience. Having the opportunity to use my experience in decision making was a definite plus.
Pros
Variety in my job
Cons
unstable decision by upper management due to lack of experience
I love going to school on-line, I helps to reassure me that its all worth it.
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2017
I have been and currently still in school online. It is convienant, rewarding and an opportunity to advance. This is a promising sacrifice for those who don't fear failing. Once you get started it makes you eager to get all that you can from it, including self security.
Dreams go to die
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 5, 2017
Compensation is below industry standards and the lack of advancement make it hard to stay at Grantham. The high levels of management claim to have direction and a plan but they never share that information down the line. The only manages or leaders of any level that seem to care about the regular employee is the direct manager team. Above that you are treated like just another body for use and disposal.
Pros
Free education, good co-workers, comfortable location
Cons
Below standard pay, very little/no advancement
Terrible place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2017
While trying to program another department would bring in music and line dance behind my desk. They are not a regionally accredited university to my knowledge and after taking a class there I realized that what they provide, in my opinion, is subpar.
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
Very well run
Faculty-Discipline of Humanities (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 15, 2016
Management is great. The job experience was very rewarding. Those who run the non-profit are some of the best people I will ever know. I would recommend working for them if given the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GRANTHAM UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5