Granville Health System

Granville Health System Employer Reviews

Small hospital with a lot of nepotism.
Radiographer (Current Employee), Oxford, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: new er looks great.
Cons: no teamwork and a lot of backstabbing.
The hospital use to be a great place to work and the focus was on the patients. After the current CEO came on board many things changed and many cuts were made leaving every area of the hospital understaffed. The increase in workload and numerous staff cuts have left most everyone tired and paranoid. The change in atmosphere is even noticeable to patients, as I had more than one to tell me. The sense of teamwork and comradery that used to be such a great part of this small town hospital is now gone. Radiology manager is not honest and has poor judgement. Also, has been known to yell at fellow employees.
Exciting busy day
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee), Oxford, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great staff and patients
Cons: not seeing a patient make progress
The morning started early around 9:30, going from room to room completing therapy with patients. Some received 70 minutes and some received 30 minutes of therapy. I learned to take my time with elders, how to use the sliding and how to do a proper assessment on a patient. The co-workers were the best and they all individually made the day better and run more smoothly. The hardest part of the job was convincing a grumpy patient to do therapy but the most enjoyable part was when we got therapy going they became some of the sweetest people I've met.
Better than most smaller hospital
Diagnostic, Vascular, Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Oxford, NCFebruary 19, 2013
The patient care of this hospital is good. The work environment in the radiology department is good. However, management could be better.