Granville Health System Employee Reviews

Office Morale
Electronic Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCJanuary 23, 2017
The overall tone of the office is warm and inviting. The team works great together to achieve the goals. Each person is there to help in any way or fashion. Office morale is a big thing for me and here it has always been great.
Great people
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NC 27565January 20, 2017
Good people great environment, poor management but regardless very enjoyable environment. The best people in the world are at GHS but a few manager positions are VERY unprofessional.
Pros
Environment.people
Good benefits Fast Pace work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCJanuary 9, 2017
Coworkers are great to work with. Need to be able to have a flexible schedule. Great benefits. They have 12 hour shifts an 8 hour shift. Many different departments to pick to work in not just in the hospital.
Managers and directors not willing to learn
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCNovember 22, 2016
When the director of the dept you are working in doesn't take the time to learn how things within that dept runs it puts more stress on everyone within that dept. There is also a lot of favoritism within this hospital. If a director or manager wants you fired HR will not investigate to see if the problem is a dept wide problem or just a problem with that individual. They will take the manager/directors word and get rid of the employee. This place is not a good place to work unless you enjoy working for less money with more job responsibilities.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Directors don't care for their employees
Used to be a good place to work
a couple different ones (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ncJuly 10, 2015
I have worked in a couple of departments and its bad when the dept head is new and doesnt know how the dept is ran and takes no steps in trying to learn. Makes you wonder how did they get the job..... oh they knew a board member. A working dept has now gone to a non-functioning dept.... sad so sad! And the CFO doesnt have balls to do anything about. I guess he is scared of the board member. They dont pay their bills vendors call all day wanting to know when will they get paid. Sometimes I wounder if we have money for pay checks.
Small Town Healthcare
Admissions Registrar (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Granville Medical provided me a wonderful opportunity to learn the ins and outs of an emergency room. Granville taught me how to multi task to the max. My co-workers always focused on provided on providing quick and efficient service no matter what.
Pros
Set work shifts
Cons
Too far to drive
Small hospital with a lot of nepotism.
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCJanuary 5, 2015
The hospital use to be a great place to work and the focus was on the patients. After the current CEO came on board many things changed and many cuts were made leaving every area of the hospital understaffed. The increase in workload and numerous staff cuts have left most everyone tired and paranoid. The change in atmosphere is even noticeable to patients, as I had more than one to tell me. The sense of teamwork and comradery that used to be such a great part of this small town hospital is now gone. Radiology manager is not honest and has poor judgement. Also, has been known to yell at fellow employees.
Pros
New ER looks great.
Cons
No teamwork and a lot of backstabbing.
Exciting busy day
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCAugust 18, 2014
The morning started early around 9:30, going from room to room completing therapy with patients. Some received 70 minutes and some received 30 minutes of therapy. I learned to take my time with elders, how to use the sliding and how to do a proper assessment on a patient. The co-workers were the best and they all individually made the day better and run more smoothly. The hardest part of the job was convincing a grumpy patient to do therapy but the most enjoyable part was when we got therapy going they became some of the sweetest people I've met.
Pros
Great staff and patients
Cons
not seeing a patient make progress
Better than most smaller hospital
Diagnostic, Vascular, Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCFebruary 19, 2013
The patient care of this hospital is good. The work environment in the radiology department is good. However, management could be better.