Graphic Controls Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Started in 1970 as a data processing person. As the years went on I became more independent along with my co workers as to job functions and work ethics. I learned that there is no I in team. Working with other people is something you'll be doing for the rest of your life. Being considerate to others and treat them the way you want to be treated is what works. I had a great boss who went out of his way to treat us with respect and not just another number in the company. I worked with a great bunch of people. In the beginning there were only women doing that job, As I went on I did change jobs within the company and worked in the distribution part and then worked with the greatest bunch of guys. Respect was always given and received. I think the hardest part of my job was not being able to resolve problems and leaving my position. I loved talking to all my customers and still keep in touch with a couple off them both in the states and Canada.
Pros
The people I worked with became my additional family and still are to this day.
Cons
Because of stressful sitiations at times I took no break or lunch.
Job review
MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2015
The typical day at work for me would be to check my workstation, and if there is issues with the machine. I check to make sure the products are okay though the night. If the machine goes down I prepare myself for the next jobs. I keep my area clean. I then pack casino tickets. I also help other people.
I learned how to set up the machines to produce the products. I learned how to run the machine. I used the forklift and other machines.
The management treated you well, They explained rules to you and gave you chances. My Co-workers were pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the training time needs to be extended. It was difficult for me to train is so little time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the bosses showed their appreciation. The always gave us good dinners.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Not enough sick time
Typical factory job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2015
I learned a lot of handy things about the machines and printing presses. Hard physical labor at times, but definitely bearable. Management was a bit scattered at times but always there when you needed them and very hands-on learning was provided. The employees with seniority don't seem to take kindly to new people, however. Especially younger guys.
Pros
convenient location, decent wages, gym
Cons
limited benefits, hostile environment at times
Graphic Controls
Consulting Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2014
This position started as a part-time contract position intended to educate clinicians in the use of a particular medical device but quickly "morphed" into a full-time permanent position. My responsibilities included investigating product issues, developing product literature, gathering customer requirements, participating in evaluations of new product proposals.
Pros
great people to work with
Got boring real quick
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 3, 2015
I was part of the team in 2001 that helped bring the work back to Buffalo from Cherry Hill NJ. It was an ok job. The whole flying back n forth, helping the company get up and running was exciting.

However, it became a boring job after about 6 months. Seen alot of people get cut. There was times I would listen to howard stern and get yelled at by feminists. So I was told to lose the radio. I wanted some OT, was told no. I wanted to learn some other machines, even applied for an opening and was told no.. they wanted an older gentleman for the role.

The woman who was hired to work with me in my dept was let go, and I was told there was no replacement. So after a few years I decided to go back to school and quit. It was an ok job, I had some good memories of that place, but the work life was just to boring. Kept getting told no, everytime I wanted to do or learn something else..
Pros
the pay for the time, the hours, no overtime.
Cons
no excitement, the job just got repeatitive very quick, no advancement.
Terrible place to work
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo N.Y.July 17, 2013
Low pay, terrible benefits,high turnover rate, clueless bosses . Also all employees there complain constantly about what a dead end job it is. If you're just looking for a stop gap employer this is the place for you. Other than that STAY AWAY!!!!! 1 of the worst places to work bar none. You will undoubtedly wish you never applied.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
everything else other than a check coming in
broken down machines, supervisor has little experience with may of the presses
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 3, 2014
Hours and expectations are way overboard. To much complaining by the management. Too many workers are lazy and unwilling to learn anything.
Pros
holiday meals, little overtime, yearly bouns
Cons
supervisors have little experience on presses, too much gossip, team leaders hot headed.
Assistant Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 24, 2012
Productive,learned many work skills,management good,would still be there if TYCO did not buy the CO. and move it to mexico.
Pros
5 day work week / voluntary overtime
Cons
low pay
Very well controlled company
Printing machine operator (Former Employee) –  buffalo,nyMay 28, 2013
very good company to work for. Well established, very well known in the industry.
Pros
well managed
Cons
rotating shifts