Graphic Packaging Employee Reviews

Mandatory overtime
Air Stripping Lead (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 7, 2016
Decent company. However, my location had mandatory 10-12 hour days 7 days a week. Limited life outside of work. The money is there to be made, but I'd prefer to have a life outside of work.
Productive lots of overtime
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 3, 2016
work 8 to 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. Fast pace. Supervisor was very compataint very fair to employees, Great place to work if you don't mind overtime.
The Best Company I ever worked for!
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 29, 2016
Graphic is the best company I have ever worked for and I miss it very much. The people are wonderful: management trusts HR's directions, co-workers are cooperative, the tone of the company is great from the sustainability perspective.
Don't turn down an opportunity - you will love this company!
Pros
The people in HR, Benefits, facility events
Cons
sometimes long hours but to be expected in management
It was a stressful place to work
Journyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 18, 2016
Management did not give clear guidelines. People were being told to do more jobs than they could do in management, and where not getting reclassified to do that job (example they where being kept hourly and being asked to be the shop Supervisor.)
Never out of work
2nd Pressman (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAAugust 16, 2016
Always on the go and never a dull moment. Got to be aware of you surroundings at all times. The people that work there are all very kind and easy to get along with.
We had a blast at making popcorn bags and dog bags. It was never a dull moment.
Manufacturing laborer (Former Employee) –  Fowler, INAugust 15, 2016
I have worked there for more than 20 years. Sadly they close there doors. I loved my job and my co-workers too. I would tell anyone to work there if I could.
graphic is a standard manufacturing company
Sales and Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 9, 2016
Graphic contributes to the 401K program even if you do not participate. The work week is 40 hours. There is a very extensive amount of communication between the client, manufacturing and customer support. Keeping the customer informed is enjoyable yet challenging. . In a manufacturing environment, many things happen beyond your control which affects the production of an order nd may need to be communicated to a customer. d
Pros
graphic contributes a small amount of money to the 401K program even if you do not participate
Cons
Graphic implemented a point system for lateness and absences
Productive and Fun
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 7, 2016
Great company to work for family oriented environment. Management did not mind jumping in and assisting employees to meet deadlines if needed or giving recognition when due. No crabs in a bucket mentality within this organization.
friendly atmosphere
shipping /packaging (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2016
great place to work benefits once you get on are ok great home and work balance friendly atmosphere but at time too much socializing
Pros
pay and advancement oppourtunities
Cons
too much socializing
Great place to work and great pay
Litho Assistant Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 2, 2016
worked 12hrs a day mainly 5 days out the week, work was laid back I worked graveyard. Learned a lot about maintenance and printing press procedures , safety was real big at graphic , i got along with everyone really liked the managrs i work for they were fair . The hardest part was the long nights other than that the job was a fairlyy good job. Wasn't happy when it closed down i wanted to retire there
Pros
Great Pay, Friendly Environment, Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great workplace fun and very educational
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 20, 2016
The job was great I got a chance to see how well I could apply what I learned on my own time my coworkers and boss where always pleasant
Chance to apply my pryer training
Steel rule dimaker (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJuly 14, 2016
I set up and operated number of automated machines in a die making facility using half-scaled printouts. Auto CAD and turbo CAD drafting systems producing printing plates and cutting dies for cartoon folding industry.
Pros
Good wages and benifits
Cons
Shift work
productive and fun place to work
Bobst Die Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 8, 2016
GPI is a rewarding workplace. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. Management gave us the tools and training that we needed to be more efficient and productive within the company.
Don't apply unless you like working 12hrs everyday
Feeder/Packer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 4, 2016
My first week was ok honestly but then they forced OT on me 70 hours a week and if you don't stay you get a point 4 points and your fired, the machine operators are rude and they also force you to goto night shift the pay is good but you have no life to me thats not worth it at all, so plz apply if you have no life and you like being screamed at for something they didn't train you on. good luck HR even quit.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Productive and fun work environment
Pasted Valve Bottomer Operator/Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 4, 2016
Learned the business side of Production. The environment was stressful but co-workers worked as a team to achieve goals. Was given the opportunity to advance career.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Single and no family...this is the job for YOU!!
Finishing worker (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 3, 2016
Graphic used to be a wonderful place to work, everybody loved working overtime. Now you have no choice, work or get fired. Show favoritism throughout the whole plant. Don't go to finishing because you'll work even with nothing to do. But if you are a decent looking female and literally rub management a certain way....you'll get off work anytime you want. Actually surprised this place hasn't turned into a union.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Anything you can think of.
It's a good place to work, but does not have a lot of room for advancement.
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  lumberton N.C.June 30, 2016
Its a pretty decent job. Not much room for advancement. It offers a lot of overtime for those who like it. Mostly fast and hard work but once you get use to it, it's not hard to catch up.
Rewarding place to work
Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJune 28, 2016
It was a rewarding place to work as I learned a lot in different departments. A place to really learn and be with good people.
Typical day at work
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work at Graphic Packaging is pretty laid back . Being the lead operator , i already knew what was expected of me and my crew. My immediate supervisors were always very helpful and that made the job an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
benefits and paid thru lunch and breaks
Cons
No sick days
good pay,
PreMake Ready Technician/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 22, 2016
Long hours but they work 24 hours so you were guaranteed time off. Typical manufacturing environment so overall good place to work.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts

2.9