Graphic Packaging

Graphic Packaging Employer Reviews

dont like them because they layed everyone off
Inline Bottomer Operator (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good people and good benefits
Cons: we all lost our jobs
a mass layoff of friends who became my family to put a whole plant like out of work was wrong
Its productive and very dependable
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Eastman, GADecember 30, 2013
Pros: company had games going on to win items
Cons: the breaks was short and hardly got one it was when you can find a breathing spot to get one
For a typical day at work I learned how others are human and deserve to be treated the way the good lord wants you to treat them. I experienced different people from other business coming in with loads and able to understand warehouse work. The most enjoyable part was doing what I love driving a forklift.
Good job for 32 years
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Worked from a general labor up to supervisor and enjoyed the year there till I was force reduction came.
Encountered very nice, knowledgeable and helpful people
Sales and Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee), SE AtlantaNovember 30, 2013
Pros: learned a great deal in a short period of time
Cons: little to no training and lack of support within very small customer service team
Everyday was different without a dull moment. I enjoyed serving the customer, forecasting, reporting and working with the various internal departments. I was able to jump right in and was even given some challenging assignments from day one. The most difficult part was working with coworkers in customer service with seniority and a sense of entitlement. – more... Supervisor lacked initiative, knowledge and managerial skills and often dumped worked. Expectations are high for newcomers and be prepared to take on work that someone else doesn't know how to do and can't support you if you have questions. – less
Production and a fun environment
Jr.Operator (Former Employee), Henrico, VANovember 4, 2013
I really enjoyed working in the production seeing a finished product was amazing As a Jr. Operator I hand the change to learn alot about who thre machine and work side by side with the Sr.Operator everyday a Challenge
very safe place
press feeder (Former Employee), Oroville, CAOctober 7, 2013
The terms in witch I was fired were unfair. The yearly reviews were not on time .
Ever Changing and fun team to work with
Human Resource Coordinator / Payroll (Current Employee), Solon, OHOctober 3, 2013
In the HRD, the days vary on a daily basis. The most enjoyable to working with the team to accomplish their needs.
Great people
Gluer/Packer (Former Employee), Perry, GASeptember 28, 2013
Great place to work wouldn't mind working here again. Enjoyed working two days on two days off.
Friendly environment with different learning opportunities
Quality Department Intern (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 15, 2013
I got to learn a lot about the mill and equipment while doing different projects and work. It was an overall good experience. It may not be a big mill, but they do well with what they have. It is a good place to start and learn.
Benifits were good, and a lot of good coworkers.
Inventory Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Schamberg Il.September 3, 2013
The con was in the 28 years I was employed. The company sold at least eight times. So you always had new management who always had a different way of doing things, so your job was forever changing.
out of control
hourly and management (Former Employee), tuscaloosaSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: move up fast
Cons: no family life or schedule for work.day to day.
management at the local level is lost.The higher ups,are clueless.Good place to work until the former plant manager snapped,fired the people toting him,and quit.Currently seeking 3 management jobs and 1 hourly.In the last 15 months,over 80 years of experience has quit or been fired. No one there is happy,unless they are heavily medicated.
Productive workplace
Operator 1-Bag puller (Former Employee), Arcadia, LAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is just doing my work and what i was told, it makes time go by faster when your working. What i have learned while i was employed at Graphic Packaging is to always do what your told no matter if your right or wrong because its always gonna be the supervisor's word over yours, i have also learned that seniority is a big plus. The – more... hardest part of the job was, working in the weather, what ever the weather was outside, it was inside. The most enjoyable part of the job was working overtime. – less
Really Enjoyed GP
Cutter Operator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2013
Cons: rotating shifts
We was family oriented, I loved working there everyday. Good co-workers to be around.
working at graphic
Pallet jack operator (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAAugust 13, 2013
working for graphic packing was an unforgettable experience, not because of the money you're making or the great benefit package. It's because the time you spend working seems to be the only time you have. there is no more family time, or self time. there is only time to work.
compant is not very satisfying to work for.
Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee), Solon, OHAugust 11, 2013
Pros: pay is average.
Cons: see above
Not managed very well from the corporate end. There is a disconnect between corporate and the plants. Too much paperwork is generated where as the floor cannot be managed effectively. The culture is sub-par from a management perspective.
The hourly people are very frustrated. They tend to make mountains out of mole hills and in turn forget what the – more... core value streams are to be successful. Plant is struggling with a bare bones work force that bring temps in to cover absenteeism. – less
A good company to advance your career.
Converting Associate (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good hourly pay, good benefits.
Cons: long 12 hour days and no set shift.
I moved up within a year and I received the proper training in order to do so.
productive place just like jail cant leave on break
roll handler/scrap man (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: cant leave on break
It was good money, just like jail cant go to the sore on break or even go to your car without getting questioned.
productive
Quality Control Inspector and Feeder/Tender (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJuly 29, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, air conditioner and fans and plenty of hrs
Cons: stressful environment
Good job. only fun thing is making great friends. Its a very stressful environment with trying to get out production. The company dosent seem to care to much about you family life
it was a fun job but no free time
Material Handler (Former Employee), wausau,wiJuly 24, 2013
i would go into work go to a machine and package our product and everyone who worked there was friendly the hardest part of the job had to of been working swing shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was they had a lunch room with great food.
OK place to work , everyone was very helpful
ending department (Former Employee), eastmen gaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: worked with a staffing agencie
Worked at many station ,so whatever I was ask to do .Learned to feed the machines. Stack bag in shipping boxes. Supervisor were very helpful. Co-workers nice to work with. The different stacking pattern of the bags. The thanks for doing a good job.

About Graphic Packaging

Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic – Read more