Graphic Packaging Employee Reviews

Would definitely recommend
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 18, 2016
Definitely would recommend this company to people looking to apply to GPI. The managers definitely go to bat for sales reps when needed. Disconnect between plants is difficult though.
great job
Feeder Tender (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 15, 2016
loved my job and my co workers; the hours where flexable ypu came in with 2 weeks vacation with pay loved it great benifits
Very immaculate place of work
Line Assembler-Temp (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJune 4, 2016
Everyday is a long, loud, non-stop working kind of day. Co-workers are fun & outgoing. Co-workers teaches you hands-on things thats helps you later in life. I learned how to use forklift & assembly line.
Pros
Several breaks a day & supply safety equipment
Cons
No free lunches & no maneuvering around
Dont do it
Roll Tender (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJune 4, 2016
The work is not bad. However, the expectations from the management in my local graphic is ridiculous. You make your own breaks so if your roll doesn't allow one then you won't get one. It depends on who you know or who you have slept with.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Packer/Feeder
Feeder/Packer (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAJune 4, 2016
8 hour shifts, two twenty minute breaks, only one week noticed of overtime. Depending on machine you either feed the machine full of flat cardboard it will then go through a machine where it is folded and glued and sent down a conveyor belt for someone to pack. Packing consist of collecting a certain amount of boxes and placing them in the box according to the customers instructions. You are to check the product as well for misfolds or excess glue. It can be fast at times but also slow at times just depends on what product you are running at the time.
Pros
Paid breaks, beeb told they don't do background check on employees.
Cons
Very hot working environment, boss is not afraid to cuss you out like a dog, machine operators are the same way and throw boxes at feeders and packers, no advancement, raise is a joke, pay is a joke when all the other factories in our area pay 5 to 10 more an hour
Professional work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 31, 2016
Good company to work for; if you don't have much of a personal life. Many opportunities for overtime. A lot of repetition involved in the job; very good for people who can self manage. Co-workers are friendly, and willing to help new people learn.
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Very demanding schedule
Excellent Career Choice!
Cutting Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOMay 30, 2016
Working for this company gave me the time away from work we all want, while giving me the ability through compensation to get the most out of my time off. GPI paid for my first home and vehicle when I was a much younger man than I am today. The people I worked with were awesome, especially management. The shifts are long, but in return there are only 3-4 day work weeks which is well worth the shifts.
Pros
Great pay, Outstanding benefits, Professional environment, Job security, Guaranteed advancement, Paid holidays/vacations.
Cons
Long Shifts
a good place to work
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Menasha, WIMay 26, 2016
Graphic Packaging International was a good company to work for. They paid for my schooling which allowed me to become an Industrial Electrician.
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity to grow.
Journeyman Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 25, 2016
I get to work with some Millwrights who have a lot more years of experience and teach me a great deal more than i already know about machinery and fabrication. Management gives their full support in what our maintenance department needs to accomplish. The hardest part of my job is the hours and sometimes the work load is heavy but there is support in place to assist.
Pros
Lunch breaks are paid time. A very stable industry.
a great company
general laborer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMay 25, 2016
good work environment for 30 plus years involving loading, packing and sorting of containers Worked in a team environment that required attention to detail and repetitive tasks

If you like money, dont have a family then this is the job for you
Move-Up Supervisor, Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNMay 17, 2016
Best co-workers you could ever ask for, not alot of room for advancement. Loved running the Printing Presses and all the other equipment, the greatest thing is getting to work and repair you own machines
Pros
Money and People
Cons
productive and very fun work place
Operator/Operator Assistant/Packer (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 9, 2016
work day was always busy, learn to work with others, management was amazing always wanted more for the company, great co-workers, staying cool was hard, making great money.
Pros
free shirts, hats, water bottles, and boots!
Cons
short breaks and lunch breaks
Started at entry level, ended as Manager
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2016
Very glad to have learned all the aspects of running a large plant while working my way into different positions. I liked the people I worked with.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
management
Packager
Packager (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMay 6, 2016
The company's open tissue boxes and put them in to other boxes and then in the bigger boxes.
All the big boxes are made within the company.
Review of Graphic Packaging
Gluer Operator Float (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMay 6, 2016
Normally my day consists of 2-3 breaks a day.. I spend most of my time making sure 10 other gluers stay running, and running well. I help other operators out with any questions or problems,ie I'm they're goto guy. I help with make readies which can take 20 min to 3 hours. I make sure operations run smoothly, esp during flavor changes and breaks, make readies, and color samples. I am in close relations with the supervisor to be aware of problems or changes in schedule. Alot of the problems right now is with the people... in general. which is always the toughest part. But I am looking to move away from here and move closer to my girlfriend in Neenah, Wis.
Pros
Since I have been promoted at the beginning of the year I have been looked up to by my peers. ALOT.
Cons
only getting a couple breaks in a 12 hour period is tough but I deal with it.
Terrible environment, poor training, but good pay when you get it.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INMay 5, 2016
Only good thing about this job was the pay, but that's if you get it. Was hired in September but from Thanksgiving to when I left in January never got a full weeks pay. The gluer area isn't a bad place to work, but on the printing press you have people who care more about production than training you. Some supervisors are terrible at communicating and only seem to care about you when they're about to fire you. Was constantly told that I could be fired at anytime. This place caused me so much mental and financial stress I would never recommend this place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment, 12 hour days, multiple shutdowns, poor leadership
Good Pay is it
Shipping and Receiving/PrintingForklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 3, 2016
Everyone is a snitch, no one is trustworthy, you get written up for anything possible, theyre hire from outside before within. good pay, longs hours, terrible leaderhsip
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Hectic
Cutting, Pressroom and Sheeting Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIApril 20, 2016
Constantly changing requirements for production as well as assignments for supervisors. Extra tasks added often with little or unclear instruction. Upper management tends to give more credence to hourly associates rather than their own lower management supervisors. Upper management rarely follows through; they are just as stressed. Plenty of challenges.
Pros
They made good on what they said in my exit interview.
Cons
Requirements for audits, meetings and projects with no time allotted to complete them, .Supervisors in different departments are treated very differently.
Stable Company
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2016
Graphic Packaging has been in business for a while and I'm sure they will be around for a long time. The work hours were excellent.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Numerous
Waste of time to much corporate politics
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIApril 12, 2016
The pay might be good, but the company politics and management is a joke, don't waste your time applying they will try to do everything possible to lure you in but once they got you, your work life balance doesnt exist and they will try to do everything possible to fire you. If your looking for a good paying job in this industry there are much better places to apply than here. Union doesn't do anything and you must join unless your salaried or lose your job, even know you start at a good wage after all mandatory deductions and union dues the pay equals about the same you will find anywhere else in that industry. Turnover rate is insane they can't keep anyone new, everyone once they find out the real truth quit or else just find a better company/job usually within there first 30 days if they even stay that long.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else, its not worth the money, extreamly high turnover

2.9