Grass Valley Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Unstable at best
Multiviewer and Infrastructure support (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 11, 2017
This company is unstable at best. They do not care about their people nor their lives. They only care about upper management and their own careers. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians
Poor management
Repair technician lll (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 1, 2017
I been working for 10 years on the repair department. The company was Miranda before. When the merge to Grass valley , the production director and management all ways thing from him self. When you said something is wrong their ignore you. If you complaint too much their fine a reason to fire you. Corrupted director and manager I learn alot of things but by you self. But not much support on the repair department.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Corrupted production director and manager
Left to be desired
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2016
Through the numerous acquisitions, this company has been degraded year after year in all areas. Use to be adequate, not any more. To many talents have left through the tight budget constraints of the company. Not very forward thinking for a tech company.
Fast paced broadcast technology company.
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 12, 2016
I answer many technical questions every day for our customers. I have learned more about how content is produced and delivered to customers in the broadcast industry than I thought was possible. There are more managers and VP's in this company than any I have worked for in the past but the people I work with are the best group of people in the industry and everyone is here to support each other. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the latest technology which is good because it is also fun. That said I feel helping customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great colleagues, beautiful place to live.
Transition of TV industry to digital was difficult for GVG
Stockroom Supervisor, Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CAMarch 15, 2014
I started as an QC Inspector, and learned to check parts against the blueprints to insure all dimensions were within tolerance. I communicated with engineers to assure that the specifications on all incoming parts were being met. I was instrumental in revising the inspection procedure of printed circuit boards to more accurately reflect needed specifications.

As the company contracted and divisions merged, I was moved into Receiving where I became proficient at data entry.

My final months there I managed a stockroom containing a five million dollar inventory.

The hardest part of working at GVG during that decade was watching the continual contraction of the workforce. As I recall, the workforce contracted from over 1600 to less than 400 during the decade I was employed there.

Management was fair and very professional.

Co-workers were a varied lot. Many were excellent folks to work with.
Pros
Large corporation, good benefits, remarkable campus
Cons
Company was in decline at the time
Enjoyable job on a senior team
Contractor- Lead (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Work closely with the frame team to understand their needs and direct the efforts of the team in Malaysia to get that work implemented.
Fantastic opportunity that strengthened my channel sales development
Channel Sales Manager (U.S./Canada) (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CAFebruary 7, 2013
Overall my time at Grass Valley was exceptional. I continued to develop my skill set as a channel sales professional as well as enjoyed the members of my team that I worked with. Highly professional and dedicated.
Pros
direct supervisor was fantastic. strong leadership and strong product and industry knowledge.
Cons
career advancement was non-existant.
Fast-paced work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 12, 2012
This company has many very smart, hard working individuals.
Large broadcast systems for networks and local TV Stations
Customer support engineer (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CADecember 4, 2012
I started as a technician on large video systems. Advanced to technical support and into marketing.
Company has had several owners since I left. Went from a locally managed to being managed from France and now San Francisco.
Pros
best quality video products and service in the business
Cons
now a big corporation with 90 days foresight.

Want to know more about Grass Valley?

Ask a question