Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. Employee Reviews

Machine operator 2016 (Former Employee) –  Greenwood wiJanuary 14, 2017
Good place to work. Liked my boss alot but didn't like some of the other upper management who dictated but couldn't do the job. Hated working 2nd shift for the fact I never saw my kids or my sick husband loved the fact they worked with me to me off for my husband's appointments. Good pay but he at the consequences of 5 days off a month. The benefits of the job were awesome would have stayed if I could have gotten on 1st shift.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Getting off 5 days a mo. Lots of overtime.upper managment....
Flexible breaks and friendly management
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work involved running spray dryers and evaporators from a computer screen. Sometimes we needed to shut down and prepare the dryers or evaporators for the next production run.

Working at Grassland Dairy I've learned a lot of how the food industry works and more particularly with how evaporators and dryers work. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and Grassland Dairy has a very comprehensive training program with very educated management who freely share the more scientific principles of how the equipment worked with their employees.
Pros
Mostly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Working in hot environments
Bad management
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 7, 2017
Apparently this company is family based...but one mistake you make your out the door...doesnt matter if u have been perfect. Bad management.
Pros
Free health
Cons
Terrible management
Good benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 6, 2017
It was an amazing job. great benefits. great people. i have learned a lot at grassland dairy products. I really like to work for my second shift supervisor.
Great opportunities and room to grow!
Management (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WIDecember 21, 2016
I have opportunities every day to work with all levels of the company. The most common theme is everyone is willing to work hard and chip in to make improvements and get the job done. The ownership does a great job at reinvesting back into the company and the employees. Plenty of opportunity to grow if you're willing to put in the work.
Pros
Great benefits, good management, room for advancement
most of the time I work in a control room running big spray dryers
Dryer Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WIMay 30, 2015
A typical day at work is spent mostly in the control room every hour I have to go into the production areas and take samples and I try to walk through the floors a few times a night to look for problems.during my employment with Grassland I have learned about the value of a good safety program for both the company and the workers. Management has great to work with they listen to me when I share my ideas and treat everyone far. most of my co-workers are younger than me but we all seam to work together fine to spite our differences.The hardest part of my job is working in the hot dryer rooms.The most enjoyable part of my job is the many challenges there are with working with complex equipment and helping management improve production,quality, and safety in the plant.
Pros
a great benefit plan
Cons
long work schedule
Very time consuming and not very educated but great pay
Roethenberg/ General Labor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJuly 4, 2014
I started off as a general laborer on a 3rd shift position. My day was, I worked all night came home in the morning then slept all day, I woke up and had to basically go to work right away. I had no time to do anything. Some weeks I had to put in 63 hours. Granted they did pay overtime and never complained. The supervisors are what seems to be people who never furthered there education.
Pros
Paid breaks, Great health care benefits, and good pay
Cons
time consuming, working weekends and holidays are required
Good place to work. Friendly people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WINovember 24, 2013
Nice workplace. Friendly people. Nice management. Paid lunch break. Steady work days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grassland Dairy Products, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3