Location: Golden, CO with travel throughout the western US
Grasslands Consulting, Inc. is a natural resource consulting firm based in Golden, Colorado that specializes in wildlife and vegetation research, regulatory compliance, and impact assessment. We are looking for a senior biologist/project manager with at least 3 years of relevant experience. This position will be based out of our Golden, CO office, but will require extensive travel throughout the western US.
Duties for this position will include:
- Designing and overseeing projects, managing seasonal employees, and leading fieldwork for projects throughout Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado
- Communicating with clients, private land owners, and government agencies in a professional manner
- Managing, collecting, and overseeing data using GIS (ArcView)
- Preparing reports and NEPA documents
- Undergraduate degree in biology, wildlife sciences, or related field (graduate degree preferred)
- Strong western mammal, plant, and bird identification skills
- Experience managing biological field surveys for threatened, endangered, sensitive, and rare plant and animal species and their habitats
- Ability to pass drug tests
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
We are looking for a motivated and responsible individual to join our team of biologists. A qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate relevant experience managing projects from proposal stages through data collection and report preparation. This position requires strong leadership and communication skills, excellent time management, and professional experience in related positions.
Applicants must have experience conducting special status species surveys throughout Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado. Qualified candidates will have experience with GIS and GPS technology (ArcPad, ArcMap, and Trimble). Typical projects include nesting raptor surveys, greater-sage grouse lek counts and monitoring, nighttime owl surveys, small mammal trapping, and rare plant surveys. Physical fitness, a flexible nature, and a positive attitude are necessities for this position, as long hours in the field, extensive travel, and an unpredictable schedule are typical during the field season. Field work will occur throughout the western US, and office work will be based in our Golden, CO office.
This position will be open until an applicant is selected, with potential to start work as early as February 25.
Compensation will be determined based on experience. For the qualified applicant, we offer excellent compensation, opportunity for growth and advancement, and a flexible work environment. Health insurance and other benefits are also available.
Indeed - 12 months ago