About the Company:
Gravitant offers the next generation cloud broker and management technology that will enable IT to deliver cost savings, agility and innovation. Our cloud broker and management offering includes a cloudMatrix platform and a suite of integrated business and technology management applications. cloudMatrix applications are designed from the ground up to be consumed as on-demand, self-service applications.
We are located in North Austin.
11940 Jollyville Rd #325n, Austin, TX 78759
Gravitant is seeking a Java Developer to work with our innovative product development team, as a member of the solution delivery organization. The successful candidate will rapidly learn and use the latest Web 2.0 and J2EE server-side technologies to develop state-of-the-art web/portal applications to be used by business executives and consultants. The applications include Ajax components with Flash-based charts in dashboards for monitoring business/IT performance, and server-side components that consist of alert engines, data aggregation engines, and data optimization and analytics engines.
- Responsible for timely and successful solution delivery to customers and partners
- Implement pre-sales Proof of concept or prototype implementations
- Enable cloudMatrix based solutions in production
- Understand customer and partner requirements and end-user needs and drivers
- Translate functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Develop and implement solution architecture and design
- Work with product engineering and operations teams to manage the solution delivery
- Implement product customizations, integrations and extensions required for the solution
- Influence and Evolve product architecture and roadmap
- Design, and implement platform components, integration components, adapters and other modules as required
- Develop and manage Interoperability and integration APIs, toolkits, documentation, training, etc.
- Investigate new technologies and advances, especially in the areas of Web 2.0, rich client approaches, J2EE components and web services related to alerts, data aggregation, and optimization.
- Investigate and integrate with cloud service providers based on product roadmap and customer needs
- At least 2-3 years of Java application development in J2EE and web application technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related areas
- Experience working in customer facing technical organizations, preferably in software product companies
- Strong experience with J2EE and Java 6.
- Ability to read and analyze UML class diagrams
- Skilled in using Eclipse IDE for development and debugging
- Competency with SQL queries and relational database access
- Experience in at least one of the application servers - JBoss, WebSphere, or Oracle Application Server
- Proficiency in working with xml, maintain and enhance the xml based data required for the application
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
Familiarity with following tools/technologies
- Rational Software Modeler and/or Rational Rose
- Virtualization (especially VM virtualization) and Cloud based services
- Object-Oriented Modeling and Design with EJB 3.0
- ICEFaces JSF Framework and/or Spring Framework
- Web Services/REST Frameworks
- JBoss, MySQL, Hibernate, iBatis, FusionCharts, iText PDF
- Data import and export using Excel/PDF
- Expression languages (JEXL, Java Math)
- SMTP, LDAP, Web Services and Application Security (SSL)
Indeed - 16 months ago