Gravity Mobile is an award winning mobile development company, located in the SOMA district of San Francisco. We design and build innovative mobile applications with a focus on user design and interactions for Android, iPhone, iPad, and Blackberry.
We’ve worked with all facets of the mobile industry including large telecom, media, and device companies. Sony, Nielsen, FOX, Verizon Wireless, AT&T, NVIDIA, Pandora and Wieden+Kennedy are just a few of our clients. We’ve been finalist for Emmy’s, Cannes Lion Awards for Interactive design and development, and Mobile Merit Award winner for our iPhone app MusicID. We have a growing list of our own products including HABU, which was recently written up in both design and innovation magazines
In this role you will architect new client application software modules. Efficiently implement new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code.
Design and implement object oriented wrappers for REST-style APIs.
B.S. in CS with some professional experience or 4+ years of degree equivalent
- Proficiency in Java and an understanding of SQL
- Professional experience programming with the MVC pattern in a modern mobile application framework
- Expert level understanding of the Android user interface framework
- Experience publishing applications through the Android Market
- Experience building robust Services or Background Tasks that minimally impact battery life
- Experience with digital media (especially music related)
We offer competitive compensation, 401K match, vacation time, commuter checks, a full range of health benefits and the opportunity to learn and advance your career. Not to mention, the coolest technology, and a seemingly endless supply of snacks, organic fruit and fizzy water.