Gray Television Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace!
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 8, 2017
Everyone here is very friendly and educated. Work is non-stop but we have our moments of absolute fun. Our boss is active communicative and very detailed-oriented.
Gray TV
Marketing Partner (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 29, 2017
TV Advt. is a Commision based job, I like that, but do not appreciate being disrespected, lied to and harrassed. My Clients liked me, they are the ones who paid me by building trusting relationships.
Pros
You Earn what You work for, supposedly
Cons
Cut-throat, biased & childish behavior - CEO wasn't in on my situation.
Sink or Swim
Digital Media Director (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 8, 2017
I was given the job when management appeared to be unable to find anyone else to take the position. I received little guidance, which may have been a common thread at the time.
Probably the worse place I've ever worked
Technical Media Producer (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 20, 2017
I was treated like garbage by management and several coworkers. Had brought several issues to attention and never saw any results. I was expected to do the jobs of several people while others in my same position would do nothing. Basically this job is not worth the pathetic 11 bucks an hour that you'd be getting.
Pros
My family now talks to me again
Cons
Terrible management
Poor Management
Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 23, 2017
Some of this company, especially the particular stations where I worked, is poorly managed. The stations in Nebraska, with the exception of Omaha, are terrible places to work.
Most of the managers have terrible quality control, are in over their heads, and are not focused on the product and their staff. News staff schedules change constantly and without notice.
If you enjoy never having the same schedule, same days off each week, being surrounded by managers that pretend they know what they're talking about, but in reality are making horrible decisions that make no sense, then this is the place for you.
By combining operations partly with four stations that are connected to the Lincoln office, you have major deconstruction in communication, accuracy, and quality. It isn't working, but they have a lot of money in it, so this is the norm: lots of people who have no idea what they're doing.
Pros
None. No paid lunches, no holiday parties, no staff appreciation, no wellness program
Cons
Hourly staff are forced to lie on their timecards so that they don't get overtime.
Best place to work period.
Broadcast Engineer (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 26, 2017
I've never had a job that's treated me as well as this one. The people are friendly, management is very helpful. The benefits are great. Ive never had a better experience at a job.
Good company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 19, 2017
No complaints, sales department is 100% commission. Benefits are adequate, time off not the best. Only 6 holidays a year.
Pros
Local
Cons
100% Commission
Busy and fun
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Verifying credit, contact agencies on past due accounts, create spread sheets, working discrepancy invoices
· Reducing Account Receivable delinquency· Provide excellent customer service· Internal and external customer interface· Contact agencies 90-120+ to reduce account delinquency· Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances· Notify all stations regarding invoice discrepancy· Verify agencies who would like to do business with our company· Preform credit investigations for new clients and use my discretion to recommend a credit limit
Pros
good pay and health benifits
Cons
distance
Exciting and fun workplace with a sense of family.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 10, 2017
Really the best opportunity I've enjoyed. I'm always learning new ways to increase my sales and make more money. It's been great for my family and personal life as well.
Great Company
Traffic Hub Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 19, 2016
Lots of room for advancement, good pay, but health benefits could use some work. The PTO is awesome. This is a good career start and oppurtunity for anyone.
Pros
Great career oppurtunities
Cons
Health Insurance
Too judgemental and stressful
Traffic Hub Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 25, 2016
This was one of the worst experiences at a job ever. The turn over rate is extremely high.The job is stressful to say the least.
Great Atmoshphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 13, 2015
WHSV is a wonderful place to work. From the moment that you start your job here, they make you feel completely at home. This is a very high paced atmosphere though. There will be time for play occasionally but it is also very important that you work is done properly and within a timely manor.
Pros
They make you feel at home
Cons
Very busy
Great opportunity to learn skills and utilize them for staff and others
Broadcast Engineer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2015
1.Typical day at work was troubleshooting technical issues within the studio complex, news department, microwave transmissions, transmitter issues atop Sharps Ridge, as well as technical training to videographer staff as it relates to camera operation and calibration
2.What was learned- aspects of various video equipment of use in both studio and outside of studio as it relates to reporter usage of equipment given of equipment type.
3.Manaaged overall technical operations throughout all newscast as well as day to day operations.
4. C0-Workers- appreciated the time I took to show them equipment attributes and how to fully utilize the equipment out in the field for maximum utilization of efficiency.
5.Hardest Part of Job- Troubleshooting technical issues as it relates to on air events that are occurring and provide solutions in a timely manner.
6.Satisfaction in knowing that I could assist someone that uses the equipment in the field as well as making sure the equipment was within operational specifications prior to usage.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
laid off due to corporate cutbacks. Really enjoyed the job
Great Company - Gray
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 6, 2015
This is an ever growing broadcasting company. I have enjoyed working for and would continue to do so if it wasn't for the closing of the Albany office. Our office was responsible for all accounting on a corporate level. Good benefits, pay and bonuses.
Pros
Great Benefits, pay & bonus
Cons
Local office relocated to Atlanta