Graycor Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I was not impressed
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INJanuary 21, 2018
It could have been the job location or the onsite management, but I would not recommend this company to anyone. Spent many hours searching for tools and when requested we were told to find them.
Pros
pay
Cons
bad management, no tools or broken tools
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILJanuary 28, 2015
An overall friendly, laid back environment. The company has very traditional core values, which they are very focused on (people and relationships, open communication, work/ life balance)--and I've found the upper management to be very friendly and approachable.

For office staff; work-life balance is great for those that have families. Very modest working hours with flex summer schedules (off on Fridays) for office staff.

They also promote out-of-office social functions. They are a family-owned company but are growing rapidly and having record-breaking years, and are going through somewhat of a transition from a small organization to a larger one--and are starting to get some initiatives in place related to training, career development and succession planning, continuous improvement within operations, etc.
Pros
Still going through a transition phase, but making solid progress in putting more robust systems and programs in place.
productive
structural steel superintendent (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 20, 2015
My typical day would be giving a pre-job briefing covering rigging evolutions, safety, plant procedure and adherence, followed by getting the men in the field, then making sure all plans and questions were resolved. The best part of my day is the time I can spent men.
Very safe and productive atmosphere
Pipe Fitter/Material handler/QC assistance (Former Employee) –  Whiting IndianaDecember 3, 2013
Very professional work staff with a positive direction to complete work professionally, safely and on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graycor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6