Duties and Responsibilities
- Design new and modify existing lines of optical encoders to improve their overall performance, manufacturability, and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for complete mechanism product design in Cad (Pro-Engineer Wildfire 2.0) including tolerance studies and design for manufacturability.
- Responsible for engineering deliverables, including product design, printed circuit board design, final assembly drawings, piece part drawings (applying GD&T and critical characteristics), bill of materials, product specification, DFMEA, and program timing.
- Ensure that prototype samples meet appearance and functional performance standards and ensure completion of appropriate product validation testing.
- Collaborate directly with clients in order to accurately design new or customize existing products to fulfill their specified requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting defective optical encoders (8D analysis) to identify the root cause of failures, including developing and implementing strategic solutions and then formulating extensive pertinent reports for clients.
- Provide technical support to clients, suppliers, manufacturing engineers, and production personnel to ensure quality parts and efficient manufacturing processes are maintained.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering (BSME) required
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Pro-Engineer experience required
- Electro-mechanical experience a plus
- Ability to take a product from concept to production using the APQP process
- Extensive knowledge of plastic injection molding and machining processes
**Relocation expenses are not covered for this position.
Indeed - 11 months ago