Grayling Employee Reviews

Run.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
Awful place to work and grow a career. Hostile management, terrible culture. HR never keeps anything confidential. No room for advancement because there is no structure.
In bad state
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoAugust 25, 2015
Great benefits to keep you coming back the next day, but not enought to prevent you from slowly dying inside. Dinosaur agency that needs quicker thinkers, a more lateral environment, a truly "transparent" environment, and focus on keeping the talent they have. Smartest ones with most potential are leaving. Youngest ones who are giving their all are contemplating leaving also. This is because they're the ones really keeping the accounts alive when the people at the top stay more removed from day to day account work.
Poor culture. Political. Poor treatment of employees.
Senior level (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2015
After the merge, the culture became highly political and tense. It was difficult to get answers on anything. People who were under pressure would yell at others and it was acceptable. A lot of great people really gave the merge a chance but once they realized management was not true to their word about the culture and direction, they all started to jump ship. It's a disorganized and unhappy place.
Pros
Benefits package. Telecommuting.
Cons
Everything else.
Great expereinces
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  GraylingSeptember 12, 2014
I usually started my day by preparing the surgical suite for use, then I would monitor the patient's blood pressure, O2 absorption and body temperature and I also would clip their toenails while they were under. I cleaned the clinic, kennels, restrained animals and restocked exam rooms. The most enjoyable part of working there was seeing all the different animals, working with them and the clinical educational aspect. The hardest part of the job was when an ill animal had to be put down. It was always difficult but to know the animal was given a painless death was always comforting.
Pros
Great first hand experiences in the field of my studies
Cons
Death of patients
Friendly atmosphere combined with the high level of professional experience and learning from other employees
Lifestyle PR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 12, 2013
A day at work included different scope of activities: from daily report sumbission to the client, moving on to the press-release creation and pitching, finishing with dealing with urgent issues such as negative customer sentiment.

The most enjoyable part of the job: ability to work with the members of different teams like Social Media and Corporate Affairs
Pros
Amazing location
Cons
Small kitchen
A great company to get the most extensive experience in the entry-level stage of your PR career
Corporate Communications/IR Associate/Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2012
While working at Grayling, I had an amazing opportunity to work with clients directly, secured my first media placements and simply had a lot of fun.