GRBS, Inc. Employee Reviews

Garbage job
General cleaner (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 9, 2017
I've worked for GRBS for a little more than a month now and I'd have to say this job is the biggest joke there is. During the summer cleaning you're constantly yelled at about stuff from the higher up people. All the bosses and supers are constantly contradicting themselves and everyone says something different. Since I've started working here, I haven't heard anything about insurance, we don't get time off, and the pay is almost nothing compared to how much stress and things you have to put up with in this company. Do not work here.. you will regret it.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else
August 10, 2017

I'm so sorry to hear your experience is not going as you would like. Without more details it is difficult to answer your concerns. However, it is not typical for our leadership to address concerns by yelling at some one.

Being here just a little more than a month, you would not yet qualify for insurance. Those in insurance eligible positions may select coverage choices after 90 days. Also, it would be too early for you to have accumulated time off. Those with service time accumulate one week's vacation after a year, along with six paid holidays and personal time.

I am glad you like your co-workers. Overall, it sounds that perhaps cleaning may not be the right fit for you but I do invite you to reach out to me to discuss your experience. If there is something I may do to assist to improve your current experience, I welcome the opportunity to listen and try.

To much drama
Team Member (Former Employee) –  640 Romence RdJuly 25, 2017
The employees were very unprofessional and i would not recommend anybody to work there. The hours were good and i was always able to pick up extra shifts.
July 26, 2017

So sorry to hear that the relationship with your co-workers were not what you had hoped for, especially since it sounds like you liked the work, the core hours and when available, the extra hours.

I invite you to reach out to me to discuss the specifics of your situation and explore if a different setting would be a better fit for you.

GRBS, Inc.

company does not like to listen to employees
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 24, 2017
I worked for GRBS for aalmost a year. I loved my job took a lot of pride in what i did. I worked hard all school year and into the summer for them. They are never happy I had one of the cleanest schools in their district. It didn't matter all they did was put pressure on employees in the summer about dead lines and drove some of their best employees out. Don't not work for this company they are not very understanding of anyone. Schools if you can go back to private cleaners through the schools.
Pros
not too many
Cons
stress stress stress
July 26, 2017

So sorry to hear that your year of service with us hasn't not ended well for you.

We work hard to listen to our employees and the struggle is always to hear the balance from both sides to create a relationship that works for everyone.

We continue to take pride in our employee relationships and service with the schools. Since you worked for us for almost a year and took pride in your work, you must have agreed that your work, at the work of others, is important for the success of the schools and students.

Should you wish to further explore your experience with us, I invite you to call me at the office. I promise I will listen.

GRBS, Inc.

Advancement is non existent here
Custodial Lead (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIJuly 13, 2017
I have been trying to move up for 2 years now. I got a single bump up and was told im too young to move up into management and my boss blocked every potential chance i got to move up.
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
advancement, age based positions
July 14, 2017

Internal promotional opportunities are based upon performance, attitude, attendance and work results.

I invite you to reach out to me to discuss your desire for a new opportunity so that we may review your history and future desire. I'm here to assist and listen so please, give me a call at the office.

Smooth Pace
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth- Canton, MIJuly 13, 2017
We come in and plan out our day than get to cleaning. We got another lead who is cool but also about his stuff. Leadership was struggling but now its getting better. We need more leaders like the lead here, who works at a steady pace at the goal, is a team player, young, and knows their stuff. Hardest part of the job is its not clear sometimes who is the boss.
Pros
Bosses high and low level
Cons
Zero at the time
July 14, 2017

How great to hear that your leader is informed and a good at leading your team.

It would be great if you would give me a call and let me know who your leader is so that I may pass on the compliment to this person.

Thank you for sharing the great news with us.

Easy job
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIJuly 13, 2017
A typical day during the working season is to just come in do about 3 maybe 4 hours of cleaning and just relaxing the rest of the day. We have alot of down time. I learned cleaning doesnt require much effort. Management is rude but thats typical, work place culture is neautral, the hardest part of the job is never having suppiles we need, the most enjoyable part is down time.
Pros
down time
Cons
supplies, summer off
July 14, 2017

I am concerned that your productivity appears to be low (based upon your comments above). Your job description should be full.

Good cleaning requires a lot of effort and respect to the process. I have to challenge whether or not you are giving your best every day.

I will have your manager follow up with you to make sure you have a full understanding of your daily expectations so that everyone wins based upon your results.

Horrible company
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 12, 2017
I was assigned to a job and I couldn't make it. My pregnant girlfriend got into a bad car accident which stopped transportation to the site for me. They didn't care at all and didn't even bother to try and place me somewhere new. No calls, emails nothing! I went through the whole process and orientation the least they could do is reach out. You guys constantly post job openings yet haven't called me in 3 months for a new opportunity.
Pros
Cons
Never got a chance to work
July 13, 2017

Your circumstances sound unusual and I am usually made aware of such occurances.

I invite you to contact me to review your circumstances. With discussion and documentation we'll be able to discuss your return.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Every day something new
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIJuly 11, 2017
I was laid off in the summer by surprise. i started in the middle of the school year and i was just thrown into a building with a list of stuff to do and a set of keys. i was not trained by anyone fully. management is very rude when you ask for help . they told me they are paid to make sure shifts are covered not to help clean or send someone because my work load is to big. i wouldnt recommend this job to a homeless person
Pros
garaunteed check
Cons
bosses, support, training
July 12, 2017

So sorry to hear your experience hasn't gone well. GRBS has great training and develomental programs so I am surprised to hear about your trianing experience.

I am pleased to hear that you have been paid accurately and timely.

I welcome an opportunity to speak with you to better understand your experience. Please give me a call and let's talk to see if can figure out how to make it better for you.

Last Summer
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIJuly 11, 2017
I have had my run GRBS and its "management system". Its a easy job, the school i work at is packed with cool staff and awesome students but its management isn't supportive to any degree. Management uses us as a way to blow off steam. And they are not all like that HR is cool, night managers are ok at times but others are rude and incapable of respect.
Pros
easy job
Cons
pay and management/ operations
July 12, 2017

I invite you to give me a call to further discuss the details of your experience.

It is great to hear that that you had good experiences with Human Resources and the night leadership team.

I look forward to hearing from you to work thru concerns and opportunities.

I love the company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 9, 2017
It was just a fun company to work for the people was friendly and the hours was good and the pay was good, and good benefits,and I learned how to clean better.
July 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is always encouraging to hear that our investment in programming, training, benefits are successful! We work hard to be the employer of choice for our team members.

Thanks for sharing and letting everyone know that there are lots of positives to joining our team!

GRBS, Inc.

Benefits, training, with a side of fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 5, 2017
I have been with the company for 7 years. It's the cleaning industry, there aren't daily bells and whistles, but if you like to have fun, get good training and be paid high for the industry, I would recommend GRBS.

Training continues year after year and this not only helps with the work but it also makes you feel like you're a part of the team and keeps things fun.

GRBS offers a competitive benefit package for employees that most others in the industry don't offer. This is an added bonus for those looking to get benefits through the workplace.

At the end of the day, I am glad I chose GRBS and I am glad they continue to choose me.
Pros
Good training, benefits, good pay
Cons
Not always easy work
July 6, 2017

So happy to hear that you are having a good time being a part of the GRBS family.

Wages and a good work environment are very important but having fun with on-going training is equally important. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. It is always great to hear, and share, great work experiences.

Meh Company
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 3, 2017
Started as sub, finally ended as lead custodian. Typical cleaning company. At times went you need help, there isn't any. Micro-managing would cut into work.
Pros
benefits if you are full-time
Cons
lack of over-time
July 6, 2017

Thanks for sharing your story of growth with GRBS. You are a great example of working your way up to earn a Lead Custodial position.

If you wish to explore a returning opportunity, please give us a call to discuss it! :)

Horrible
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 30, 2017
Worse company ever. They don't listen to peoples issues when you call. There way or no way.
They get rid of good working people but will keep letting people who call in 3 times a week. And will re hire anyone because they are so desperate. OH AND THIS IS NOT THE HUGHEST PAYING CLEANING JOB THEY WILL TELL U THAT BUT OTHER PLACES ARE STARTING AT 10-11 am hr they start at 9.25 and the work is not worth the pay.
July 1, 2017

I am so sorry to hear that your experience has not gone well. I invite you to call me to share the details of your experience. From your message above I am unable to evaluate the full picture including your comments about pay rates. We have absolutely have pay rate ranges that may start at $9.25 and then others that start at $10 to $12.

It sounds like perhaps the work was not a good fit for you but I appreciate that you tried.

GRBS, Inc.

Room for advancement, but long hours.
Trainer / District Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 29, 2017
Job security and advancement opportunities are available. The training programs are well thought out and for the most part, needed for most employees. Ninety % of jobs are 2nd shift and if the building is not completed by the end of the shift, supervisors are expected to stay until the building is finished.
Pros
Advancement opportunities.
Cons
Long hours.
July 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing about your job. Your position as a Trainer is very important and we appreciate that you recognize the strengths of GRBS including growth and advancement, great training and absolutely job security. :)

You are correct in that your hours in a training position may well go beyond the 8 hours a night. Trainers represent leadership and get to take responsibility for validating the work of others which may well take them later into an evening. Your willngness to step up and accept the overtime to validate conditions is greatly appreciated.

Supplemental income
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 27, 2017
Worked part time for GRBS on and off for two years. At first, GRBS was a good fit, fast forward a year and management changed. After that it was all down hill. Put in for a vacation 32 days in advance, and the new manager denied the request. I already had several hundreds of non-refundable dollars into this trip, so I just quit.
Pros
steady paced light work
Cons
New manager
June 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. So sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your resignation. I invite you to give me a call to discuss this and explore an opportunity to try again as it certainly sounds like a communication glitch happened.

It is great to hear that overall your experience was a good one and that you enjoyed the experience.

Thank you for having chosen GRBS as your employer of choice and I welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

its a good job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 22, 2017
its good work with good pay. depending on where you work within the company it may be seasonal. it has come up where they will put you as an "on call" employee, which is a bit of an inconvenience.
June 23, 2017

So happy to learn that you find the work rewarding. We have a variety of positions that are year round and some of them seasonal, off for 10 weeks in the summer, with a return date in August of each year. I invite you to stay connected with HR Rep and Account Manager as it is common for work to be available thru out the summer. Thank you for choosing GRBS as your employer of choice.

GRBS, Inc.

This is a company where people do great things to serve the customer, and help each other!
Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2017
It is always amazing to see the many ways this company empowers its employees. So much assistance is offered behind the scenes to help someone succeed at their job. It might be providing a car repair, groceries, clothing for kids after a fire...the list goes on and on. No one sees that when a former employee, who stole from the customer or who slept on the job, fires a flaming review at their former employer.

Over and over I see this company seeking to train and develop their people. We provide more hours of training each year to our team members than any other competitor. Developing each person, and giving them a path to advance is not just words here at GRBS. It is what we do each day.
July 4, 2017

Thank you for sharing. We value our employees and appreciate the opportunity to help everyone succeed, developing a family environment.

Thank you for making GRBS your employer of choice!

GRBS, Inc.

Needs better management and better displine/structure
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJune 3, 2017
Your typical days is never your typical day. Every time you go in chances are you are doing something different. At least that's how it is at for the location that I work at. There is so much petty drama and bickering and the worst part is the supervisor is usually apart of it. There are lazy people who think because they have been there longer they don't need to put in as much work or be a team player. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job. My pay is decent for a cleaning job. I just wish they would get it together because people quit just because of all the unnecessary talk that goes on. More stability is needed. But if you don't mind a job just clocking in, putting headphones in and knocking out your job for the next 4/8 hours with out talking to many then this is the place for you.
Pros
half off membership
Cons
limited work with too many people on one shift
June 5, 2017

That you for sharing your experience with us. Aside from concerns with co-workers, it sounds like you liked your job.
I appreciate that you found the pay to be fair, the work was good with lots of variety and the perk with the half off the club membership.

Thank you for having chosen GRBS as your employer. We wish you the best.

1.800.441.4463

There is always work to do if you want the hours
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIMay 30, 2017
I've worked at GRBS on and off for several years now. I used the company as a way to get some extra cash when needed by being a sub cleaner. The pay was and is not that great. If you are fresh out of high school and looking for work this is the place for you. My opinion is that unless you are a supervisor do not expect to support a family by working for GRBS. I recently the past year came on "part time" still working 40hr/week at GRBS. I will say I love the building I am in and the staff that work at this school are wonderful.

For GRBS I will say this... The training is great. You can do the work and for most people its not beyond common knowledge. You're cleaning and its simple to do. Hopefully most of you do it in your own homes on a regular basis. The supervisors I have worked under have been available, supportive and hard working people. They have made the job easier. My only and I mean absolutely only issue with GRBS is the pay.
Pros
Good Management, Plenty of hours available, advancement opportunities, Positive work enviroment
Cons
Average Pay
May 31, 2017

It is great to hear that our system works! We appreciate being able to have folks such as yourself as part of our team that are ready and available to support our customers. It sounds like your flexibility and positive attitude, as well as a great work ethic, are a firm foundation for your success with us.

It is also great to hear that the Training has been good and that our leadership team has been there for you.

Thank you for choosing GRBS as your employer of choice.

1.800.441.4463

Productive and laid back work place
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cassopolis, MIMay 26, 2017
You're basically put into whatever building they assign you. School, government building or bank pretty much. You clean the area they tell you to, and are expected to get that done along with whatever else they say. I learned that to work with them, you have to be extremely flexible and willing to over time hours, or else you're looked down upon. The culture is pretty laid back depending on who you work with and where. The hardest part of the job is when others dont do their job. If they forget to put something in it's place, like a vacuum that you like to use, you're stuck with a heavy vac pac. Or you have to use other sprays for things they're not supposed to be used for. Also if you work in the building alone, its pretty scary. They also didn't provide the amount of lighting outside when I took garbage out at night, and that was the most irritating thing.
Pros
listen to music, not too demanding
Cons
scary at night, not enough lighting, rude managers
May 29, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. You review sounds like you enjoyed your position, including the independence and the results of your work. So sorry to hear that your work relationship with your co-workers was not as a great as it could have been. Should you wish any of the details further I invite a call to me. It sounds like there is an opportunity to help with details that could improve the support the team offers to each other. I thank you for having selected GRBS as your employer of choice. Should you wish to explore returning, please reach out to me.
1.800.441.4463

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GRBS, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9