GRBS, Inc. Employee Reviews

when I got to work with others, I got to meet interesting people
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2016
With this company the possibilities where there but execution and support to reach goals were lacking, this type of work with previously stated situation leads to a lot of work to be accomplished in a short time.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
lacked the proper tool to complete jobs alot
Family oriented and fun place to work!
District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South regionSeptember 18, 2016
People sign up for this job thinking it is just a flick of a duster, empty some trash and go home. This is a fast pace hardworking job it takes a lot of energy to get the job done. This company has been my family for the past 4 years and I'm almost to my 5th year it has been an awesome ride as I started off as a sub and am now one of the South region managers. Can't wait to see what the future holds.
fun place to work for
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 18, 2016
i working for grbs because its fun and the people are great they listen and they understand when you need them the most you have a good job when you work for GRBS.
Pros
Flexibility, hours, wages
Love it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2016
I love grbs such a great place to work and to make others feel great about the work you have done such a great place to work. it was different but I love it and so will everyone else
The work was fine
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 14, 2016
Lost their contracts, and didn't pay the correct rate as told in contract. Unorganized we went without materials a lot.
Growth Opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMay 17, 2016
Never thought about working for a cleaning company but with all the promotion opportunities I've earned I wouldn't think about leaving.
Pros
Family environment

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thanks for the review. It's because of employees like you that we've continued our growth.

Lead custodian (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2016
Been employed for three years. Overall great place that goes out of their way for all their employees. Some days there is a lot work but balanced out with a group of people that's like my second family!
Pros
Co-workers, managers, different every day

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thank you for your comment. It was great to celebrate your 3rd anniversary with you. We hope you've enjoyed the annual increase. Keep up the great work

Great company to work for
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 15, 2016
I have worked here for several years and I have no issues with them. They are honest, the management is great. The pay is fair. I don't see myself leaving. Thank you so much GRBS!

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thank you for the review. Our leadership team has worked very hard to ensure training is top notch. Our employees satisfaction surveys conducted this Spring share the same thoughts as you. We're glad to hear the job is going so well. We recently increased pay rates in Portage too as a 'thank you' for all the hard work as we know there are options for other places of employment

Productive and fun place to work for
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hartland, MIApril 10, 2016
Very friendly atmosphere, All the management and co workers are very friendly, to me there isn't a hard part of a job they will teach and train you,
Pros
Mon-fri job mostly with the exception of working one Saturday or Sunday a month, and that's only 4 hrs so it isn't bad
Cons
None as far as I'm concerned

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thank you for the review. A lot of staff love only having to work 1 weekend a month especially when you get to pick the day! We appreciate all the hard work in this year. Keep it up!

A fun company to work for
Bank Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Clarkson,michiganApril 8, 2016
GRBS is a really good company to work for.management is really friendly and willing to work with you.i really like working here.
Pros
Very flexiable, no set time that you have to be there
Cons
Just a little more pay
Josh Hurd Company Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 8, 2016
I currently work for the company as a supervisor over all it is a great company to work for and we take care of are people we love employing people we are also expanding so your potential is never caped at Just a cleaner you are important to all aspects of the company we love seeing people succeed pays great and we work with everyone as far as time off and everything goes it. Hope to see you out on the floor.
Pros
Breaks Vacation Pay
Cons
none really

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thanks for the great review especially as a new employee! We love to offer all employees paid vacation and holiday pay. Just another small way GRBS goes above and beyond for our staff too!

Great company!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainwell, MIApril 6, 2016
As long as you can put in the effort and get along with others, it's a great company to work for!

Everybody supports each other and can make the workplace fun.

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review. Your right, the work can be hard some days but having a supportive team certainly does make it fun. Get ready for our end of the year party in June!

people are great
custodian (Current Employee) –  Belding, MIApril 3, 2016
This job is very flexible with our schedule ...they will try and make what best for u work for them I have worked here sent September and I love the work the people work with are great
Pros
it really close to where i live and i still get most of my time with my son witch i love
Cons
i think we should make a little more for what we do but it still good money

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thank you for the review! With the 100 year history GRBS has it is a great benefit we can offer to have flexible schedules that allow you to work another job, attend school, or just enjoy your non-work time.

Great people. Helped me get a car
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Parchment, MIMarch 31, 2016
Love my district and my coworkers. My boss is awesome and im glad I was able to score a full time job.awesome people. My boss was willing to provide rides to and from work daily.
Pros
Overtime oppurtunities not rare
Cons
Job can take longer than youd hope sometimes

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thank you for the review. We're so glad to help you get that car! For people willing to do project work or work weekends, overtime is an option on occasion. We are finishing up our 1st year in Parchment and looking foward for the next several years to come. Nice job!

Great People and weekends off.
1st shift cleaner (Current Employee) –  Parchment, MIMarch 31, 2016
GRBS has a great working environment with a great staff. Having weekends off is the best part and the school staff is always really nice. Expect to work hard but have a fun time.
Pros
Weekends off

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thanks for the comment. We are always looking for the best when it comes to 1st shift as you're in front of the customers at all times. GRBS is one of very few companies where working the weekends is only once/weekend. When we are recruiting it's always a big selling point. It's nice to see it's a reality for you on the job.

unorganized.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIMarch 27, 2016
Equipment is poor, management was never around, your always in the dark, and the training process was horrible. The HR rep didn't even know how much you were gonna get paid, or if you were going to work full time or part time hours.
Pros
flexible schedule for those looking for a part time position
Cons
laid off in the summer, too much time off because of all the holidays, almost no training

Comment – May 19, 2016

Thank you so much for your review. While we hope every employee has a positive experience, I'm sorry to hear that yours was not. We call every exiting employee to find out how we could have improved but haven't heard from you yet. Please feel free to reach out to myself at our main office or email cdruckenmiller@grbsinc.com

Good job/not great pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Buffalo, MIMarch 11, 2016
Management was great. Always there when I had a question.
Not many hours available though. Didn't seem worth the drive to clean a bank for 1 1/2 hours at 9.00 an hr.
It'd be ok for someone who lives close by the building they are cleaning. Or as supplemental income.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not enough pay
Not the best
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 5, 2016
Its a pretty lame place to work. Supervisors trying to micromanage you and act like cleaning toilets is the most important thing in the entire world. Managers trying to get you to come in and clean for an hour, get outa here. Job sucks, better places to make slave wages.
Pros
Cons
everything
Idiots and not very professional.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 20, 2016
I worked for GRBS for 2 weeks and quit. They would promise one thing and deliver something different. The staff is very un-professional and couldnt pilot a car going down the interstate highway. This is the worse company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Not Professional and full of lies.
Very very horrible place to work
Custodial Lead (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 18, 2016
I would not recommend this job to anyone not even if you are desperate. Management is horrible everyone from the top boss down to the bottom are full of lies. You get no annual increase can't get in contact with anyone if your life depended on it. The only thing that made this job tolerable was the school I worked at and my Co workers. The principal and staff were great wish I could of directly worked for the school instead of grbs. Good luck to anyone who works here you will not get far even if u think you're one of the favorites.
Pros
Principal teachers co workers
Cons
Horrible management lies no annual increase con artists and the list goes on

2.8