GRBS, Inc. Employee Reviews

I love the company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 9, 2017
It was just a fun company to work for the people was friendly and the hours was good and the pay was good, and good benefits,and I learned how to clean better.
July 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is always encouraging to hear that our investment in programming, training, benefits are successful! We work hard to be the employer of choice for our team members.

Thanks for sharing and letting everyone know that there are lots of positives to joining our team!

GRBS, Inc.

Benefits, training, with a side of fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 5, 2017
I have been with the company for 7 years. It's the cleaning industry, there aren't daily bells and whistles, but if you like to have fun, get good training and be paid high for the industry, I would recommend GRBS.

Training continues year after year and this not only helps with the work but it also makes you feel like you're a part of the team and keeps things fun.

GRBS offers a competitive benefit package for employees that most others in the industry don't offer. This is an added bonus for those looking to get benefits through the workplace.

At the end of the day, I am glad I chose GRBS and I am glad they continue to choose me.
Pros
Good training, benefits, good pay
Cons
Not always easy work
July 6, 2017

So happy to hear that you are having a good time being a part of the GRBS family.

Wages and a good work environment are very important but having fun with on-going training is equally important. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. It is always great to hear, and share, great work experiences.

Meh Company
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 3, 2017
Started as sub, finally ended as lead custodian. Typical cleaning company. At times went you need help, there isn't any. Micro-managing would cut into work.
Pros
benefits if you are full-time
Cons
lack of over-time
July 6, 2017

Thanks for sharing your story of growth with GRBS. You are a great example of working your way up to earn a Lead Custodial position.

If you wish to explore a returning opportunity, please give us a call to discuss it! :)

Horrible
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 30, 2017
Worse company ever. They don't listen to peoples issues when you call. There way or no way.
They get rid of good working people but will keep letting people who call in 3 times a week. And will re hire anyone because they are so desperate. OH AND THIS IS NOT THE HUGHEST PAYING CLEANING JOB THEY WILL TELL U THAT BUT OTHER PLACES ARE STARTING AT 10-11 am hr they start at 9.25 and the work is not worth the pay.
July 1, 2017

I am so sorry to hear that your experience has not gone well. I invite you to call me to share the details of your experience. From your message above I am unable to evaluate the full picture including your comments about pay rates. We have absolutely have pay rate ranges that may start at $9.25 and then others that start at $10 to $12.

It sounds like perhaps the work was not a good fit for you but I appreciate that you tried.

GRBS, Inc.

Room for advancement, but long hours.
Trainer / District Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 29, 2017
Job security and advancement opportunities are available. The training programs are well thought out and for the most part, needed for most employees. Ninety % of jobs are 2nd shift and if the building is not completed by the end of the shift, supervisors are expected to stay until the building is finished.
Pros
Advancement opportunities.
Cons
Long hours.
July 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing about your job. Your position as a Trainer is very important and we appreciate that you recognize the strengths of GRBS including growth and advancement, great training and absolutely job security. :)

You are correct in that your hours in a training position may well go beyond the 8 hours a night. Trainers represent leadership and get to take responsibility for validating the work of others which may well take them later into an evening. Your willngness to step up and accept the overtime to validate conditions is greatly appreciated.

its a good job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 22, 2017
its good work with good pay. depending on where you work within the company it may be seasonal. it has come up where they will put you as an "on call" employee, which is a bit of an inconvenience.
June 23, 2017

So happy to learn that you find the work rewarding. We have a variety of positions that are year round and some of them seasonal, off for 10 weeks in the summer, with a return date in August of each year. I invite you to stay connected with HR Rep and Account Manager as it is common for work to be available thru out the summer. Thank you for choosing GRBS as your employer of choice.

GRBS, Inc.

This is a company where people do great things to serve the customer, and help each other!
Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2017
It is always amazing to see the many ways this company empowers its employees. So much assistance is offered behind the scenes to help someone succeed at their job. It might be providing a car repair, groceries, clothing for kids after a fire...the list goes on and on. No one sees that when a former employee, who stole from the customer or who slept on the job, fires a flaming review at their former employer.

Over and over I see this company seeking to train and develop their people. We provide more hours of training each year to our team members than any other competitor. Developing each person, and giving them a path to advance is not just words here at GRBS. It is what we do each day.
July 4, 2017

Thank you for sharing. We value our employees and appreciate the opportunity to help everyone succeed, developing a family environment.

Thank you for making GRBS your employer of choice!

GRBS, Inc.

Needs better management and better displine/structure
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJune 3, 2017
Your typical days is never your typical day. Every time you go in chances are you are doing something different. At least that's how it is at for the location that I work at. There is so much petty drama and bickering and the worst part is the supervisor is usually apart of it. There are lazy people who think because they have been there longer they don't need to put in as much work or be a team player. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job. My pay is decent for a cleaning job. I just wish they would get it together because people quit just because of all the unnecessary talk that goes on. More stability is needed. But if you don't mind a job just clocking in, putting headphones in and knocking out your job for the next 4/8 hours with out talking to many then this is the place for you.
Pros
half off membership
Cons
limited work with too many people on one shift
June 5, 2017

That you for sharing your experience with us. Aside from concerns with co-workers, it sounds like you liked your job.
I appreciate that you found the pay to be fair, the work was good with lots of variety and the perk with the half off the club membership.

Thank you for having chosen GRBS as your employer. We wish you the best.

1.800.441.4463

There is always work to do if you want the hours
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIMay 30, 2017
I've worked at GRBS on and off for several years now. I used the company as a way to get some extra cash when needed by being a sub cleaner. The pay was and is not that great. If you are fresh out of high school and looking for work this is the place for you. My opinion is that unless you are a supervisor do not expect to support a family by working for GRBS. I recently the past year came on "part time" still working 40hr/week at GRBS. I will say I love the building I am in and the staff that work at this school are wonderful.

For GRBS I will say this... The training is great. You can do the work and for most people its not beyond common knowledge. You're cleaning and its simple to do. Hopefully most of you do it in your own homes on a regular basis. The supervisors I have worked under have been available, supportive and hard working people. They have made the job easier. My only and I mean absolutely only issue with GRBS is the pay.
Pros
Good Management, Plenty of hours available, advancement opportunities, Positive work enviroment
Cons
Average Pay
May 31, 2017

It is great to hear that our system works! We appreciate being able to have folks such as yourself as part of our team that are ready and available to support our customers. It sounds like your flexibility and positive attitude, as well as a great work ethic, are a firm foundation for your success with us.

It is also great to hear that the Training has been good and that our leadership team has been there for you.

Thank you for choosing GRBS as your employer of choice.

1.800.441.4463

Productive and laid back work place
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cassopolis, MIMay 26, 2017
You're basically put into whatever building they assign you. School, government building or bank pretty much. You clean the area they tell you to, and are expected to get that done along with whatever else they say. I learned that to work with them, you have to be extremely flexible and willing to over time hours, or else you're looked down upon. The culture is pretty laid back depending on who you work with and where. The hardest part of the job is when others dont do their job. If they forget to put something in it's place, like a vacuum that you like to use, you're stuck with a heavy vac pac. Or you have to use other sprays for things they're not supposed to be used for. Also if you work in the building alone, its pretty scary. They also didn't provide the amount of lighting outside when I took garbage out at night, and that was the most irritating thing.
Pros
listen to music, not too demanding
Cons
scary at night, not enough lighting, rude managers
May 29, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. You review sounds like you enjoyed your position, including the independence and the results of your work. So sorry to hear that your work relationship with your co-workers was not as a great as it could have been. Should you wish any of the details further I invite a call to me. It sounds like there is an opportunity to help with details that could improve the support the team offers to each other. I thank you for having selected GRBS as your employer of choice. Should you wish to explore returning, please reach out to me.

Awesome
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 18, 2017
The interview process was easy to go through and the orientation process was easy as well. The whole experience was great and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a job in the school.
May 19, 2017

I am pleased to hear that your application and orientation process has gone so well. Sounds like Rachel did a great job assisting you thru this process and preparing you for a great work experience. Please know that should you have any questions, we are always here to help. Thank you for selecting GRBS as your employer of choice. And, yes, please tell your friends and family to apply with us. Our referral program, Buddy Bonus Program, is an easy way to earn an extra $25 per hired referral! Thanks for thinking of us!

Deceitful and Unorganized.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 17, 2017
This company is horrible. They are deceitful and aknowledge that they are. My manager told me this is why they are trying to change the training process.You train at the High school where the work is okay. After training they put you in the elementary school and it is not worth what they pay you to do.. I would advice before leaving your current job to test it out and I guarantee you will not stay..
Pros
It is a paycheck you work hard for.
Cons
Poor Management and deceitful
May 18, 2017

I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been as positive as you had hoped.
I invite you to give me a call to discuss your concerns. Our mission is to provide a meaningful, positive work experience and in those rare moments it doesn't happen, it is helpful to be able to discuss it to improve it for everyone.
I invite you to call me at 1.800.441.4463 to discuss this with me.

Excellent company
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 11, 2017
I have not work here for very long, but I had an awesome experience so far. The orientation is very in depth, I had a wonderful training experience, and management is very hard working. Even with their busy schedules, they still managed to stop by and show us their appreciation! They will randomly stop by and throw us a pizza party or bring us pop and snacks. I plan on sticking with GRBS long term.
Pros
Free pizza, pay, Management
Cons
None so far
May 15, 2017

Welcome to our GRBS Family. It is great to hear that your training and work experiences are going well. If there is anything we can do for you to help with your continued work success, please reach out to us. Thank you for choosing GRBS as your employer of choice.

Great introduction.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Comstock, MIMay 2, 2017
Fantastic interview process. Enjoyable people and large amounts of charisma. Easy and quick orientation, with a well thought out process that teaches you the required information only.
Pros
Flexible hours, good orientation
May 3, 2017

Thank you for the great input on your experience with GRBS. So happy to hear that the hiring process was easy to navigate and informative every step of the way.
We look forward to building a great working relationship with you and our team.

Wonderful work environment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 25, 2017
The management and HR teams really do their best to make everyone feel welcome! They understand life happens and are accomodating to a flexible schedule. As busy as management can be, they take the time to listen and resolve problems as quickly as possible.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing how positive your experience is with GRBS. We all do our best to support each other and we appreciate your flexibility and willingness to engage with us to keep GRBS moving forward. Thanks to great team members such as yourself, we all continue to grow together.

1.800.441.4463

Outstanding orientation very good information for new employees to take to there new position
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 25, 2017
Very helpful material, great teacher that help us through all of the material we needed to know to start our journey with GRBS.She was very thorough with the class, asking did we have any questions for her so to me it looks like we will be able to accomplish alot with this great company because you have a great leader.
April 26, 2017

So happy to hear that your experience as a new team member with GRBS is going well. Sounds like Rachel did a great job helping to prepare you for your on-site work experience. Thank you for choosing GRBS and if we may do anything for you, please reach out to us.

Benifits/rewards
School Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 25, 2017
Many ways to earn extra hours and many nice little perks, along with professional training. The pay is also good along with available overtime. I am very excited to be working at GRBS.
Pros
Pay, benifits
April 26, 2017

Thank you for chosing GRBS. We're pleased that you are a part of our family.
Great pay, balanced hours to fit a multitude of schedules and a team that cares about each other - these are all the things that help us all continue to move forward into 102nd year of service. Thank you for sharing with us.

Family Focused Company That Cares
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2017
GRBS goes above and beyond to help their employees. This company treats their employees like family, and would do anything to help. Many times employees are in need in some fashion, but don't always speak up. The HR team reaches out to those and finds ways to help them.
Pros
Parties and gatherings for team building.
April 13, 2017

Thank you for the kind and supportive comments. GRBS appreciates and values our team members so we consistently look for ways to assist them which sometimes lets us creatively think and financially support folks who working to get thru each and every day.
Thank you for taking the time to share this with us and others. You are appreciated!
1.800.441.4463

For assistant supervisor for district and supervisor on call duty at any time.
Supervisor of custodial (Former Employee) –  Grand rapids michiganApril 10, 2017
Clock in ATA,take fifteen minutes with day shift custodian and night custodians.look over event schedualing,set up cart ,pull trash clean windows.Take security measures along the way doors and windows.Deep clean schedualed rooms as job description ,kitchen trash,restroom and floors every day.common areas vacuuming .I cleaned half the building,gym floor's,office,staff lounge.After school events clean up after,got gym ready for parks and recreation cleaned locker rooms,weight room and cleaned nine bathrooms .Walked building on general cleaners and vacuumers half.For scedualed cleans and secured every door along the way . Emptied trash into dumpster ,took care of cart and gym floor scrubber,clocked out and set the alarm. Chemical dislutions ,classes on hazardous materials, asbestos,blood born.Equipment repair and maintenance .Very little PR time with me or school staff, Culture was as though we were all replaceable at any time.The farther up the ladder as a supervisor was wrote up for taking a day off that i put in for two months in advance even though i talked with my supervisor,HR,and account manager . Hardest part was being under staffed and having to do there jobs on top of my own. I like cleaning and taking care of children and conference time meeting parents and assisting them to where they needed to go.
Pros
Helping the public
Cons
2 ten minute and half hour lunch, Bad equipment, No PR time with me or customer, High turn over of workers.
April 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you liked your position and appreciated the tasks that were part of your job. From your posting it also sounds like you had good training as well as on-going safety training and development.
I'm sorry to hear that you have concerns about your vacation time. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your request for time off and the challenges that it seems to have brought to the table.
Your opinions and experience matter to us so I invite you to reach out to me directly to share more about this with me.
Director of Human Rsourcs

Horrid Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 1, 2017
Terrible management. No room for advancement. Horrible gossiping co-workers. An all in all bad company to work for.....................................
Pros
Pay rate.
Cons
Eveything else
April 4, 2017

GRBS offers multiple opportunities for current staff to apply for other other opportunities with the Company. I appreciate that you have expressed the pay rate was a positive aspect of your position.
I invite you to reach out to me to discuss the specifics of your concerns. I always welcome listening concerns and to have an opportunity to address them to help make GRBS the best Company we can be.
616.451.2064
bwalburn@grbsinc.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GRBS, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.