Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities.
Property & Casualty Operations
The Property and Casualty Group is among the oldest in the United States, dating from the founding of Great American Insurance Company in 1872. The P&C Group is made up approximately 30 niche specialty insurance industries that focus on specialized commercial products and services for businesses.
Helping Businesses Focus on Business - Not Risk
Strong businesses play a crucial role in our communities. But their owners face more risks than ever. A lawsuit or a stroke of bad luck could set them back—or wipe them out completely—if they don’t have the right coverage. They count on knowledgeable insurance agents to help them manage the risks inherent in their industry, as well as their unique business circumstances.
Great American Insurance can help you provide innovative and affordable insurance solutions for your customers’ insurance needs. We’ve been insuring businesses—and strengthening great communities—for generations.
An Entrepreneurial Approach to Business
You’ll find that Great American is structured like a network of small businesses. All of our companies and divisions design products and build relationships in the markets and communities they serve. That means less red tape for you, and faster answers for your customers. You’ll always work directly with the experts in each specialty line, and get the personal attention you deserve.
The Annuity Group provides consumers a broad range of financial resources, including traditional fixed and indexed annuities, sold in the education, financial institution, and retail markets.
Facts About Great American Insurance Group
- We trace our roots back to 1872 with the founding of the German American Insurance Company in New York.
- Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Great American Insurance Company, the flagship insurer of the P&C Group, has maintained an “A” (Excellent) rating or higher from A.M. Best Company for over 100 years. And it’s one of only four property and casualty insurers to do so.*
- Great American's Property & Casualty Group was recognized as one of the 2013 “Ward’s 50” top performing insurance companies.**
- The subsidiaries of Great American's Annuity Group have consistently been rated “A” or higher by A.M. Best Company for more than 30 years.
- Over 100 locations throughout North America and Western Europe.
- A subsidiary of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, OH.
- AFG's common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG.
*A.M. Best Company rating last affirmed on February 22, 2013.
**2013 Ward’s 50 by the Ward’s Group – less