Great American Insurance Group

Great American Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Great Atmosphere Pleasent Co-Workers.
ADMIN., ASSISTANT III/IT Help Desk/HR Support (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent company to work for, great co-workers, great income.
Cons: there were "little clicks" within several profit centers
I haven't been employed by this Company since 2003 due to becoming disabled, I presently receive disability benefits, but with that said I do in deed have a "TICKET TO WORK" Form for an Employer whom is ready to give a person like me a second chance in life & in my career...I'm not disabled in a wheel chair or forced to walk with a cane.
I'm just asking – more... for someone to take a chance on me & I promise you two major things...1. .I will give it my all & then some to be a huge asset & team player for the STAFF & COMPANY.
2...I have tried my very best to keep current with all new technologies & software programs out there as of today but I'm also a pretty quick learner, & very willing & eager to learn & comply with all procedures & processes within the Company.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUED TIME & CONCIDERATION IN THIS MATTER, I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. – less
managment
Senior Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2014
bringing in younger professionals for niche divisions. Older workers typically afraid to lose jobs
This is a very comfortable environment with friendly co-workers, comfortable surroundings and extremely nice workout facilites
Accountant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2014
Pros: workout facilites, family atmosphere, nice facilites and educational opportunities
Cons: expensive healthcare, difficult to advance, and parking costs
My typical day starts with going to the Atrium with a coworker and buying a cup of coffee. Then I proceed to my cubicle and start my day. First I go through my emails, listen to any voice messages, check on due dates and begin prioritizing my day. Most of my day is spent reconciling items in Excel for accuracy and preparing monthly and quarterly reports. – more... The office is like family. Management is very friendly. Since we are a large corporation when attending meetings there are often times more in attendance than needed. – less
Productive place to work
Service Associate I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: excellent culture, very diverse
Cons: no job security
Overall, great place to work!! Team environment, a lot of family members able to work together, which I'd never experienced before. Competitive and political atmosphere where networking is key. Never really stressful.
Good place to get started
Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free gym membership, flex hours, good people
Cons: poor management in the epl department
Productive workplace with a lot of room for advancement, as they hire from within 99% of the time. There is also a great job/life balance, especially with the flex hours.
Fantastic!
SR Office Support Specialist\Office Support Lead (Current Employee), Great American Insurance CompanyJuly 17, 2014
Wonderful company to work for! Great training, benefits, and culture.
Nice Company to work for
Processor II / Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMarch 20, 2014
Pros: going into work always having work to do and having great co workers
Cons: i honestly can't think of any other then my departments jobs were cut and i had to leave.
I really liked working for this company for the 6 yrs I was there. They did a lot of outside functions with their employees and it made it feel like family. I was taught a lot about Property and Inland Marine. My manager was the most polite and friendly manager I ever had. I still miss her to this day.
Go Along to Get Along
Underwriter I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: too many ambitious individuals competing for too few jobs
There is a lot of classroom instruction and shadowing of senior underwriters. There are many great individuals who work at GAI and it's a fun place to work.

However if you don't have a good boss, or do not get along with the people that make decisions then you can find yourself on the out.

Make sure you kiss behind to get ahead and play politics or – more... you"ll be shown the door. – less
N/A
Senior Accountant and Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJanuary 31, 2014
Great American Insurance is a wonderful company with a great work/balance and a great team of professionals.
Corporate America
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation, management
Great benefits and on job training. Work load is moderate with heavy interactions with upper management. Production is monitored heavily. Minimal room for advancement within division.
Advancement
Intern (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: never felt accomplished.
Promised many opportunities for advancement yet never seemed to have the individuals who made the promises follow through.
Overall a good company.
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2013
Some areas within the company are more organized, have a process for improving and include involved management staff.
Typical Day
Senior Commercial Claims Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2013
I work as a Senior Claims Adjuster and spend the majority of my day investigating coverage issues and reviewing claims on properties. I have learned to research policies and have grown in my ability to interpret policy language.
Great place to intern
Intern (Current Employee), United StatesSeptember 17, 2013
You will receive lots of real work, so be prepared to manage your time. Lots of independence, even at intern level. Internship is what you make of the experience. If you take the time to build a relationship with management, they will ensure that you learn a lot and become a strong professional.
Enjoyable place to work
Inland Marine Unit - Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee), Houston TXAugust 29, 2013
Great place to work many opportunities for advancement, fast paced insurance company.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 22, 2013
Pros: half price lunch
Cons: no breaks
Providing customers with top level service and experience Resolving all customer issues on the first contact, including future customer needs and issues Communicating with customers regardless of skill level Developing...
Wonderful company with great values and work/life balance.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2013
I have worked at Great American for 10 years and have always thought I would retire from the company, however, life changes are the reason for my search for other employment opportunities. At one point in my career with Great American we sold one of our divisions and I temporarily lost my job, but returned because I liked working here so much.
GAIC 2006-2013
Underwriter (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 24, 2013
I usually entered early, due to flex hours, and was generally unsupervised throughout the day. Starting would be completing any emails, until a decent hour to start my calls for information which would be better conveyed by voice. Account renewals and new business 5 days a week.

The hardest part at this job was the client visiting, as my territory – more... happened to be in the deep south, and I was placed up north. Face to face communication is the best way to get to know your clients. The self management was my favorite part of the job. – less
productive
Marketing, Underwriting (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2013
Processed all changes and new business with the company I was an underwriter 10 of the years with the company
Work/LIfe Balance
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, CTOctober 17, 2012
Pros: flex hours
Cons: high turnover in management
During my short tenure at this company, there was a strong emphasis on balancing work and life responsibilities.

About Great American Insurance Group

Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized – Read more