Great American Insurance Group

Great American Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Go Along to Get Along
Underwriter I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: too many ambitious individuals competing for too few jobs
There is a lot of classroom instruction and shadowing of senior underwriters. There are many great individuals who work at GAI and it's a fun place to work.

However if you don't have a good boss, or do not get along with the people that make decisions then you can find yourself on the out.

Make sure you kiss behind to get ahead and play politics or – more... you"ll be shown the door. – less
N/A
Senior Accountant and Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJanuary 31, 2014
Great American Insurance is a wonderful company with a great work/balance and a great team of professionals.
Corporate America
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation, management
Great benefits and on job training. Work load is moderate with heavy interactions with upper management. Production is monitored heavily. Minimal room for advancement within division.
Advancement
Intern (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: never felt accomplished.
Promised many opportunities for advancement yet never seemed to have the individuals who made the promises follow through.
Overall a good company.
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2013
Some areas within the company are more organized, have a process for improving and include involved management staff.
Typical Day
Senior Commercial Claims Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2013
I work as a Senior Claims Adjuster and spend the majority of my day investigating coverage issues and reviewing claims on properties. I have learned to research policies and have grown in my ability to interpret policy language.
Great place to intern
Intern (Current Employee), United StatesSeptember 17, 2013
You will receive lots of real work, so be prepared to manage your time. Lots of independence, even at intern level. Internship is what you make of the experience. If you take the time to build a relationship with management, they will ensure that you learn a lot and become a strong professional.
Enjoyable place to work
Inland Marine Unit - Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee), Houston TXAugust 29, 2013
Great place to work many opportunities for advancement, fast paced insurance company.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 22, 2013
Pros: half price lunch
Cons: no breaks
Providing customers with top level service and experience Resolving all customer issues on the first contact, including future customer needs and issues Communicating with customers regardless of skill level Developing...
Wonderful company with great values and work/life balance.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2013
I have worked at Great American for 10 years and have always thought I would retire from the company, however, life changes are the reason for my search for other employment opportunities. At one point in my career with Great American we sold one of our divisions and I temporarily lost my job, but returned because I liked working here so much.
GAIC 2006-2013
Underwriter (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 24, 2013
I usually entered early, due to flex hours, and was generally unsupervised throughout the day. Starting would be completing any emails, until a decent hour to start my calls for information which would be better conveyed by voice. Account renewals and new business 5 days a week.

The hardest part at this job was the client visiting, as my territory – more... happened to be in the deep south, and I was placed up north. Face to face communication is the best way to get to know your clients. The self management was my favorite part of the job. – less
productive
Marketing, Underwriting (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2013
Processed all changes and new business with the company I was an underwriter 10 of the years with the company
Work/LIfe Balance
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, CTOctober 17, 2012
Pros: flex hours
Cons: high turnover in management
During my short tenure at this company, there was a strong emphasis on balancing work and life responsibilities.
nice place to work
Annuity Services Processor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 18, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: layoffs
nice place to work, enjoyed employees and management was awesome. Great benefits.

About Great American Insurance Group

Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized – Read more