Great American

Great American Employer Reviews

I enjoyed cleaning the many machines for food prep.
Nights Cleaning Crew (Former Employee), Nampa, IdahoMay 19, 2014
Pros: lots of different work to do.
Cons: belligerence and inhospitable management.
Dont have anything against anyone really until I switched over to the warehouse. Then I found out the boss of this area is a real bad boss. They did not want to work very much and wanted others to work hard so they could get the credit.
Great work environment
Furniture Liquidator (Former Employee), United StatesMay 7, 2014
Pros: traveling, meeting new people, learning different products
Cons: healthcare, minimum vacation to spend with family
I loved working for a furniture liquidator service. I traveled all over the united states doing numerous jobs for different retail companies. I was responsible for going out of business sales. I would go in mark the prices down on the items to go; to ensure the company wouldn't have anything left when the closing of the store came to play.
Always changing due to Federal rules and regulations
Crop Insurance Sr Analyst (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: team work and good benefits.
Checking RMA error list for policies needing correcting
A typical day varies from deadline to deadline.
Processing agent information sent to your processing list, so it complies to FCIC and RMA rules and regulations.
Answering agents calls, email's and any questions they may have regarding crop insurance
We are a close Profit Center. Everyone helps – more... out anybody who needs it. Team work.
The rules and regulations are constantly changing from year to year. You study them and positively adapt to the changes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the days go fast, being very busy all day completing tasks at hand. – less
Catching thieves at Dunkin Donuts
Loss Prevention, Operations (Former Employee), Plainville, CTFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: low pay, no hours
Wasn't a good place to work for, but i was desperate when i graduated college an needed something for the time being. Management has no idea what there looking for in the position. The position i worked in was a made up positionfr an i was the first man for the job. The hours were so spread out made it impossible for me to find a second job. The hourly – more... wages were ok, they promised between 25-30hours a week barely made it past 22. – less
This is one of the best work at home positions
Data Entry (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: the faster you type the more you make
Cons: seasonal
Keying in data entry order forms for school aged children across the country. This is a seasonal position that has steady work from September to December of each year. The worse part about the job is that there is just a general time frame when work is released but no guarantees. Sometimes hours can be lost waiting for the work but the work is awesome.
Great Pay
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Ledgewood, NJJuly 22, 2013
Pros: pay rate and seeing parts of the country
Cons: never home and the next sale isn't guaranteed
I love working for this company the money is phenomenal and it's nice to see parts of the country I have never been. The only downfall is this is a traveling job. I am currently having to travel up and down the east coast with my wife and my 1year old son. I am looking for something closer to home so we can be more of a family.
Excellent customer service
Assistant (Current Employee), Hinesville, GAJune 13, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: nothing
A typical day at work is always busy, my co-workers are kind people and trust able, and I learn so much about real estate.
cashier
cashier (Former Employee), Cooperstown, NYJune 2, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: standing for long hours
ran the cash register and customer service. The people I worked with were easy to get along with.
it was fun
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Cooperstown, NYMarch 23, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: i have no cons
it was a fun work place to work. you know everyone and you always get 30 to 45 hours a week.
N/A
Bar back/bartender (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 15, 2012
wasn't well operated by the owners, i ended up leaving. typical day at work was mixing alcoholic beverages for individuals.
Very fun and fast paced
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2012
Providing excellent service
Aced in social skills
Managers were very nice,professional and treated us all the same, no favoritism
My co-workers were amazing individuals and very easy to get along with. Lots of great team work.
it was a great job
Cashier/bagger (Former Employee), Herkimer, NYJuly 17, 2012
i meet alot of diffrent people and it was fun and i got to learn new things and how to take coupons and add my drawer up at the beginning of the shift and at the end of my shift
Great place to work.
Order Processor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2012
Enjoyed working here. Alot of room for growth with company. No favoritism. Great co workers and management is wonderful I love them all. The only bad part is its seasonal.
Great first job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 17, 2012
This was my very first real job, wish it was full time and not part time/seasonal.