Great Circle Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Home away from home
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 13, 2017
This is a great company where you can definitely advance in. Coworkers become family and you dont want to leave. Schedule is flexible and it is definitely a family oriented atmosphere and family comes first.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Being on call
Central Director is GREAT
Foster Care Case Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 20, 2017
The Director of Great Circle in Columbia MO is GREAT. She is genuinely concerned about the staff. She does what she says. She is great to work for. The Associate Director has challenges. Her empathy is lacking but she is working on it.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Challenging Clients
Fun supervisor and teamates
Foster Care Case Manager (FCCM) (Current Employee) –  Independence, MO 64057February 14, 2017
Absolutely recommend this company for employment. Great working place and multiple supports.I could always speak with anyone in my unit with any problems and my supervisor was always avauilable.
Pros
Team effort and lots of support
Cons
Some long days and no overtime compensation.
Good experience for a first job
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 21, 2016
Now that I'm a former employee, I have a more mature view of my last job. Great Circle IS working hard to make change in foster care. They've worked to engage families and connect parents with services.

I think GC lacks in mental health. By that I mean they don't work with other agencies who work in behavioral health. That would help parents combat mental illness and provide them with a more fair chance of reunification.

I wish GC would have a better work-life balance. We got laptops and cell phones and I think my supervisor would forget my home life after a long day. I don't fault my supervisor! I think it's natural to care after hours - at least, I hope it is!

There are a lot of legal obstacles to overcome in this field. If you work here, you'll have to understand it's a very long process to get a child to permenancy. It's rewarding, though. Be open minded. You don't do this for the money. You do this because you work with real people, just like you and me.
Pros
Fun staff meetings + understanding and supportive supervisors
Cons
Ability to help others in the community
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint James, MOSeptember 11, 2016
There is not typical day, but you do have a typical montly routine of making home visit, phone calls, emails, etc.
poor management
amazing coworkers
the hardest part of the job is working long hours and not having a set time each day that you will get out, lots of rushing around
helping others, helping and watching families reunite
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
sometimes work late and long hours, lots of driving
There is no typical day.
Empowering Youth Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 6, 2016
There is one thing that is consistent with this job, it's change. Great management and supervision. In a typical week, I spend time doing street outreach to find homeless kids to provide services to. I also spend time doing direct care with the children. Paperwork is also consistent throughout the week.
Pros
Flexible schedule, gain PLPC hours, free PLPC supervision, free food, large training budget, and community involvement is encouraged.
Cons
Some specific coworkers can be tough to work with, hard to manage boundaries with staff and kids in my specific position, and I wish I got paid more with my education and experience.
Fast paced high stress enviroment.
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 2, 2015
Two days will never look the same. One day you will be working on paperwork, filing, court reports and another you will be driving from home to home doing monthly visits. There is a lot of time spent out of the office. The management and staff are friendly and it makes the job fun, but you do not get to interact with them enough as you will be out working in the field and trying to meet deadlines.
Pros
flexible schedule at times, staff and management are great.
Cons
On call, unpredictable hours, high stress enrviroment