Great Circle Employee Reviews for Therapy

It's ok.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2017
Work environment is mostly friendly and therapist team is strong. There seems to be an overall lack of recognition from the higher-ups toward therapists. This has been acknowledged but little has changed. Work load is more manageable that most places. Office space varies depending on program and can be very nice or, basically a closet. Therapists are welcome to practice in the way they see fit with no preferred modality. There are serious lacks in direction from management on important therapeutic issues which, at times, causes ethical pause.
Pros
free school lunch, no OT, supportive peers, generous time off, decent benefits
Cons
out-of-touch management, high turnover, average pay
The school has a very high turnover rate. Management is inexperienced which causes severe problems with employee relations.
Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2015
This institution is attempting to become more professional including more efficient and true to it's "Core Values" however, staff turnover is very high and with new people coming and going all the time it's difficult to maintain an atmosphere of professionalism or even to do a good job for the children or kiddos. During my employment which lasted about four years only one of twelve or more therapists is still employed there. There has recently been a firing or stepping down of virtually all top management in the entire school.
its a great place to work if you like working with at risk youth
Senior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Saint James, MOSeptember 12, 2015
Its an great place to work if you like working with at-risk kids, lots of experience with a variety of diagnosis. This is a demanding type job and requires a dedicated therapist.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
no lunch breaks
Great majority of staff deserved better employment and many move on to just that. Pleasant work with the clients/kiddos but the CEO and other mgr. bad
Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2015
Edgewood or Great Circle has been going through some trying times as of late. There has been a good deal of re-staffing and reorganization there. Communications and handling of client information I believe were the largest complaints.
Saying this, I was not one who complained as I viewed my job as being much more rewarding in multiple ways than other staff. I was content to work the remainder of my years there.
Great employees
Residential Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2014
Great Circle has been undergoing several changes. The program options continue to expand including the self-injury adolescent programs.

Want to know more about Great Circle?

Ask a question