Great Clips

Great Clips United States Employee Reviews

Good Starting Place
Master Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Clemmons, NCApril 16, 2015
Great Clips was the first place I started after I got out of hair school. I wanted to focus more on color and that is why it was my time to leave.
Productive place to work but not the place for me.
Stylist (Former Employee), Gardner, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Experience of working in a salon and with customers
Cons: No healthcare, rushed breaks, not getting paid for breaks
Get to work, set up my station then punch in, take the next client over and do there hair, check them out then clean and sweep my station, then I would repeat till the end of my shift and clean up.
Grat Clips is an exciting place tp work.
Master Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Tucker, GAApril 14, 2015
Great Clips is a great place to work as well, especially if you have small kids they are very willing to work around your schedule.
Comfortable place to work.
Facilities and Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good to their employees.
Cons: Salary is to be desired, not a lot of room for growth.
Nice place to work if you want to stay stationary in your positions. Lateral jobs regularity available, appropriate compensation is not.
i love being around people, I find them interstintg
Stylist (Former Employee), Everett, WAApril 8, 2015
Pros: room for growth, they do the advertisment, and provide the customers
Cons: Never had a regular schedule
This is a great place to work. Obviously, I worked there several times. They provide the clients so you stay busy. They provide continued education, and contests to keep you interested in keeping your sales up. The hardest part of this job was never having the same day off.
They don't pay me enough
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and a 30 min break
Cons: Demands that had nothing to do with you as your performance as a stylist
A typical work day would be normal stylists tasks however, they expect you to dress up as if you worked for a very up scale salon. They would send you home if you were not wearing jewelry and now you have to have some of the current fashion trends like a fashion statement neck less. For some who makes minimum wadge and does take care of themselves these demands are silly. Management is very different from other salons the company does not let the stylist take out their cash tips out of the drawer but instead they make you put them on a visa card which then charges for you to use.
Great teamwork environment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOApril 7, 2015
Worked with a wonderful team with the same goal--to encourage the growth of our store and give outstanding customer service.
Fun Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2015
Great part-time job for on the weekends. Great and awesome people to work with. An awesome learning experience. Very flexible with hours and work days
professional woring invirnment
hair stylist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
good ethics, good services, friendly co-workers, good management, can work on weeends, night shifts (3:00 pm- 9:00 pm) , the hardest of the job is customer satisfactions, the most enjoyable of the job is creating, styling.
Fast paced work environment to work
Management Team/Cosmotologist (Former Employee), Greenwood, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: Continuing Education
Cons: Health Care
Great Clips is a fast paced salon that introduced me to many different cutting techniques. I enjoy a constant learning environment. The fast pace allowed me to meet many clients in a day so that I could develop personal relationships with them.
Fast paced hair salon
Stylist (Current Employee), South Bend, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: health benifits, learning experience
Cons: poorly managed
Great Clips is a nice place for a newly licensed stylist to start out. I learned many techniques to more efficiently use my time with each client. I got a wide range of clients at this salon.
Overworked and under paid
Cosmetologist, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Parker, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: product discounts
Cons: bad raises
Great Clips is a franchise. Pay and benefits varies with different owners. High turn around of stylist. The raises are a joke. Working conditions at times were unbearable. No breaks, 12 hour days. Stayed here longer than I should have.
Productive and fun working environment
hair stylist (Current Employee), north Olmsted ohMarch 30, 2015
Overall it is a good place to work. My coworkers and managers are great people to work with and for. It is a fast paced place and I believe that I enhanced my current skills.
Upbeat, casual workplace.
Stylist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at work included, setting up tools of the trade, making sure the salon was clean, and making sure all the clients are happy. I learned a lot of different ways to cut hair and sell products. Management was always there for you to help anyway they could. My co-workers were always ready to work and always willing to help out. The hardest part of the job was making sure you and the client were always on the same page. The best part of the job was being able to create the look specific to the clients needs and wants, and making sure they are happy.
Great place to work , just too far location
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Enchanted HillsMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time while at great clips the location just did not work for me as far as the commute goes but would recommend to anyone as far as working.
Fun workplace
Stylist (Former Employee), Raleigh. NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Stylist discounts
Cons: Benefits
Great Clips can do better as in get a manager. I really didn't get the training that I was promised. Fun workplace but the other stylist made me not enjoy my job like I wanted
great place
stylist (Current Employee), Pine City, MNMarch 21, 2015
Cons: no benefits
The manager and team of stylists here are great! The setup here is incredibly simple. It's one of the best I have ever seen!

VERY clean, professional, organized, not cluttered, very open, easy for safety and infection control. Nobody complains about their duties or one another. This establishment is a positive environment! All stylists are Very welcoming, respectful, and polite here! Everyone works together and cleans up after themselves or for another, naturally.

*I cannot express how much I enjoy that nobody has to be told what we/they should be doing (such as: dispensary, disinfecting, sweeping, dusting, moping, cleaning windows, attending clients...) why? because it's not an issue here and everyone is so well-organized, clean, alert, on top of duties...and above all, we're all on the same page!

Team work like clock work here..!

Love it & grateful to be part of this growing team!! =) !
Treated Poorly.
Stylst (Former Employee), Vernal, UTMarch 20, 2015
Pros: made money
Cons: treated poorly
I currently worked for great clips, in Vernal for six months. Working for great clips gave me the opportunity to improve my haircuts while making money. While working at Great Clips I was treated very poorly.
nice productive place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), marylandMarch 19, 2015
Pros: pd weekly and collected tips
Cons: stand on your feet for long hours
I loved working for great clips. my responsibilities there were to cut clients hair. to do payroll from time to time and to produce a schedule for staff.
Wonderful Rewarding Job!!!!
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Charleston, WVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great Tips, flexable schedule, awesome team!!!
I love My Job!!! Hands down the best job I have ever had!!! Great Management, Great Training, Great Tips, Great Costumer base, Great Owners, I honestly can not say enough good things about Great Clips!!!

1 2 3 4 5