Great Clips

Great Clips Employer Reviews

Productive , fun, fast paced environment with potential to earn as much as you want.
Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: awards, and contests.
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work, including opening the slaon, balancing the drawer, providing exceptional customer service, and performing other office and salon duties. I learned alot about customer service and business management. Management and my co-workers were all very supportive and helpful. The hardest and best part of the job was being short staffed, – more... it was hard because there was never enough time in the day it seemed, and it was great because my team and I constantly kept the salon a float and saw what we were made of. – less
Productive and fun work enviornment
Assistant Manager/Head Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 22, 2014
Long hours. Minimum wage, great tips. I loved all my customers and all my coworkers. The only disadvantage was standing on my feet all day however it was not a burden.
Working with the public.
Stylist (Former Employee), Cape Carteret, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Cutting and Styling hair.
Computer skills.
Communication skills.
Satisfaction of customers.
Fun environment
Hairdresser/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Wildomar, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free hair services
Cons: management team was unfair
I loved this enviroment and the customer. not so much the management team. they played favorites and not all rules applied to all employess when managers were on shift.
Always Busy
Hairstylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Coralville, IASeptember 19, 2014
Always busy! Good place to work. Great owners. Good management. Great customers.
great place
Manager/ Stylist (Current Employee), simpsonville,scSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great owners
Cons: on feet
You can move up fast. Has good benefits. Great employees and repeat customers they feel like family.
Great starting place out of beauty school.
Hairstylist/ Product Coordinator (Current Employee), Greenfield, INSeptember 17, 2014
I love all aspects of my job, but it really is only a great place to start out at and start working if someone is coming straight out of beauty to get the experience that is much need the help and quality is definitely there and they will help all the way.
great coworkers
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: cheap. i didn't pay for cosmetology school to be paid minimum wage.
very high paced
learned that college is very important
loved my coworkers
trying to sell products to people who are getting $11.00 haircuts is difficult
loved my coworkers.
I like some of my clients and some of the other stylist..
Stylist (Former Employee), Moraine, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: some clients and some stylists
Cons: pay, management, envirnoment
They work you like a dog with minimum wage..7.85 an hour and if you get sick and have a doctor's note, you still get wrote up. And if your haircut times aren't up to par, you can be sure the manager will be yelling at you INFRONT of clients and other stylists! You can also be sure that they will be making fun of you because you care about your quality – more... of work.

At this type of job, you can be sure that clients won't be tipping you that well...it's $14 a haircut, and your tip shows just that! – less
Great workplace, Good people, Comfortable environment
Stylist (Former Employee), Linden, NJSeptember 14, 2014
I loved going to work everyday, and not many people get to say that. I got along with everyone i worked with at great clips. I built up an amazing clientele in the time i was with the company.
Stylist (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORSeptember 14, 2014
Stylist Got to meet lots of People,Open and closed,Did all the bank deposits
Great place to work.
Stylist (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLSeptember 11, 2014
The people are great. Management was amazing. It was very easy to sell product to the customers because of how easy going everyone was.
good vibes
Sign Holder (Former Employee), Avondale, AZSeptember 10, 2014
For the short amount of time that i have worked there, management was great. treated employees with respect. really cool place to work.
Terrible Experience there.
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Arnold, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: everything about it.
Poor management, made fun of employees, made them feel bad about themselves, be as fast as you can, and bring in the money.
Good
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Ventral PointSeptember 9, 2014
Alright place if you don't mind just showing up and doing your job. It is a very fast paced work environment and I am one for quality over quantity.
Horrible Pay,Horrible Management...Not Worth It
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Eva Holland and Angela Graham in Hartsville, SCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: short breaks, horrible management, low pay, drama filled workplace
The company only cares about your numbers (Wait Times, Haircut Times) the pay is very low only a quarter more than minimum wage ($7.50) Tips were good (some days) other days you work 9-5:30/6:30 and maybe made $5 in tips total we didn't have a manager at the time I was there so the GM was there most days and was horrible management always was trying – more... to cut hours and keep payroll down and keep the numbers low so she could get her bonus they don't care about their workers at all and my former co workers were horrible as well got frustrated with you when you need help, Talks about you behind your back...Every meeting we had a heart to heart conversation because no one could get along – less
good place
Barber/Stylist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2014
good place to work, the environment was pretty good and the people were kind
Good work place
Cosmetologist, Customer Service (Former Employee), Rolla, MOSeptember 4, 2014
Answer Phones
Make appointments
Goal driven work place
Great first job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 2, 2014
This was my very first job and the experience I gained with them was helpful. It taught me how to time manage school and work. The people I worked with have alway looked after me. I also gained great relationships with the customers that I still cherish to this day.
Stylist/Manager (Former Employee), Prospect KySeptember 2, 2014
Trying to balance a home life and work life was nearly impossible for me.

1 2 3 4 5