Great Clips

Great Clips Employee Reviews

Productive high energy work environment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Camden, SCJune 3, 2015
I arrived fifteen minutes minimum prior to my scheduled shifts. If opening I would open the safe, count the cash drawer, set up my haircutting station. If I was scheduled for mid-shift, I would arrived fifteen minutes early and immediately set up my haircutting station, and begin cutting hair. When scheduled for the closing shift, I would arrive early, set up haircutting station and begin cutting hair. I would complete the closing procedures by following computer instructions, counting cash and gathering credit receipts. I would close and secure the safe and store. I learned scheduling procedures, teamwork skills, and time management. My co-workers assisted with all open and close procedures. We worked as a team to help our customers. The hardest part of the job was standing full shifts with arms raised cutting hair. It is work that is hard on the body. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and developing relationships with returning customers.
It was a nice place to work but the manager was bad.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free continuing Ed classes
Cons: The Manager would talk about the employees
The Management was not good I was hired for mid shift part time. she would schedule me in the morning or at night I had no key to unlock or lock doors.
It was nice to see familiar faces
Receptionist (Former Employee), Greeley, ColoradoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Worked as a family
Cons: None
I did a lot of job duties from Great Clips, and met a lot of new faces. Taught their employees to be responsible and noteworthy. Was a fun working environment, you eventually learn to be a family.
no weekends off hard to get off what you need
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Warrensville ohioMay 31, 2015
Pros: good tips
Cons: cant get off have to fight for it
depends on owner of salon for good or bad they need to train you more on the computers need to be up dated on computer . better teaching of selling products and raise more then numbers alone .
Enjoy creating
Top Stylist (Former Employee), ossining, new yorkMay 28, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: short to no breaks
I enjoyed working for all companies above, they treated me very well and compensated me for keeping their businesses on a professional level.
Great first job and way to gain experience in a fun and fast paced environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 28, 2015
At work, I would answer and make phone calls, schedule perms, clean the entire salon, and greet and /check out customers.
Great Clips
Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: The co-workers were always on time, the manager was always making jokes, and giving everyone a great mood through out all the confusion
Great Clips was very quick paced, once walking through the door, you get straight to work. I loved doing office work so I enjoyed answering phone calls, making appointments, and taking messages for the hair stylists. I also like to work in cosmetics with hair and make up so seeing the different hair styles and colors was pretty amazing to watch. Being there I learned how to organize dates and numbers at a fast pace, also knowing how to encourage customers to come back to the salon and to bring others. The management was also prompt and on time. They never gave me any issue and were very friendly, especially the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to try to please customers unhappy about their haircut not looking exactly like a photo or celebrity. The most enjoyable part of the job was to please customers with getting them in the schedule with their recommended hair stylist and making them happy about their new hair styles.
worst company ever
Stylist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Did not care about clients or employees as long as they made money. Paid min wage. Went back in and changed hours after i worked and reduced them . So i was working off the clock . The manager would start drama with everyone like a middle school bully. Would never concider it againwas fired for calling corporate
Nice place to work
ASST MANGER (Former Employee), Clinton IowaMay 25, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, good company
Cons: havign stylist leave.
Signed onto computers, check bank receipts from day before, count cash register, Open doors, preform haircuts in a set time frame.
Management was great. Great co-workers, most difficult thing was to get stylist to stay (not uncommon in this field). The hardest part of the job - honesty there was no hard part, maybe a difficult child who needed a nap. But those are far and few between. I love meeting people, and helping them feel good about their appearance when they leave.
love my coworkers
Stylist (Current Employee), Brunswick, OHMay 22, 2015
Pros: education, busy
Cons: nights and weekends no benefits for a year
love the people I work with but work mostly nights and weekend so I had to miss a lot of things in my personal life
good management
fun working place
hairstylist (Former Employee), chula vistaMay 19, 2015
greet everybody, learn more about people personalities, be a team player, tried to help more, deal with hard people and get the work done
Not consistant
Assistant manager/stylist (Former Employee), Keller,TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Built clientele. Made money.
Cons: Negative atmosphere.
This job had such a high turn around. I believe the area manager and managers that ran the salon were not consistent. I LOVE doing hair and will continue to do it for the rest of my life. I just need a more consistent schedule and happier people to work for.
Fun Place to work, No complaints!
Hair Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 16, 2015
Pros: Fast Pace, Great Money
I loved working and growing with the company! It's a great fast paced place to start out learning how to do clipper cuts! The owners are pretty hands on and will help you with anything you need. The customer flow is typically heavy which is good, because you want to stay busy really. Overall it is a nice place to work, it's really what you make it.
Hair stylist
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Gilbert azMay 13, 2015
Set up stations. Greet customer as they come in. One on one conversations with customer to find desired haircuts. Recommend products. Cash out customer. clean and sanitize utensils.
cosmetology
COSMETOLOGIST (Current Employee), murrayMay 13, 2015
Pros: discount on products
Cons: costumer
the only problem with great clips is the owners, the owners dont know how to run a salon or even do here, making the goals and services unreachable.
Great place to work!
Stylist (Current Employee), Geneva, ILMay 12, 2015
This experience has been fantastic. Recommend employment for all professional stylists. Corporation has always been supportive. They provide an excellent environment for learning and growing both professionally and personally.
Very fun atmosphere with professional productivity.
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Broken machines, no development
I would come to work and be greeted by everyone. Management treated me great, co workers treated me great, and everyone got along. My co workers would give amazing haircuts while I would check out customers and clean the store. The hardest AND most enjoyable part was checkout when sales are going on because it's over 20 people waiting in line. This pushed me to work harder and faster in order to keep wait times low.
fast pace
Assistant Management / Stylist (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: good tips
Cons: all female environment
taking multiple clients in a day that range from 1 yr to 90 yr olds. mainly just hair cuts and shampoos. everyone in a while you get a style. great company to work for.
No loyalty
sales (Former Employee), GaMay 11, 2015
Cons: u r being conned
They want to use u mainly for their requirements. .if u not making their product percentage/ 13-15 minutes franchise haircut time when corporate s is 16 mins. They cut your hours soon as they get new turnover in..then when they quit , then they wanna give u hours.The insurance is bull, basically they offer it but u cant afford it with the pay they offer. The new credit card system. .ur tips are counting. .the more u cut, the more they cut into your taxes..This job is for new out of school stylist, a burn out for older stylist.
great clips
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), murray, utahMay 8, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: lunch is not garanteed
great clips has a great training program for the stylist and managers. Not for the owners, they allow basically anyone to own salons, even though they don't even know how a salon runs.

1 2 3 4 5