Great Clips

Great Clips Employer Reviews

productive and rewarding
Stylist (Former Employee), Springboro, OHNovember 20, 2014
clean and fun environment. I like that the hrs. are flexible. I like the continuing education. I met a lot of great people and became friends with some. Everyone works as a team. I can not think of anything hard about this job.
fun upbeat salon with lovely staff
Receptionist (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no insurance
come in fold towels, then greet each costumer, enter customer information into the computer for appointments, wash towels throughout the day, when a stylist is finished with a haircut you sweep up all the hair and depose of it in the proper place, run to the bank of deposits if needed, clean areas that needed to be cleaned.
management was very friendly.
co-workers – more... all got a long and were very professional – less
cosmerology
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Mt.Pleasant SCNovember 10, 2014
great place to work and great management. the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and making them feel great about their new haircut
fun place towk
hairstylist (Former Employee), Canton, GANovember 9, 2014
mgr was good people was
s nice enviorment was nice

was easy place to work
Salon
Stylist (Current Employee), Corona, CANovember 6, 2014
They will teach you to cut mens hair. Weekends a must. Flexibility to work when needed.
I loved working for this company.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Austintown, OHNovember 5, 2014
The Franchisee and the manager were very understanding of my school and home needs and worked around my schedule. I loved the girls I worked with as well as the clients who came into the shop. Cosmetology is my passion, and continuing my education will only help me further my career within the industry.
I have nothing bad to say about Great Clips.
Great work experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna TnNovember 5, 2014
Gained ability and experience in a fast paced environment. Attended the Academy. Enjoyed the job and the experience.
Very fast paste
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Pooler, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: work every weekend
Very fast paste environment quick daily money and I loved the people I worked with I just could not work every weekend
Comfortable place to work with minimal chance for advancement
Facilities and Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: brand new office space
Cons: no where to go.
Nice staff and facility to work with and in. Room for advancement is minimal and most "advancement" are lateral moves. Salary .mediocre
Make fast cash without clientele
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: paid vacation after 1 year, minimum wage plus tips, extra money if you sell product and you have high productivity. i mostly was in it for the money.
Cons: cutting by great clips system, no creativness, no advanced education, chop shop. very overworked and under appreciated.
Great Clips is a billion dollar corporation and has many rules and regulations. They have succeeded immensely in this industry and offer a wide range of benefits and perks. You handle all sorts of clients throughout the day. Most clients that come in usually want a fast, quality haircut. These fast haircuts can become monotonous and boring. If you are – more... a creative hair stylist and thrive off learning new techniques then this place is not for you. There is set 5 step system that you must abide by and certain numbers to hit daily. If you do not follow after a given time period then you will be written up. There is high turnover in stylist, thus being constantly understaffed and overworked. Although I liked the co-workers, it was not worth my skills. – less
Lots of education opportunities
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLOctober 26, 2014
Great experince to learn the hair industry. Work hours can be overwhelming , but over all a great job for students fresh out of hair school.
A place for practice
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great start off job
Cons: advancement is not likey in a franchise such as this one.
This job was a great first cosmetologist job after receiving my license. This franchise provided plenty of customers in need of haircuts. This is how I got my practice.
Never Again
stylist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 24, 2014
Cons: no lunch, 15 min break per shift, deduct credit card tips out of paycheck
Do not treat their employees with any respect. Do not allow for lunch breaks, give one 15 min break per shift for the entire day.
Really good cutting teachers
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great teachers
Cons: management has childish behavior
The stylists had good attitudes, the customers were not bad, but management harassed the stylists about haircut time almost everyday. Every haircut is not going to take less than 15 min.
Stylist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 21, 2014
The management was amazing. Great pay and great people who work there as well as get serviced there.
ok work place
Receptionist (Former Employee), dripping springsOctober 20, 2014
I worked at great clips in Belton a few months after I got my Cosmetology operators license, and I must say that this is definitely the only way you can learn in this field by doing it hands on which is both good and bad. for the first few months it was fine and then after the recent people started leaving and they started hiring new people, the management – more... staff started being shady. Typically the procedure for Great clips is when the shift change happens you are to move down or fill in the empty stations. Well the manager felt that she did not have to move her stuff sooo, no one was ever allowed to use the first station. Which is not allowed in the book. Only one person is supposed to go on lunch at a time, Saturdays where our busiest days all three of the management staff would go on a break at peak times. I ultimately stopped working here because on a day that I originally didn't feel well i called in and was told that i couldn't call out and i would have to bring up a doctors note, well instead i just came in any way on time... After the shift was over, and she sent several people home before me, she then took me to the back and mysteriously wrote me up for a dirty station weeks before and for calling out... even though I still came in. The franchisee is a great and nice man, just has no knowledge of this industry and let them run the salon in whatever manner they please... – less
fun workplace.
Hair Stylist part time (Current Employee), Littleton, COOctober 20, 2014
Pros: back bar, sales commission is 10%
Cons: have to be fast. 16 minute hair cuts.
hard to balance life and work when working any days and hours that change ev week with 2-3 days notice.
Very busy salon
Stylist (Former Employee), Frisco, TXOctober 14, 2014
I started working here right out of beauty school. The manager and the girls I worked with were so nice and full of knowledge. They helped me get to where I am now in the beauty industry. I was always learning something new, and different techniques.
great people, bad owner.
Stylist (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: owner is rude and unprofessional.
Good place, co-workers and manager are great. the hardest part of the job was the owner very rude and unproffessional.
Busy company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Woodstock, GAOctober 14, 2014
With a steady flow of clients, you stay busy most days. Management seemed very self involved and reluctant to help all staff members at times. Experiencing my first salon with malicious drama, which made it hard for all stylist to be team players. And for this reason that was the hardest part of my job. As always the most enjoyable part of the job was – more... having the clients who showed their appreciation for the hard work one puts in working for Great Clips. – less

1 2 3 4 5