Great Clips Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, and lots of great energy.
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. Great bonuses, but you have to work for them. This job goes for team work. You have to be fun and organized person. I miss
Being a hairstylist.
The hours aren't always great but great clientele. You meet so many different people.
Pros
Tips lol
Cons
Hair cut sales you work a lot
12 years in the beauty industry 2 yrs.@ GC
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2016
Las Vegas NV hourly pay rate is low compared to other states 7.00 hr. (below minimum wage!) You work hard and it is a hustle. Tips vary depending on your hustle. Great place to start off at to build clientel or have as a second job, but not recommended for long term. They offer product training and continuing education as a plus, but the job can be wear and tear on the body due to high expections. I personally averaged 20 haircuts a day and my feet are paying for it!

Lastly, they wrote me personal check as my final check when I quit and mailed it to me (apparently that's something the owner thinks is ok to do once you leave the company, but it's not professional at all). I even asked for a check stub, but received no response, extremely tacky and I gave a two week notice. I was cheated at least $200. My final thought is: as stylists, we should have a union so that our talent and special skills are not exploited by instiutions such as this.
Pros
product training and continuing education, tips
Cons
wear and tear on body, low pay, high expectations
Productive and fun workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work at. Fast- paces environment that pushed me to be my best self and helped me make money. Understanding and helpful management and staff. Excellent staff that was much like a family to me.
Love the clients and stylist. Owners don't care and neither does corporate
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 18, 2016
I worked for Great Clips for almost 6 years. I stayed that long only because of the amazing team I had established. I was a manager for 2 different locations for a total of 5 years I seen so many talented stylist come and go because of terrible ownership, terrible pay, owners not appreciate their employees, and much much more!!! When you have an amazing staff it makes it so hard to leave. The even more hard part is the amazing clients! After 6 years I had to finally say good bye due to the lack of appreciation and respect. Unfortunately for the owner o worked for, my entire staff decided to quit when I left! That's goes to show who the staff trusted and appreciated more!! When I started with the company I loved it! I believed in it! And now I see what many talented stylist seen and went through before me. I know not all owners are terrible and least I hope they are not! But it's terrible that Great Clips allows these terrible owners to be there.
Pros
Tips, flexible schedule(depending on owner)
Cons
No health insurance, no 401k, no sick days, no bonus(again depending on owner) not appreciated, ect 😟
Great Place to start off at
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 15, 2016
There were many ups and downs at this company but it's a great company for stylists to start off at. They offer academy classes at the beginning and every month they have product classes.
Great environment
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJuly 13, 2016
Wonderful staff manager and owner
I love the fact that I can make someone happy by giving them a great haircut.
Working here is amazing and makes my day go fast and healthy forget about all of my problems outside. I also enjoyed
Great place to learn how to cut hair, not a place to stay and make a career
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 13, 2016
Long hours on your feet. Very busy. Customers are usually rude and treat you like you owe them something. Pay is not great, most customers tip 2 dollars per haircut. My co workers are all great people and the schedule is pretty flexible other than mandatory weekends. you are only allowed one Saturday off a month and two, maybe three Sundays off a month. Because the haircuts are so cheap it brings in lower income people who sadly are usually the rude and smelly/ greasy hair customers.
Productive work enviroment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 13, 2016
Doing about 12-25 haircuts a day was typical for the great clips employee. I learned how to manage my time and resources while working for great clips. Management could do some improving on fitting the needs of their employees schedules. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the crowd coming in. What I really enjoyed about working at great clips was that I built a relationship with my clients and they felt comfortable coming back in to see me.
fun and safe environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, UTJuly 11, 2016
I loved seeing different people everyday. my manager and all of my coworkers were amazing to me from day one. the hardest part was overcoming the rude clients. but the best part was making every client happy.
some pros and cons
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 11, 2016
love working here but just not getting the hours I need but everyone is very nice and I would recommend this job to others who just want a small, fun part time job
Enjoyable work experience
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 8, 2016
Great Clips is a very fast paced. They cater to the customers that would like to get a quality hair cut fast.
Pros
Fast service
Cons
Lack of time spent on customer care
Poor
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 8, 2016
I did not like this job. Although I enjoy being behind the chair, the upper level management was insufficient.
The schedule was not set and often I had to work most weekends, as that was the busiest days of the week.
A good place to start your career in cosmotology
Assistant Manager/ Stylst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
If your starting your career, great start depending on the management/ owner. The training is impeccable. Location is very important. The key is finding a great store and Management. Working for them for 15 years I found it to be very challenging for a African american to work in the southern region stores. .And corporate is not better, The tips can be great and you can live. It all depends on your skills and personality. If you can see through adversity you can make it, if not find another brand franchise.
Pros
Great training and sharpens your cutting skills
Cons
Racism, over micro management and hard to grow. Get experience and run
company is great, management was not.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2016
i loved the fast pace that this salon offers, i love being able to express my personality daily with wardrobe. i was not happy with the manager.
Friendly work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJune 24, 2016
Decent amount of traffic. Co-workers worked well together as a team, you could decide when you wanted to take your lunch, clients became regular clients within just a couple visits. I learned different techniques for some haircuts and buzz cuts for men. Management was understanding with any emergencies that would arise, willing to help out on days when the salon was full of clients to help cut clients wait time. hardest part of the job in my opinion would be having to cut a child's hair that was terrified of getting his or her hair cut. most enjoyable part of the job would be the face clients would have after their hair is done and seeing how much better they feel when the look in the mirror and hearing them say they love their hair.
Pros
half off products, able to take requests.
Cons
docked full 30 minutes for lunch even if you did not take 30 minutes
A good job for someone who doesnt want to do much
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 22, 2016
There really isn't much to do at this job. You just wait for the customers to come in, check them in, then sweep up hair. There was alot of down time. Management was great, as were the employees. There is a lot of freedom to do what you like. You get paind for what you do, so not much.
Pros
Able to sit down, good management
Cons
Too much down time
Great Clips
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
Great Clips is very professional and I love the environment. I only worked there a few weeks but if it wasn't for school I definitely would have stayed longer.
Aweomse
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 20, 2016
This was a great compnay to work for, they taught me alot. Stays super busy. Loved the note system. Enjoyed the owners. Worked for two different locations as well
great experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Westmont, NJJune 15, 2016
wonderful place to start or build a clientele management worked well with schedules co-workers were ok just was there to make money. was professional all times of day
Pros
safe environment
Cons
no advancement
Fast paced growing salom
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIJune 10, 2016
A typical winter day was super busy and very good tips a summer day was slower but picking up due to growth of business. Management was great. coworkers were great. Great CLips I learned is not for everyone. Fast paced haircuts and not to much social interaction I loved that. Some people are different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8