Great Clips

Great Clips Employer Reviews

Neat and Comfort Zone
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), 850 Jake Alexander Blvd., Salisbury, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Hair Products
No benefits
Nice tips given
A nice place to work
Cosmetologist/Manager (Current Employee), Chagrin Falls, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, advancement opportunities.
Cons: breaks are cut short if non-esistant when it is busy, no benifits.
Great Clips is a great place to work. There is some room for advancement and the people that you work with are some of the best in the industry. I have enjoyed my time with the company and would continue to work there in the future.
Steady work pace
Hairstylist/Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Enjoyed working there and meeting people. Worked with a lot of associates in a team environment. Work my way up to Assistant Manager..
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Oak Grove, ORFebruary 24, 2015
A great place to work if you are just starting out or don't have any immediate plans to further your career as a stylist.
The client flow is steady and sometimes very busy, so you make good tips.
The cons of the job are that you are on a time limit to finish haircuts and don't really have much of an opportunity to further your career.
Same thing just a new day
MANAGER/STYLIST (Former Employee), Maple GroveFebruary 23, 2015
Good company for the most part just advancements were hard. A nice company to work for. It was a good company to start with.
Bad Managment
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 21, 2015
fast pace.
Management werent understanding about health concerns.
loved the coworkers.
Hardest part of the job was not making much money when we were dead.
Decent job for a 15 yr old at the time
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lilburn, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: worked with my friends
Cons: had to work sunday's
Don't remember this job too much. Was 15 when I worked here (over 11 yrs ago). Typical day at work was short because I worked after school part time. I learned how to speak and not to speak to people/customers. My manager was understanding. She knew it was my first real job and first real learning experience. My co-workers were ok. There wasn't anything too terribly hard about the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the difference in customers before and after their haircuts.
Fun work environment
Store Manager, Assistant Manager, and Hairstylist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: short breaks
This was a great job but the compensation was extremely low and the management was extremely strict. I enjoyed working there and with the employees.
Working for the Great Clips Corporation:
Stylist (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: always busy and up beat
Cons: high turn over rate of employees
A great stepping stone in learning professionalism, organization, and customer service. Learning about new products, and learning how to sell that product. Great staff and management. Just an overall great experience.
Friendly and Fast
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients happy. Co-workers were friendly. A typical day at work was a roller coaster. You were busy, to very slow to busy.
A great place to work with great people.
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Junction City, KSFebruary 13, 2015
Great Clips is a wonderful company to work for. All of my co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Everyone there are always willing to assist you with anything. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing a quality service to customers.
Great company and awesome co-workers
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Perry Hall,MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers. awesome manager.
Cons: no benefits to part time employees. no room for advances
Great Clips is a great company. i enjoy going to work despite some of the clients we may come across. get along great with management and my co-workers, their like a second family.
Fun and fast paced
General Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: stability. great clips is a powerful and enduring brand
Cons: no health insurance or guarantee of hours. reliablity of your coworkers. if they don't show up, the work still has to get done.
Great company to start your career in. Lots of training, fast paced environment and career advancements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant flow of clients and the value of the brand. The hardest part is the reliability of coworkers.
Busy and Productive Work Environment
Cosmetologist/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Apache Junction, AZFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day at work began by prepping our work stations with the needed tools for services and recording the beginning drawer balance in the database. Once opened, we greet the customers, enter their information into the system, take them back to our stations and give a detailed consultation. After the services determined from the consult are provided and recommend suggested products for their benefit we finalize the customer's visit by collecting payment and well as requesting return visits.
Throughout my work experience at this company I have learned skills in management as well as customer service demand. The management I handled involved being a leader to help my fellow co-workers to succeed as well as maintaining scheduled shifts.
The hardest part of the job was missing out on breaks and lunches due to short staff and high customer counts; however, meeting new individuals everyday and being that one person who could help them maintain happiness was the best part of being in the service industry.
Fast paced environment.
Stylist / Greeting (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2015
A day at great clips would be opening and closing the shop. Counting in and counting out the resister at the beginning and end of the day shift. Answering guests phone calls. Checking people in and out from their appointments, as well as collecting their payments. Washing towels and disinfecting products that have been used throughout the day. attending the needs and wants of our guest as far as what they want their outcome to be on their hair. Styling the hair and recommending products.
Overall good place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: busy salon, great co-workers
Cons: emphasis on quick cut, not customer service
Unlike other Great Clips, this salon is always busy. Co-workers are great to work with. Tips are not that great at Great Clips.
learned lots of people skills and very comfortable with it
COSMETOLOGIST (Current Employee), Leeds, ALFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: moey was ok
Cons: i drove 2 hours a day one there one back. also, worked with women only
This job was pretty laid back, but lots of drama. Never in working order. I am a fast learner with working with the public.
Okay place
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Noblesville, INFebruary 4, 2015
Cant say much honestly. Didnt work there for long and enjoyed my time. Just wasn't the right place for myself. It was a nice learning experience but I wouldn't work there again.
Great work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: set schedule and having weekends off
Cons: management was horrible
Loved working here. Probably the best job I ever had. Loved management. Employees were cool. Felt like a family at times.
Not very good benefits or hrs
hairstylist (Current Employee), Lebanon, MOJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: pretty good about letting you have time off if give a good notice.
Cons: no healthcare, being rushed and no raises!!
Do haircuts, styles, and perms. The worst part is being timed and pressure to sale lots of product. The most enjoyable is working with the public.

1 2 3 4 5