Great Clips Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place
Supervisor, Molly (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJuly 2, 2015
Learn how to communicate better with customers, learned how to cut and style hair better, worked well with fast paced environment, and worked with sanitation and disinfection.
Well
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), TNJune 24, 2015
My experience with Great Clips was awesome to start with. So much that I got my best friend a position with me. A couple of changes happened and I was no longer happy, but my best friend still loves it.
Productive workplace varying upon location.
Stylist (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: ability to make what you want, good atmosphere, job security, flexible work week with some days off during the week, ability to make tips
Cons: short breaks, scattered hours, major emphasis of quotas
Location is key, if you're not in a good location...more than likely you will not make that much money. However, you can market yourself and bring the clients to you. The quota is tough at times, especially if you're in a slow location. Typically you can expect strenuous hours that involve a lot of different people to have to deal with all under the restraints of time control, retail sale percentage, and return customer rates. It is a high stress job, but has the upside of being very different all the time. If you're looking to get out of a repetitive job, this is a good choice. They're a well established company and offer decent pay most of the time with benefits, however mostly at a hefty price. There are a lot of up's and down's to this job, but it can prove to be very satisfying. You can make what you want to if you put the work in.
Nice envirionment
Stylist (Current Employee), Chesterfield, VAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: No benefits
Working at Great Clips I have learned a lot about people as well as myself. The management is good, but the tips are not always that great. The hardest part is to get a lot of customers to come in. I enjoy my co-workers.
An okay place to work
Stylist (Former Employee), Washington MOJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed with the other girls who worked here, but that was about it. The goals they set for us unrealistic, and working every weekend, every weekend day was a little much.
productive and fun work environment
stylist and inventory (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJune 17, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: compesation was low
Good location, so constantly busy. Rare to have down time. The salon was always clean and safe. Fun, upbeat co-workers.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Their schedule
At the time I was hired to be a front desk clerk it turned into me standing in 35 degree windy weather on North Lindbergh waving a sign for people to come into the salon. I was not prepared to be outside for that long.
Got me through college
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 16, 2015
Pros: Health ins and full-time
Cons: micromanaged by upper management
This company taught me many things when it comes to customer service. It is micromanaged by upper management which is not fair to the store managers. The store managers do not get the respect that they should do to this problem. There is quick money to be made. If you want tip money, this would be the company to work for. They offer you full-time and health insurance, which is not common when it comes to being a hair stylist.
fun place to work
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Tucson, AzJune 11, 2015
Pros: good money, great clients and staff
Cons: not enough holidays off, would rather not work til 9 at night
i loved working here, great clients, fun staff! the money was good and they try their best to make the schedule accomidating to your life and needs.
How I feel
Hairstylist Asst Manager (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAJune 7, 2015
Pros: freindly customers and staff
Cons: long long work hour with not benifits and no rewards
I feel like it is a good company but they have taken a lot of our benefits away from us lately, I really do like working with the people, and I love the customers, I would really like to have my own store but I do not see that happening any time soon.
Great clips is great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Carson City, NVJune 4, 2015
Pros: PLenty of hours, clean, good product and plenty of customers.
Cons: Not having insurance, not having set schedule not being able to have our own station.
Great Clips is a great place to work if you need to make money. They have plenty of hours and great customers that tip. The hardest part of the job is every week its a different schedule.
Great
Stylist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2015
Pros: fun, tips
Cons: Sometimes demanding
My job consisted of cutting and styling hair.

This job was great as it taught me the importance of sticking with something until i got better at the skill.
horible
hairstylists (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJune 3, 2015
Pros: fast tips
Cons: see the review
You get put on call, and expected to be there within drive time when your called in . You have to call half hour before shift starts . Your not allowed to sit except on your break. your timed on your haircuts. you have paperwork to fill out at the end of your day. Not allowed to build customer base. You have to retain retention numbers. Christmas time owner brings in a plate of cookies really? Christmas time you have to bring a plate to pass. Very cheap treats employees like robots!!! You get written up for everything. There is rules on top of rules on top of rules.. Then rules for those rules.
Productive high energy work environment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Camden, SCJune 3, 2015
I arrived fifteen minutes minimum prior to my scheduled shifts. If opening I would open the safe, count the cash drawer, set up my haircutting station. If I was scheduled for mid-shift, I would arrived fifteen minutes early and immediately set up my haircutting station, and begin cutting hair. When scheduled for the closing shift, I would arrive early, set up haircutting station and begin cutting hair. I would complete the closing procedures by following computer instructions, counting cash and gathering credit receipts. I would close and secure the safe and store. I learned scheduling procedures, teamwork skills, and time management. My co-workers assisted with all open and close procedures. We worked as a team to help our customers. The hardest part of the job was standing full shifts with arms raised cutting hair. It is work that is hard on the body. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and developing relationships with returning customers.
It was a nice place to work but the manager was bad.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free continuing Ed classes
Cons: The Manager would talk about the employees
The Management was not good I was hired for mid shift part time. she would schedule me in the morning or at night I had no key to unlock or lock doors.
It was nice to see familiar faces
Receptionist (Former Employee), Greeley, ColoradoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Worked as a family
Cons: None
I did a lot of job duties from Great Clips, and met a lot of new faces. Taught their employees to be responsible and noteworthy. Was a fun working environment, you eventually learn to be a family.
Enjoy creating
Top Stylist (Former Employee), ossining, new yorkMay 28, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: short to no breaks
I enjoyed working for all companies above, they treated me very well and compensated me for keeping their businesses on a professional level.
Great first job and way to gain experience in a fun and fast paced environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 28, 2015
At work, I would answer and make phone calls, schedule perms, clean the entire salon, and greet and /check out customers.
Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: The co-workers were always on time, the manager was always making jokes, and giving everyone a great mood through out all the confusion
Great Clips was very quick paced, once walking through the door, you get straight to work. I loved doing office work so I enjoyed answering phone calls, making appointments, and taking messages for the hair stylists. I also like to work in cosmetics with hair and make up so seeing the different hair styles and colors was pretty amazing to watch. Being there I learned how to organize dates and numbers at a fast pace, also knowing how to encourage customers to come back to the salon and to bring others. The management was also prompt and on time. They never gave me any issue and were very friendly, especially the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to try to please customers unhappy about their haircut not looking exactly like a photo or celebrity. The most enjoyable part of the job was to please customers with getting them in the schedule with their recommended hair stylist and making them happy about their new hair styles.
worst company ever
Stylist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Did not care about clients or employees as long as they made money. Paid min wage. Went back in and changed hours after i worked and reduced them . So i was working off the clock . The manager would start drama with everyone like a middle school bully. Would never concider it againwas fired for calling corporate

1 2 3 4 5