Great Clips Employee Reviews

Awful company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTOctober 19, 2017
Absolutely nothing in the world is worth missing a minute of work to this company. Considered absences and lates are ABSURD!
Breaks are not given as they NEED to be, as it's a very busy work environment.
Pros
Has potential tk be flexible
Cons
NO leway AT ALL
Great place and great people
Product Manager & stylist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 19, 2017
Great Clips was a great opportunity to start in more of the management atmosphere, however wasn't getting a steady income, the people I worked with were amazing and always uplifting and positive
October 20, 2017

If you would like to share more or if you would like your franchisee to follow up with you regarding your concern, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com. We will provide it to your franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

Great Clips
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNOctober 18, 2017
I love working for this company. I love that they specialize in cutting hair to get clients in and out as fast as possible. The franchize I worked for was amazing but i am just looking to expand in the cosmetology field.
October 20, 2017

We LOVE having you as a member of a great team! Thank you for your feedback.

very fast paced.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 17, 2017
Vary fast pace and a lot of competition short lunches. In this field if you are to busy you didn't eat until you had time if any.The faster you worked the better money you made especially commission. It was a fun place to work but could be stressful.
October 19, 2017

We appreciate that you were a member of a great team. Thank you for your feedback and comments!

fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 16, 2017
first job would've stayed but they terminated my position right around holiday break, still visit from time to time for haircuts management is great great job
October 18, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers.

I Enjoyed working here. Quick paced. Easy money. Happy environment
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, WA and Salmon Creek, WaOctober 16, 2017
Its exactly what I needed at that time in my life. I would go back and continue work there with the right schedule.I enjoy the fast paced wrk environment. You have a different experience everday.
Pros
Discounts. Good people
Cons
Health care, wage, advanced education, wear and tear on tools
October 17, 2017

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up with you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know and we will provide it to the franchisee anonymously. Thank you.

fast paced
Hair Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 16, 2017
Great place to start when your fresh out of cosmetology school, at the end of retirement or if you want to make good money. Its a walk in bases so your never just sitting. Very fast paced and they are good at working with your schedule.
Pros
you meet a lot of people and make good money
Cons
no health benefits
October 17, 2017

Thank you for having been a member of a great team! We appreciate your feedback and comments.

Fun Atmospher
Assistant Manager (2 locations) (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILOctober 14, 2017
Greet client,check client in, answer phones,prepare a station to work in,was laundry,service clients haircare needs,recommend hair products,check clients out through computer.
October 16, 2017

We appreciate everything that you do in the salon each day! Thank you.

close to being a slave
Salon Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2017
you work for little pay, long hours, all nights and weekends. say tips and productivity bonus will bring pay up but it doesn't. my cousin as a waitress working 30 hours a week makes more and doesn't have to have the education or training needed to cut hair. i work 50 hours a week every weekend and have excellent customer review and don't make 500 a week!
Pros
good place to start out of school
Cons
long hours, little pay, no work life balance
October 16, 2017

We are sorry that this has been your experience. Since each location is independently owned and operated, your franchisee would be the best person to address your concerns. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will provide it to your franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know and we will forward it anonymously for you. Thank you.

Good place to start...
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 13, 2017
Willing to hire fresh graduates and provides training on their hair cutting system and retail selling.
Flexible scheduling, great employees to work with, team environment.

Hardest part is selling of retail.
Customers come in looking for fast and cheap, most times they are not looking for a product that costs as much as the already low-priced hair services.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Starts at minimum wage
October 16, 2017

Thank you for being a part of a GREAT team! We appreciate your comments.

Fast
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2017
This places was a little to fast pace for me. it was my first hair job it was a little overwhelming for me. They do teach you faster ways to cut hair.
Pros
classes
Cons
fast
October 13, 2017

Thank you for having been a member of a great team. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Very stressful and lack of staff
Hair Designer/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 11, 2017
Great coworkers but it was a very stressful place to work. Expected to answer phone, check clients in, sale product and cut hair all within a specified amount of time. Days when only certain stylists would get all the clients because he/she was requested although you're told that the clients are "Great Clips clients" and not your own per say.
Pros
tip money can sometimes help make up for lack of money made an hr
Cons
limited breaks except for those who smoke or were shown favoritism
October 13, 2017

We are sorry that this was your experience. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know and we will provide it anonymously for you. Thank you.

Quick Money
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 11, 2017
This is a great place for someone straight out of cosmetology school. It is quick money and decent pay. Here I do about 20-30 haircuts a day and make good money per day. The management was great. They offer continuing education and advancement in the company. I would say the hardest part of the job has been when we have been short staffed. It tends to be very hard on yourself and other coworkers working so much in close quarters. I do love my job and love doing hair but at this point in my life I feel I need a more financially stable job. With this you have to mostly rely on tips and your hourly wage most of the time gets cut down a lot by the taxes that come from your tips.
Pros
Fast paced environment, quick everyday money
Cons
N/a
October 12, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, franchisees may use a number of different factors to determine total compensation. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will provide it to your franchisee for follow up with you.

Great starting salon
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 10, 2017
This place is a great starting salon and you can learn a lot. It stays pretty busy so if you like a steady pace this is the salon for you.Also if you are a people person you meet new people every day never a full moment there.
October 12, 2017

We appreciate everything that you do in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Fun work environment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOOctober 10, 2017
It was a good place to work just no room to grow. I couldn't advance and the hired a new girl out of beauty school who was getting more hours and more pay than I even before she passed her boards.
October 11, 2017

If you would like to share more about your experience, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know and we will forward your feedback anonymously. Thank you.

It was fun , co-workers were awesome
Hairstylist/Colorist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2017
I didn't intend to leave I just had to move on , it was a lot of fun and I really liked my co/ workers the management team was awesome the pay was not good at all for all the hours you had to work but the people made it really fantastic
Pros
The staff
Cons
Short breaks
October 11, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a great team! We appreciate your comments.

Loved working here!
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 9, 2017
I loved working here! Management was good and co-workers were also good. Company tries to make things fun. If you love haircuts and perms only, than this is an awesome salon to work for!
Pros
great company
Cons
typical salon hours
October 10, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and comments. Thank you for having been a part of a great community of stylists and managers!

Great Employees, No Drama
Cosmetologist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
Its not a bad place to work, but the downfall is your schedule changes every single week. so you never have a set schedule. And you never know what your paycheck is going to be like, because of your schedule. the day you get your check that's when you know.
Pros
Great Customers, Responisbilites, Great Employees
Cons
The Maneger Working with you fairly...
October 9, 2017

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be your franchisee. If you would like, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for follow up with you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know and we will forward it anonymously. Thank you.

Fast Paced High Speed Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 7, 2017
Great place to work. Extremely busy. Paid holidays and flexible hours. Great staff and helpful managers. Training is provided. Fun and outgoing environment.
Pros
Paid Holidays, great team players
October 9, 2017

We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day!

Lack of hours, Lack of Pay, Poor Management, Company Favortism
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAOctober 5, 2017
Working at Great Clips started off fine , but eventually it turned into a disaster. You only get paid $8/hr to cut rude and obnoxious customer's hair, you don't get many benefits, you don't get time off like you want and the manager shows favoritism towards her employees. I'm really in search of somewhere else at this point!!!
Pros
You go on break whenever you get ready, you get tips (not much, but something is better than nothing I guess)
Cons
Short breaks, you get treated a certain way by manager based on your personality, rude customers, no time off, etc.
October 6, 2017

We are sorry that this has been your experience. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be your franchisee. If you would like, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know and we can provide the feedback anonymously. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8