Great Clips Employee Reviews in United States

A good job for someone who doesnt want to do much
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 22, 2016
There really isn't much to do at this job. You just wait for the customers to come in, check them in, then sweep up hair. There was alot of down time. Management was great, as were the employees. There is a lot of freedom to do what you like. You get paind for what you do, so not much.
Pros
Able to sit down, good management
Cons
Too much down time
Great Clips
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
Great Clips is very professional and I love the environment. I only worked there a few weeks but if it wasn't for school I definitely would have stayed longer.
great experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Westmont, NJJune 15, 2016
wonderful place to start or build a clientele management worked well with schedules co-workers were ok just was there to make money. was professional all times of day
Pros
safe environment
Cons
no advancement
Fast paced growing salom
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIJune 10, 2016
A typical winter day was super busy and very good tips a summer day was slower but picking up due to growth of business. Management was great. coworkers were great. Great CLips I learned is not for everyone. Fast paced haircuts and not to much social interaction I loved that. Some people are different.
good place to be creative and artistic.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 8, 2016
With co-workers help I learned a lot of specific details and nuances of using a WELLA COLOR PRODUCT LINE. The owner was very nice, polite person, with a patience to me, as inexperienced stylist, who just finished Cosmetology school. (That time i was just graduated from REGENCY)
Pros
Sundays off
Productive and great workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 8, 2016
Overall this salon was great to work for. They have an amazing clientele base and the atmosphere in the salon is good! The other stylist are a good group to work with and easy to get along with. They always provide room for advancement and constant training. The management is fair and very by the books so as long as you do your job and follow the rules then you will be fine. Most people leave here because they either break the rules or they don't like that their isn't a set schedule.
Pros
Good tips, training, room for growth, great owners
Cons
Sometimes short handed, no set schedule, open late
Fast pace enviroment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
Learned many men cuts and styles along with great team work from my coworkers,and attending fun quarterly pep rallys. Really great managers to help through any customer services and always provide classes to refresh your hair cutting skills.So its like learning new things all through your job.
Pros
Great employee bonus and incentives
Wonderful place to work.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJune 3, 2016
Loved working there. Upper management was amazing, but some of the lower management left something to be desired. Overall, the good outweighed the bad.
Pros
Amazing customers and co-workers
Cons
Some of the lower level management had some power trips.
Good starting place for stylists
Stylist/Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAJune 3, 2016
Fun environment great customers but if you have a family you won't see them much. If you are flexible they will not ever give you a weekend day off and you will work a lot of nights during the week. Absolutely no work life balance unless you are a manager.
Pros
Fun enviorment to work in
Cons
You work nights, weekends and Holiday, no bebefits
over worked
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 1, 2016
They never have enough staff so they over work you. They don't pay you what you deserve. Management is very immature and will talk bad about their employees at any opportunity they get.
Pros
busy
Cons
management is not good, you never get raises, a lot of uneeded drama
Good place to work, friendly co-workers
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 31, 2016
I enjoy the customers and hope to be able to help them to achive the style that they came in for. The hardest part of the day is the clients that don't know what they want.
Fun but hard
Hair Stylist/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 30, 2016
Being at Great Clips for 3 years was one of the most interesting experiences of my life. I felt as though i had no free time, like i was always at work, I enjoyed the people i served and the management the most though.
Cons
health care
Great Place to Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GA 30248May 26, 2016
Great work environment. Friendly and helpful co-workers and upper management. Not alot of room for advancement, however I knew that when I started.
good
Manager-Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
great salon not enough money, team players. we worked together. great tips. people loved us. owers husband was out of line didnt talk nice to staff he didnot have skill to owon staff had great lunch together and fun. ower never said thank u to staff or great job
Pros
we where great
Cons
no health care
Quick Cuts
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMay 25, 2016
My team at Great Clips worked constantly as a team. When we got down time we could always rely on one of our co-workers to help us do all the cleaning that was necessary to be done.
A+
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 24, 2016
Working here was a quick was to make money and really improve my speed and skills. A great experience that will improve my skills down the road.
Very fast paced workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Walkertown, NC 27051May 24, 2016
A typical day is 15 to 20 heads of hair to cut. The co-works are very competitive in this field. I would say the hardest part of this job is being able to take a break in an 8 hour day, which is next to none.
Productive and busy
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  ArliingtonMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working as a hairstylist though my 4 years in college. It provided me with a flexible work schedule that helped me with my study schedule as well.
Pros
fun to work in, had lots of friends, clients were amazing, meeting new clients.
Cons
It was not the profession I went to college for.
Good company to work for
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 19, 2016
Loved the salon and girls I worked with but management is bad if you are not there best friend you will get blamed for everything and get attacked or talked down to...girls are constantly leaving because of management but owners don't seam to realize that ,too blind to see it
na
Hair Stylist/Assistant manager/ Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2016
need to pay more. cant live off the salary hair stylist get.
underpaid. treated poorly.....low pay....low tips...etc.....upper managment only wants number results............ easiest place to get fired if you dont meet your numbers