Great Clips

Great Clips Employee Reviews

GReat Clips
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee), indianapolis, indianaAugust 27, 2015
I didn't like working at great clips to much. It just want what I was looking for because it wasn't full service. If you are not looking for a full service salon this is a great job for you.
Great place to work, flexible and encourages growth and productivity
Managing Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2015
Pros: good money as long as the college sessions were in
Cons: bad management and a volitile work environment
bad management was the downfall of this company. The constant turnover of employees was terrible. I was there since the Grand opening of the particular salon and I've seen more than 10 new employees come and go who I will add, did not last
Great Clips, for customers
Stylist (Current Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: decent money
Cons: management styles
Fun place to work with a supportive team of co workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what I love to do. The hardest part was handling inconsistencies with management and the "walking on eggshells" feeling.
Choose wisely
Stylist (Current Employee), Hudson, FLAugust 21, 2015
The salons that are ran the corporate way are very successful and usually have a great team. The salons that are ran the way the franchisee wants it, are usually not as successful and make it a hard place to work.
Popular store with a friendly working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch breaks
Cons: hour cuts, no benefits
My job consisted of providing customer service to everyone that walked in. I also provided services to the stylists such as constantly cleaning their work stations and their hair cutting supplies as well as retail. What i got the most out of this job was how to handle all types of customers that entered our shop and sometimes, working with an angry customer was the hardest part of the job.
Fast Pace environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Caldwell IDAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Making Tips was great
Cons: No opportunity to move up in the company
I did on average about 20 haircuts per 8 hour shift. I learned how to work in fast pace environment and How to work as a team with other employess
Wonderful Culture
Salon Manager/Stylist (Current Employee), Cold Spring, KYAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Hourly pay, high tips, great salon culture, different types of customers
Cons: Long shifts, understaffed, no set schedules, low work life balance.
I can't say enough for the salon culture, it's very team oriented. No clintelle is needed which is great for stylists just starting out into the field. Hourly pay plus commission equals competive pay. Most of the customer base is awesome. You meet people from all walks of life. One down side to the lower priced haircut is you get alot of people who don't have good hygiene. Tips are good. Work life balance is not very good. Lots of weekends and nights, schedules get changed at last minute with no notice, stylists have to work at shops that they weren't hired to with no choice in the matter. Lots of micro managing that isn't really necessary. Overall Great Clips is a great place to work, they have outstanding morals and values and what they offer to the customer can't be competed with.
Okay place to start out!
Stylist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MNAugust 11, 2015
Pros: No clients need of your own.
Cons: Not a company I want to grow old with.
Great Clips is a good place to start out when you get out of beauty school, but not a permanent home for your career in hair. I felt as if I was only a number and not a person. I also thought that no matter what your never good enough to advance. The last great clips was micro managed. I will say I developed some great cutting skills and it helped shape my customer service.
Nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 10, 2015
You kind of get bossed around by people, but you just have to remember to stand your ground and keep busy. Clients were usually friendly and nice to talk with!
fun envirronme
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 9, 2015
Great Place to work. Great employees and customers. They have amazing customer service and are flexible to work with. The managers will listen if you have any issues and will work with you if you need them to.
fun and energetic place to work
Stylist/Manager in Training (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 9, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not many benefits
love my customers and my co workers. love coming to work everyday, like that i make tips on a daily basis, but looking for something more stable
fast paced atmosphere
Stylist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 4, 2015
Pros: hourly plus tip
Cons: hours varied
A typical day at work would be coming setting my salon equipment up for the day. I would greet guests as they walk in the door with "Hi welcome to Great Clips." I then would ask if they had ever been here before and put them into the computer system. Also if they phone would ring, I would answer with "Thank you for calling Great Clips, this is Candace how may i assist you.?" As I would take the client back to the salon station I would introduce myself to them along with having a consultation with them on how they would like to have their hair cut today because communication is very important. At the end I would meet them at the cash register as they pay for their hair cut and tell them Thank you and I will see you in 4 to 6 weeks! I then would clean and sanitize my salon station. Great Clips I would consider as a team atmosphere and working together. The management was good as long as you got your job done along with meeting haircut times and product sales. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people and seeing them happy with their new haircut. I like to try and please people.
Great place to work if you like to cut hair only. Very talented co-workers
Salon Manger / Stylist (Current Employee), Dunedin, FlAugust 4, 2015
Typical day is to open store, count drawer, make deposit to bank. Then start cutting. Have to be very precise on entering customers information as we are connected with all Great Clips stores. If they go to another one, lets say up north, that GC;s will have correct info and the technical notes about their haircut.
Hardest part is not to get overwhelmed when it gets really busy. GC's doesn't want customers waiting more than 15 mins.
As a manager I oversaw all operations during the day and answered any questions or concerns the stylist have.
Fun, upbeat enviroment, very family oriented
Receptionist (Current Employee), Loganville, GAJuly 30, 2015
Interacting with many different poeple, watching the stylists perform the desired cut the customer requested. The management, as well as the other coworkers, are great and so easy to work with, almost like a family. The part of my job I enjoy the most is the people that I work with.
Social learning
Concierge (Former Employee), NJJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work giving you a more diverse learning experience working closely with people from all around the world and teaching great social skills
loved the hours and the people i worked with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 28, 2015
i loved the people i worked with and the customers that came in. had the small time feel. loved learning new hair cuts and colors
Productive and busy work place.
Stylist (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Lots of haircuts, decent tips, decent hours.
Cons: Sometimes bad hours, mean customers
I've learned a lot and grown a lot with my haircuts as a stylist since working here, my co workers and managers have helped me greatly. A typical day at work starts with setting up my station, clocking in and getting right to work. It's a typically very busy work environment, so it makes the time go by for the most part.The most enjoyable part I think has to be the fact that I've grown so much as an individual and as a stylist. My techniques are way better since working here and my hair cuts come out flawless for the most part (everyone has an off day).
Great Clips
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, vaJuly 23, 2015
a typical day at great clips for a receptionist is washing and drying towels, organizing front desk, sweeping up hair, empty the trash cans, clean and wipe out stations, and cleeaning out shampoo bowls
Great place for begginers.
Hair Designer/Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaJuly 21, 2015
Great Clips has a wonderful training program that helps hair designers conform to a set procedure. It allows new hair designers to hone their skills.
Needs work
Stylist (Former Employee), Winchester, TNJuly 20, 2015
Great for starting out in this bissness, but the company needs alot of work. no benefits, no advancement in the company, needs updating
Headquarters