Great Clips Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 9, 2016
My manager wasn't the nicest person. She seemed to only care for herself. All the other stylists were very nice and helpful, they helped me fade my clipper cuts so much better. I hated that i could barely take a lunch, my manager actually got mad that i wanted to take my full 30 minute lunch. I would definitely not go back.
Pros
We were busy, nice tips
Cons
i could barely take my lunch
24 years of beauty industry
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2016
Started in 1997, was a stylist and then asst manager and then store manager. Lots of drama, stricked rules, money was good in Minnesota and Wisconsin, but in Nevada you could make more standing on a street corner.
Pros
Peopel
Cons
Rules
Shear Winds
LICENSED COSMETOLOGIST, SHEAR WINDS (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 5, 2016
Shear winds was a company ran by terrible selfish people who preyed upon low income workers. They were abusive to staff and management alike and I left this entire industry due to my experience with this company. It was terrible and I would never ever ever work for this company or in this field again nor would I ever recommend this company to anyone.
Awful
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2016
I worked in several of their salons over the years and they're all the same. Management is strictly money driven. Jealousy and cattiness run rampant. The best part was the tips.
Productive place
Professional Stylist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Busy Environment
Adjust to team
Great tips
Fun people
Hours are not too Hectic
Limited Growth
Good Management but different at many locations
Good job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 2, 2016
Learned how to do 15 plus hair cuts a day. My customer service skills are much better too thanks to working directly with customers. everyone that I worked with was very nice and always happy and always trying to help each other out. the hardest part was days having a bad customer and they yell or try to put you down you learn to just keep on going and forget about it.
Flexible and great advancement within career as a Cosmetologist
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 1, 2016
I have worked 2 separate years with this company and the ability to gain clientele and move ahead with one's own skills is present and strived for within the company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Turn over of stylists is common within the Cosmetology field
Fun salon to work at if you are not new or have some experiance
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 27, 2016
I started at this company straight out of school because of its promising additional training programs and all of the help and support you are suppose to get. You get it if you learn quickly. This is a good company to work for though. It's better to of tried here, than to never know.
Pros
bonuses, rewards for growing and pretty much everything else
Cons
short breaks
Productive, fun place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 25, 2016
Great Company to work for. A lot of opportunity. A lot of standing on your feet. Customers are generally great. Fun bunch of people.
Strict Schedule regardless of worker's family priorities
Licensed Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 24, 2016
Great place to work for a single non parent with flexibility and the capability to stand for long hours without breaks if it's busy.
Pros
Great Pay & Tips, Friendship building co/workers
Cons
Short breaks, Strict rules, High employee turnover rate

Want to know more about Great Clips?

Ask a question
good job
stylist (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 21, 2016
This job allowed in depth talk with clients to better service them everyone always working as a team all I can say positive inviroment
Pros
Manager that cares
Cons
couldnt afford health coverage
Productive and Welcoming
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day you come into work setup all your equipment. Then depending on if you open for that day, you count the money drawer to make sure all money is balanced before opening. Through out your shift if you have any down time you go through the shop making sure everything is nicely picked up and wiped down, the floor is vacuumed or swept. Make sure the trash is taken out from the previous night and make sure the bank deposit is taken and all the proper paperwork is faxed to the main office. If you close that day you make sure all the money adds up make sure your station and the shop is spotless and vacuumed, swept and mopped.
Great Place to work.
Licensed Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 15, 2016
Fun fast paced environment that is always promoting ongoing education. Supportive management and staff. Great work/life balance.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Limited advancement
Good starter job
Assistant Manager of the location (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 14, 2016
I did not join this company to be there long term, just long enough to get some experience. The pay scale was very confusing when converted into a new system, and my store was very slow as it was in a discreet location. A typical day at work was sitting in the back doing manager's paperwork or trying to keep the product shelves clean from dust and hair. The store itself never stayed very clean unless we knew the owners or State Board might stop in. Most of my coworkers were lazy and did not take direction from management well. The management at my store was very self- centered when our original manager had been promoted. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the rest of the team on board with keeping the store clean. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing haircuts and establishing relationships with the clients.
Pros
Great reliable clientele, Nice owners
Cons
Management, lazy team members, pay
Sad
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 14, 2016
The manager was great the employees were great the location was bad. It was ok for my first salon. They run it like a Cici's pizza or a Micky D's 15 to cut a head regardless of length or texture
Meeting new cliets everyday
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all sorts of different clients everyday.
The coworkers were a great bunch to work with.
Pros
The contest
Cons
The hours of operation
Fun job, great manager
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoyed the people who also worked at the salon and the clients. I worked checking people in at the front desk and also helped with special events to bring in walk in clients.
Great opportunity to learn and sharpen your hairstyling skills
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed being busy and learning to be quicker at cutting hair. It is nice that they provide training. The opportunity for advancement is there and the potential to increase your salary. The manager was great to work with.
Great Team
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 5, 2016
We are a very close salon, almost like a second family. We all have fun while we working together. It is very rare to find a salon like this.
Pros
Great team members, flexible schedules
Cons
No real breaks, flexible schedules, to many management members.
i give average rating
Manager and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 4, 2016
My coworkers are amazing we all work together and care about the customers.my former employer was uncaring about there employees and there was no avilablity to advance or goals to reach