Great Clips

Great Clips Employee Reviews

Fun, upbeat enviroment, very family oriented
Receptionist (Current Employee), Loganville, GAJuly 30, 2015
Interacting with many different poeple, watching the stylists perform the desired cut the customer requested. The management, as well as the other coworkers, are great and so easy to work with, almost like a family. The part of my job I enjoy the most is the people that I work with.
Social learning
Concierge (Former Employee), NJJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work giving you a more diverse learning experience working closely with people from all around the world and teaching great social skills
loved the hours and the people i worked with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 28, 2015
i loved the people i worked with and the customers that came in. had the small time feel. loved learning new hair cuts and colors
Productive and busy work place.
Stylist (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Lots of haircuts, decent tips, decent hours.
Cons: Sometimes bad hours, mean customers
I've learned a lot and grown a lot with my haircuts as a stylist since working here, my co workers and managers have helped me greatly. A typical day at work starts with setting up my station, clocking – more... in and getting right to work. It's a typically very busy work environment, so it makes the time go by for the most part.The most enjoyable part I think has to be the fact that I've grown so much as an individual and as a stylist. My techniques are way better since working here and my hair cuts come out flawless for the most part (everyone has an off day). – less
Great Clips
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, vaJuly 23, 2015
a typical day at great clips for a receptionist is washing and drying towels, organizing front desk, sweeping up hair, empty the trash cans, clean and wipe out stations, and cleeaning out shampoo bowls
Great place for begginers.
Hair Designer/Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaJuly 21, 2015
Great Clips has a wonderful training program that helps hair designers conform to a set procedure. It allows new hair designers to hone their skills.
Needs work
Stylist (Former Employee), Winchester, TNJuly 20, 2015
Great for starting out in this bissness, but the company needs alot of work. no benefits, no advancement in the company, needs updating
unfair
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2015
I worked for Great clips and had a doctor statement and was not able to work because of a disability were i need shoe that tide for support and was fired for needing the shoes.
busy, fast paced work environment
Stylist (Current Employee), Richmond, INJuly 15, 2015
Pros: works great with your personal schedule
Cons: short breaks, most stylists don't do their part but some do that make it worth going to work.
Great Clips is a busy, walk-in only hair salon. On an average day you do between 15-25 haircuts during an 8 hour shift. The customers are great that come in.
Scheduling
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee), RALEIGH NORTH CAROLINAJuly 15, 2015
Hard to spend time with family when this place wants you to work about every weekend and most nights! The pay was not good either.
great place to work
assistant manager (Current Employee), rapid city, stJuly 14, 2015
Pros: tips are good
Cons: no benefits
busy environment, fun working with new people all day, everyday is a different experience, fast-paced and incentives for staying busy all day. management was professional and kept things fun
Typical day
Receptionist (Former Employee), 12797 Galveston Ct, Manassas, VA 20112July 14, 2015
Pros: I got cash tips from co-workers.
I clocked in and inputted new and existing clients for appointments. I completed my daily checklist and tasked presented to me in a timely manner. I helped give clients an enjoyable experience with their service. The hardest part was dealing with troublesome clients but at the end of the day everyone was satisfied with their service.
Great Clips Review
Stylist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free Hair styling free meals with perks
Cons: no insurance
Opening and closing store with keys. Handle lots of money and inventory. Helping customers feel amazing with styling and cutting hair. Selling products and upgrades. Great Job with good pay.
Amazing company to grow with.
Manager / Stylist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 13, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: You have to work nights, weekends and holidays
Great clips is always wanting its stylists to grow into managers. My manager was amazing. The owner was great as well. Unfortunately you must work nights and weekends and holidays. Good place to work.
STAY AWAY
Stylist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Nice staffs that dont last long
Cons: overly discounted haircuts- no benefits- low pay
Degrading
Lack of professionalism
Embarrassing-belittling

Lack of education, or furthering education for staff.
No training
Poor management
High turn over
LOTS of coupons

LOW pay
NO bonus plans- unreachable
Love the atmosphere!
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2015
Always a great place to work. This place is fast paced and co workers are very team work oriented. The only down part of this job is that they do not provide color services. I do miss working with color and would like to return to a salon where they provide color services.
Unproffesional Boss, but nice coworkers/ managers
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJuly 12, 2015
Closed down for business due to financial difficulties. Owner also owns another store, however he can be impersonal and unnproffesional. Biggest dislike was that he gave us 2 days notice that he was closing shop leaving my coworkers and i fairly unprepared
Fast Pace. Good pay
Stylist (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: good pay. constant flow.
Cons: hard to get time off
Constant flow. Never a dull moment. Definitely work for your money. Hard to get time off, however. Usually exhausted after work. And I don't like the time limit you have for haircuts...
It was a laid back environment.
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Eureka, MOJuly 10, 2015
I love the people I worked with and the clients that came in were loyal and awesome to have. I was part of a team with them. We were all opened and closed the shop, counted the draw, helped customers and cut hair.
Great Store
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 10, 2015
This was a great store to work for. All the employee were welcoming and always assisted other when in need. The salon manager was out on leave for personal reasons and i was unable to work with her. She didnt come come back. The employees were great enough to help train me.

1 2 3 4 5