Great Clips

Great Clips Employer Reviews

Upbeat, casual workplace.
Stylist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at work included, setting up tools of the trade, making sure the salon was clean, and making sure all the clients are happy. I learned a lot of different ways to cut hair and sell products. Management was always there for you to help anyway they could. My co-workers were always ready to work and always willing to help out. The hardest part of the job was making sure you and the client were always on the same page. The best part of the job was being able to create the look specific to the clients needs and wants, and making sure they are happy.
Great place to work , just too far location
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Enchanted HillsMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time while at great clips the location just did not work for me as far as the commute goes but would recommend to anyone as far as working.
Fun workplace
Stylist (Former Employee), Raleigh. NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Stylist discounts
Cons: Benefits
Great Clips can do better as in get a manager. I really didn't get the training that I was promised. Fun workplace but the other stylist made me not enjoy my job like I wanted
great place
stylist (Current Employee), Pine City, MNMarch 21, 2015
Cons: no benefits
The manager and team of stylists here are great! The setup here is incredibly simple. It's one of the best I have ever seen!

VERY clean, professional, organized, not cluttered, very open, easy for safety and infection control. Nobody complains about their duties or one another. This establishment is a positive environment! All stylists are Very welcoming, respectful, and polite here! Everyone works together and cleans up after themselves or for another, naturally.

*I cannot express how much I enjoy that nobody has to be told what we/they should be doing (such as: dispensary, disinfecting, sweeping, dusting, moping, cleaning windows, attending clients...) why? because it's not an issue here and everyone is so well-organized, clean, alert, on top of duties...and above all, we're all on the same page!

Team work like clock work here..!

Love it & grateful to be part of this growing team!! =) !
Treated Poorly.
Stylst (Former Employee), Vernal, UTMarch 20, 2015
Pros: made money
Cons: treated poorly
I currently worked for great clips, in Vernal for six months. Working for great clips gave me the opportunity to improve my haircuts while making money. While working at Great Clips I was treated very poorly.
nice productive place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), marylandMarch 19, 2015
Pros: pd weekly and collected tips
Cons: stand on your feet for long hours
I loved working for great clips. my responsibilities there were to cut clients hair. to do payroll from time to time and to produce a schedule for staff.
Customer Service and Hair
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMarch 13, 2015
I provided hair cuts, styles, perms and shampooing. I assisted the clients with the way the would like their hair as well as educated them on how to care for their hair and style it.
Great Clips is a great place work
Stylist (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 13, 2015
Great Clips is a great place to work. Everyone works really well together and professional. The most enjoyable part was making customers happy and working with my team members
getting busier
Barber/Stylist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: not a set schedule
Job was okay. I learned a lot about womens haircutting. Most enjoyable part of job was the children. Pleasing everyone is the hardest part of the job.
Great customers and Stylist
Stylist (Former Employee), ManassasMarch 5, 2015
Pros: off on sundays and shorter hours.
Cons: heavy smokers, cigarette smoke would drift back into the salon.
I came to Great Clips from a major salon chain in Manassas, Virginia where I had worked for five years.
At Great Clips I quickly became disappointed with management to say the least.

I had left a good job to do better. I thought this was going to be a great place to work as the staff was delightful. However, Management was rude, crast and difficult to work with. I made good money and in time it would have been great. My problem came from the manager who wanted me to do a haircut in fifteen minutes. I could understand doing a clipper cut that fast but why when the client base was not there to support this kind of speed.

Also, management had a attitude because I was being tipped well. The manager asked me how much a particular customer had tipped... I was shocked.
I lasted one month and was told that perhaps I should work at an high end salon because I took too much time with each customer.

When I took a look at my work sheets I could see that I was doing cuts in 15 minutes when we were busy. So from that I understood it was the manager and not me that had a problem. Also, she fired two other good stylist while I was there in front of the staff and she was loud about it without regard to their feelings.
Great culture
Business Services Manager (Former Employee), chicagoMarch 5, 2015
Fast paced family atmosphere in a large company setting. Unique relationship between the CEO, staff and franchisee's.
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CoMarch 5, 2015
This company has great training and flexible working hours. It is dedicated to customer service and Quality. I would recommend Great Clips for their positive outlook on service and growth.
very flexible
Stylist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Very flexable hours. Management is always available for questions and concerns. Always room for advancement. Management makes sure staff is well educated.
Fun and family orientated environment
Stylist (Former Employee), Yulee, FlFebruary 27, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Great Clips. The manager was great, I love the company and its values. The only aspect of the job I would change is the pay scale.
bad experence
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 27, 2015
did not give me a chance. very stressful. fired me after just three months. I felt like I was thrown out like trash. Not willing to train new people properly.
Neat and Comfort Zone
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), 850 Jake Alexander Blvd., Salisbury, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Hair Products
No benefits
Nice tips given
A nice place to work
Cosmetologist/Manager (Current Employee), Chagrin Falls, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, advancement opportunities.
Cons: breaks are cut short if non-esistant when it is busy, no benifits.
Great Clips is a great place to work. There is some room for advancement and the people that you work with are some of the best in the industry. I have enjoyed my time with the company and would continue to work there in the future.
Steady work pace
Hairstylist/Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Enjoyed working there and meeting people. Worked with a lot of associates in a team environment. Work my way up to Assistant Manager..
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Oak Grove, ORFebruary 24, 2015
A great place to work if you are just starting out or don't have any immediate plans to further your career as a stylist.
The client flow is steady and sometimes very busy, so you make good tips.
The cons of the job are that you are on a time limit to finish haircuts and don't really have much of an opportunity to further your career.
Same thing just a new day
MANAGER/STYLIST (Former Employee), Maple GroveFebruary 23, 2015
Good company for the most part just advancements were hard. A nice company to work for. It was a good company to start with.

1 2 3 4 5