Great Clips Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNDecember 8, 2016
I felt like family at Great Clips. I made great tips and I really enjoyed the management style. Hardest part of the job were the hours.
Pros
Free lunch if met budget
Cons
long hours at times
Busy fun place to work.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 7, 2016
Very busy, and make very good money. The girls regularly hang out outside of work in order to build a more cohesive team to make for a happy, peaceful environment for clients.
Great clips
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNDecember 7, 2016
They don't appreciate their stylist. They don't offer many services. They don't care if the cut is good or not. They just want people out of there in 15 min. or less.
Pros
tips
Cons
Great clips
Busy environment. Fast & easy money with the right experience.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 7, 2016
Working here is great as long as you are all a team. Teamwork makes the dream work.
Selling products & upselling always helps with the paycheck. Will work with you on any schedule changes when/if needed.
Pros
Cash money each day you work. Tips.
Cons
Covered in hair. Your shoes & clothes will be ruined.
Sometimes the means do not justify the results...
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2016
Customers were awesome! Money was sufficient. Company benefits were offered which is a huge deal in today's economy. In a field made of primarily women you would think you could find regularity in hours for individuals, however this is not the case. With three kids at home, one in which had health issues that I needed to tend to often I was having a hard time being flexible enough. I was unable to fulfill the irregular hours in schedules especially with such short notice. Unstable work environment makes being a mommy very difficult.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Unstable hours
Learned a lot
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 5, 2016
• Receptionist: Answered phones, greeted customers.
• Inventory control, filing and general cleaning.
• Ran errands and made bank deposits for store manager.
• Created and maintained a spreadsheet to help our stylists’ keep track of their productivity and sales, assuring everyone met their required company goals.

Comment – December 7, 2016

Thank you for having been part of a great team! Good luck in the future.

fasts paced and drama filled
LEAD STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 5, 2016
full of drama
no teamwork
some rude customers
constantly being measured by a number system
stressful
unfair scheduling
impossible schedule for a single parent
Pros
customers provided by company
Cons
short breaks if any
Not recommended
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTDecember 3, 2016
This job made me not want to be a hairdresser anymore, you are just a number to the owners and customers/clients are to they don't care about the quality of the cut there care about quantity mind you you have 13-17 mins to cut... Can't exceed as we are all hairdressers we know that's highly impossible for a good haircut, I would never suggest this place to anyone, not worth the pay and stress that the owners give. By the way they do a clean sweep of staff every year or so they basically over work you until you yourself want to leave so they don't have to "fire" you and pay you unemployment.
Pros
Clients and co workers
Cons
No breaks awful pay awful tips

Comment – December 5, 2016

We are sorry to see this. Our cutting system and advised haircut times are based on data that we have collected for years. Each customer deserves a personal, quality experience. More time may be needed with some customers to be sure that happens...while with others, it clearly takes less time. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee to contact you regarding your experience. Thank you.

I will never work for this company again
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 2, 2016
I will never work for this company again. They knew I was a single mom and needed the money and I loved what I did but they have their favorites and show favoritism really bad. They did not wanna give me paid vacation not short term disability and fired me for no reason. In the state of NC they can get rid of u for no reason
Pros
Cons
They make it impossible to get get pd vacation

Comment – December 5, 2016

We are sorry that this was your experience. Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be the franchisee. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

depends where u work
Manager/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Clio, MIDecember 1, 2016
Its a great place to work. You cant be lazy and must be motivated. If you like the fast paced environment then its the perfect spot for you. Theres many reasons its the fastest growing chain and has over 4000 salons. You can make alot of money in a GC. You get out what you put in. Working for a good franchise is the key
Pros
make alot of money
Cons
always working wknds cuz of peaks

Comment – December 2, 2016

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We appreciate everything that you do in the salon each day!

clean
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 30, 2016
sometimes was annoying have to fit into corporate standards but i enjoyed the people i worked with. great clips is clean and professional and provides plenty of continued education.

Comment – December 2, 2016

Thank you for having been part of a GREAT team of stylists and managers!

Friendly,energetic work enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNNovember 28, 2016
I loved working at great clips. Not just because it was a job , but because I love meeting new people and helping people with things. I am a very kind spirited person who enjoys seeing positive outcomes in any , and every situation.
Pros
Meeting new people, being able to be myself at work.

Comment – November 30, 2016

Thank you for having been a member of a great community of stylists and managers!

Part time not enough hours.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 27, 2016
This was a part time job while attending school. I worked 2 days a week as a receptionist answering phones, checking in guests, and cleaning the salon.

Comment – November 29, 2016

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Hours can vary as each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee.

I like greatclips
Sr stylist (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 27, 2016
I like the team an the education of the company the products used the clean invorment and professional development of the company has also been a true blessing to me an has made me a better stylist i have learned to be up for anything that may come my way .
Pros
Customer base
Cons
Not knowing your work hours in advance

Comment – November 28, 2016

Thank you for having been part of a great community of stylists and managers!

Fun Friendly job
styist (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KY and London KyNovember 18, 2016
Love my Job. Great place to work. Love the people that I work with. Just looking to add extra income. Love meeting new people. Love the management. she is good to all the employees

Comment – November 21, 2016

Thank you for being part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Comment – November 22, 2016

We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day. It's gonna be great!!!

great place to start out
Salon Manager and Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 16, 2016
It's a good company to start out with. They send you for training to learn about the company and the brand. The scheduling is bad
Pros
training
Cons
hours

Comment – November 22, 2016

Thank you for being part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Comment – November 28, 2016

Thank you for your comments. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to your franchisee to contact you. Thanks again.

Great place for new stylist to build and grow
Stylist/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2016
good place to work and grow and build your clientele, good training opportunities, pay is compatible, i recommend to any new stylist who gets a thrill from fast pace work environment.

Comment – November 15, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We appreciate that you were part of a great team.

Depends on your franchisee.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2016
I've worked for the company for 6 years. I believe everything that the company is over all doing for their clients. Different franchisee's may pay a little more than others, maybe give a 401k, etc. If I could do it all over again I would really do my research if this is a company you believe in. Make sure they will not only take customer care to the net level, but take care of YOU and provide the atmosphere you need to thrive. That is my biggest complaint. Managers who do not have the desire to see their store or employees grow. They get burnt out (for obvious reasons) but most of the managers I've worked for never felt the support of their district manager or franchisee. Thus trickling down the totem pole.
Pros
Guaranteed clientele. decent tips even for beginners.
Cons
Underdeveloped management.

Comment – November 15, 2016

We are sorry to see your frustrations. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be the franchisee. Please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

bad
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2016
bad company to work for, pressure to push product sale is too much, always threaten to get fired, extremely strick supervision with little break time.

Comment – November 14, 2016

We are sorry to see your frustrations. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee, who would be the best person to handle your concerns. Please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to your franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

Comment – November 15, 2016

We are sorry that this has been your experience in the salon. Since each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be your franchisee. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

Fun fast paced work environment
stylist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MONovember 9, 2016
Great clips is a terrific place to work. Expecially if you are fresh out of school. They provide so much hands on education. I learned so much about cutting hair. They do so many great things for the community. It's a fun fast paced environment.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
Health benifits.

Comment – November 11, 2016

Thank you for your comments. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee and we appreciate your feedback.

Comment – November 14, 2016

Thanks for your feedback and comments. We appreciate that you were a part of a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8