Great Clips Employee Reviews

Found 1,284 reviews matching the search
Fast paced work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 19, 2017
Great Clips is a good place to work. I've really improved my clipper cuts since working there and you don't need a clientele since it is a walk in service
August 21, 2017

We appreciate everything that you and your team do to deliver the Great Clips brand. Thank you!

The owners in Tulsa are great. They care about you and do what they can to support you.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 18, 2017
It's relaxed and they care about their employees. They will work with your schedule and if you need extra hours they will let you work at different stores.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No insurance
August 21, 2017

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, franchisees may use a number of different factors to determine benefits and compensation. Thank you for your feedback.

Was not worth the emotional abuse/damage
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 18, 2017
I have heard plenty of good reviews from other franchises, however, I think I just lucked out. The pay and hours were okay, but the treatment was not. From being discriminated for my sexuality, being called names, being bullied not only by management but by the general manager too. It was a horrible experience and I was bummed that I had to remove myself from a toxic environment. Everyone talks poorly of one another and no one acts like a team. It was very depressing.
Pros
my clients, tips, being by multiple food places
Cons
management and attitudes
August 21, 2017

We are sorry that this was your experience. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for contact with you. Thank you.

Grrat place
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Eureka moAugust 18, 2017
I learned a lot working at this place in like the people I work with I had a good time learning new things from new people been meeting new customers may have continuing education good managers and a great work environment
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short breaks
August 21, 2017

We appreciate everything that you did in the salon each day. Thank you!

Fast paced
Hair Stylist/ Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHAugust 18, 2017
I loved working for Great Clips. Our store manager was never really looking over our shoulders. My co-workers and clients always made it a fun workplace. The hardest part was hardly ever getting a break and was always busy.
Pros
Always enjoyed myself
Cons
Standing on your feet without a break for long periods of time
August 21, 2017

Thank you for having been a member of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

great atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work. Emploees are more like family and the work environment is perfect if your looking for a relaxed atmosphere. I've always enjoyed working for this company and hope to open my own one day
Pros
you can increase your knowledge
Cons
pay is too low
August 18, 2017

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, franchisees may use a number of different factors to determine stylist's total compensation. Thank you for everything you did to deliver the Great Clips brand.

Good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 16, 2017
Good company to work for and good employees. You can walk in and get great service and the employees will listen to what you need. Whether it is a haircut, a style or updo, or even just a shampoo and dry the hair.
Pros
great incentives if you work for them
Cons
not being able to make appointments for return clients
August 17, 2017

Thank you for having been a member of a great team! We appreciate your comments.

the overall job experience was okai
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 15, 2017
Withing the 2 months that I worked at this job I learned customer service and how to put customers in the computer.learning what the stylist do and how they make there money
Pros
great experience
Cons
patients
August 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Fast paced and fun
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2017
I had a very positive experience working for Great Clips where going to work was fun and productive. The Salon was very established with lots of long term employees that were very much considered a "work family" to me.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday for meeting goals
Cons
Found it very difficult to request time off
August 17, 2017

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for having been a part of a great community of stylists and managers.

Fun work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2017
I loved working with all the Great Clips staff. All of them were compassionate and family oriented across the entire company. The goals were achievable and the rewards were always great!
Pros
Fun activities, and fun competition driven goals
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling
August 16, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of the Great Clips team! We value your comments.

I worked with a wonderful group of ladies!
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 15, 2017
It was really nice on busy days! It was really bad on slow days! I really did not like how they tried to make us push products on people. I did not like to have to meet quotas. Living in a small town, many of our clients did not have the finances to spend on salon products.
Pros
Hourly wage plus tips
Cons
Slow days means bad tips!
August 16, 2017

We appreciate that your were a member of a great community of stylists and managers.

Very fun workplace
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 14, 2017
Great company. a very relaxed workplace. customers were loyal. the training program was wonderful and very helpful. The great clips cutting system helped me out a lot
August 16, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We appreciate that you were part of a GREAT team!

Stylist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2017
Good place to work, room for advancement depending on what franchise you work for.. try not to get caught up in the messiness of the other stylist, other than that I like it
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
August 15, 2017

We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day. Thank you!

Good money but easily overwhelming
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2017
Busy salon means lots of money and clientele. Great place to build your skills. However they are open late nights and long weekends which means it can take over your life really fast
August 15, 2017

Thank you for being a part of a great community of stylists and managers.

Very fast paced job.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Duvall, WAAugust 8, 2017
Very busy and productive company with lots of education available to employees for advancement. Taught me a lot in my time being there. Compensation was okay, though it varies from franchisee.
August 10, 2017

We appreciate that you are a member of a GREAT team! Thank you.

pleasant co-workers
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 8, 2017
The management was horribly ran. I worked in two different locations and the schedule was always messed up. There was no room to be different and show your creative side.
August 10, 2017

We are sorry to see your frustrations with the management at the salon. Because each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Fun place to work
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 7, 2017
Great clips offer free training classes, you must be a team player. It's a good work environment. You meet a lot of interesting people there is room for growth and many locations.
Pros
tips daily
Cons
fast pace during promotions
August 10, 2017

Thank you for everything you do in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Great place to be around
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 6, 2017
Was a nice place to work in as a receptionist. Easy job to do, with the exception of being on your feet most of the time. Had great stylists and a great management team.
Pros
Great atmosphere, professional stylists and managers
Cons
More variety of services
August 8, 2017

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Very fast paced environment & many metrics
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2017
Overall it was a decent place to work. I did not like the split shifts, low benefits especially medical, tiresome on the body. Can make good money if you are self-driven and motivated.
Pros
can break when you want if no customer is waiting
Cons
healthcare
August 7, 2017

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, franchisees may use a number of different factors to determine total benefits and compensation. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and we will provide your feedback to the franchisee. Thank you.

They don't appreciate good employees.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNAugust 5, 2017
They expect your life to revolve around Great Clips. Many times you will be denied having a weekend off for a special event because they can't keep staff.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
You work nights, weekends, and holidays for poor pay.
August 7, 2017

Great Clips is a retail business offering great haircuts at the most convenient times for customers. Franchisees and managers understand that the busiest times for haircuts are typically nights and weekends. They work hard to staff the salon for customer traffic while still taking into consideration a work/life balance. Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be your franchisee. You can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed & we will provide it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8