Great Clips Employee Reviews

What a great place to work
Rochester Hills, Michigan Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 29, 2016
Good Place to Work
I enjoy working at this locations
Busy salon
Good Customers
Met a lot of nice stylist
You work hard but I enjoy being a hairstylist
fun and fast paced
stylest (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 28, 2016
The staff is really nice to work with.very clean and comfortable environment. Very fast paced and the staff is very motivated..

Comment – September 29, 2016

Thanks to you and your team for everything you do in the salon each day!

Never consistant
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTSeptember 27, 2016
Owners only care about themselves and making money. They will over work you to the point where you want to cry and rip your own hair out, only to be making minimum wage.
Pros
Clients are great
Cons
No breaks, sometimes you have to work alone

Comment – September 28, 2016

We are sorry to see your frustrations while working in the salon. Since each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up. Thank you.

Franchise
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 26, 2016
Great atmosphere just limited growth opportunities. Little to no ability to grow with the company and proceed forward. No health care or insurance available as the company does not provide full time employment to most employees.
Great job
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 26, 2016
Paid biweekly, great people to work with. Flexible hours. They definitely give you chances to grow within. i would highly recommend

Comment – September 27, 2016

Thank you! We are happy to have had you as a member of a GREAT team. Good luck in the future as well.

Fun enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 25, 2016
Great environment to be in. Learned to schedule appointments and strengthen my customer service skills. Worked with friendly and helpful associates. Management was understanding if needed to be.

Comment – September 26, 2016

We are happy to see you feedback and we thank you for sharing your experience.

Comment – September 27, 2016

We appreciate your comments and we wish you all the best. Thank you!

I loved it here.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 24, 2016
When you walked into Great Clips you were greeted by many people. But that one person that stands out to you is the receptionist because he/she will be there to check you in and out of your appointments. Also they are the first smile that you see when you walk into that building. We are the ones who keep the building clean and sanitary for the most part while the stylists are cutting hair.
Pros
You got free hair cuts and discounts on products.
Cons
Short breaks and you are covered in hair when you get home.

Comment – September 26, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and comments! We appreciate it.

Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IASeptember 20, 2016
Must work well with others. Must like to be busy. Could be long hours on feet with minimal breaks. Great way to build clientele.

Comment – September 22, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate that you are a member of a GREAT community of stylists and managers.

Comment – September 23, 2016

Thanks to you and your team for everything you do in the salon each day! You are part of a great community of stylists and managers. :-)

long shifts
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 20, 2016
turnover very high. long shifts . called in on your days off. pay and tips were good. hair cut time made job stressful. great coworkers. I did learn new hair cutting skill
Pros
free continuing education
Cons
high turnover

Comment – September 27, 2016

Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. If you would like follow up regarding your employment, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you for your feedback.

great for recent graduates
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 18, 2016
To many regulations 22 mins per haircut write ups or terminated product sales to important does advance training long hours low pay
Pros
great for entry level graduates
Cons
low pay no breaks or short breaks

Comment – September 20, 2016

Each Great Clips salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. If you would like follow up regarding your concerns, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide your feedback to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Great experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GASeptember 17, 2016
Great clips was the first job i had at 15 years old. School was the reason i had to leave. I answered phones, cleaned up hair and cleaned everything else. I booked appointments and ran errands.I also held a sign at the road when we had specials. I loved working there because i have always enjoyed cosmetology. The women i worked with where amazing people and it was the perfect first job.
Pros
Meeting new people and learning new things
Cons
Being the youngest and being taken advantage sometimes

Comment – September 19, 2016

Thank you for your comments and for being part of a great team! Good luck in the future as well.

Felt like a work horse.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 16, 2016
I was a cna and know hard work but this job was exhausting with little respect for personal life. U get paid well. Clients are in and out which makes for a great paycheck. The quality of haircuts that walked out of this salon was embarrassing. It got the name "chop shop" for a reason. Did meet some cool people and some old friends.
Pros
Money
Cons
Embarrassing to say i worked there. Reputation is everything.

Comment – September 19, 2016

We are sorry to see your frustrations while working in the salon. Each location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee who would be the best person to address your concerns. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 16, 2016
Manager was an amazing leader always pushing her employees to succeed. Great place to worl and there is alot of communication and guidance in and out of the worl place.

Comment – September 19, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments and that you were part of a great community of stylists and managers.

High volume of clientele
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 15, 2016
Greet and check-in customers. Provide hair cut, sell product, and finalize transaction. Co-workers were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Constant work flow
Cons
Time restrictions

Comment – September 16, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to share more about your experience working in a Great Clips salon, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the location & details. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thanks again.

Can be a great company
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 13, 2016
I have worked for three Great Clip in different states. The company depends on the management and the owners. If they want happy employees they will guild them. Sometimes they do not want to deal with paperwork and letting people go.

Comment – September 15, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you were a part of our team and wish you the best in the future!

Best job I've ever had
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJSeptember 11, 2016
I've been employed with Great Clips since 2007. This company by far is the best I've ever worked for. It feels wonderful knowing I'm working for the number one brand in haircare and a billion dollar brand! Amazing franchisees who are driven to build a successful business.
Pros
Amazing staff and franchisee
Cons
No set scheduling but schedules are done well in advance to make plans

Comment – September 12, 2016

Thank you for everything you do in the salon each day! We appreciate that you are a part of a GREAT team.

Great first level entry job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 9, 2016
Great Clips was my first job. I learned so much working here. I went into working with only basic knowledge and they had the patience with me. They have two different styles of training so it helped if the first way didn't fit you.
Pros
Cheap haircuts
Cons
Requirements were a litttle difficult

Comment – September 12, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We wish you good luck in the future as well.

Fast-pace, High volume of clients, great technique
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARSeptember 8, 2016
Enjoyed the clientele at this salon. Very flexible with employees hours. They know the meaning of teamwork. Certain numbers were to be maintained or the stylist might receive a write up or other disciplinary actions to be taken. Not too much stress but a large amount of gossip. Stylists are current on styles,cuts and techniques.
Pros
Fast paced environment, Friendly atmosphere, flexible work schedule
Cons
Gossip behind closed doors, certain numbers had to be maintained or receive a write up, Management wasn't trained too well

Comment – September 9, 2016

Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee who would be the best person to address your comments. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Loved doing hair and managing salons
Assistant Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2016
I hated leaving this position at Great Clips. I enjoyed talking and making people look their best. The management was very easy to work with and we all got along well. It was like having an extended family.

Comment – September 9, 2016

Thank you for being part of a great team! We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Comment – September 12, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and for being part of a great community of stylists and managers. We wish you all the best!

Nice job, great learning experiences
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 7, 2016
This was my first job out of cosmetology school. I learned a lot of technique and customer service skills working for this company.
Pros
Nice tips most days
Cons
Not flexible with scheduling, punished for not being able to work 7 days a week

Comment – September 8, 2016

Thank you for your comments. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Managers and franchisees work hard to staff the salon for the busiest times while still taking into account a life/work balance. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the location where you were employed & details. We will forward your feedback to your former franchisee. Thank you again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8