Great Clips

Great Clips Employer Reviews

great
stylist (Current Employee), ClarksvilleJune 10, 2014
i love my job, FUN. GReat chance to to learn they send to acadamy and pay the fuel to go to trainning.
Busy work place with product and productivity bonuses
Hairstylist/ shift leader (Former Employee), Hudson, NHJune 9, 2014
Pros: bonuses for product, good location, education, orderly running management
Cons: short breaks, half hour drive to get there, no benefits, no set schedule
Steady clientele coming in all day. Cleaning on down time. Always keeping busy. Management was on top of everything going on and making sure everything went smoothly. My co-workers were very nice, helpful and supportive. The hardest part i would say about the job is Making sure things run smoothly and keeping management happy. Its easy to mess things – more... up. The most enjoyable part i would say is the feeling of success. and accomplishment. – less
Great to work in the mall
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAJune 7, 2014
Manager and staff were friendly on the best place i have ever worked just coming out of school . I learned a lot there.
outgoing people
Assistant Manager/ Stylist (Current Employee), saint louis moJune 3, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: healthcare and pay benefits
its fun to work at
learning environment
needs to pay more for all the requirements
enjoy making people look and feel good
Manager (Former Employee), Watauga TxJune 2, 2014
Pros: love the industry
Cons: bad hours
I loved coming in each day knowing i would make some one feel even an ounce better about them selves. I love the laid back atmosphere of a hair salon and the people I had the pleasure of meeting!
Prices to low
Barber/Stylist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 2, 2014
Pros: long running company
Cons: there persistance about productivity.
My main issue with this company or Franchised management of it,Is the fact that they seem to care more about bringing in customers, than making sure there employers are paid properly. When you have coupons ranging from $4.99-to $7.99 it puts the stylist in a low percentage bracket.

Making the customer less likely to give a good tip, even if it's based – more... off Gratuity with such a low hair cutting price, the tips are normally the same or lower. Corporate companies like this are more concern with getting people in who will be repeat customers.

Charging such a low price on a regular bases, de-values the stylist, and makes all the time and hard work it took for us to go to school and and pass our state boards in vain.

If a doctor goes to school for 8 years and expects to make a certain wage, how will it make this doctor feel, if they have him perform his services on dummies or on a doll? It would be nice to perform my duties based on the time and experience it took to get here, and anything under $10.00 besides a child is an insult. – less
Busy, fast paced job
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), St. JohnsJune 1, 2014
Pros: exciting
Cons: sometimes to busy with no break.
I love to be busy and I also love to be able to work independently while also meeting my numbers for the day.
Productive and fun workplace with great stylist
Stylist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and tips
Cons: evenings and weekends is a must
the hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude when dealing with a difficult customer.
the work environment is great management is helpful and friendly and always available.
very busy
Managing Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: very busy
Cons: hair cuts only
this was a great place to work at when starting out as a cosmetologist,
Great co-workers and location
Managing Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Fairview Park, OHMay 28, 2014
When I arrived at work everyday, it wasn't like work, I enjoyed just about every minute of my shift. The manager, my co-workers and the customers, were all great! The hardest part, was that not all customers came in happy to be there, but when they left with a smile on their face, it made my job that much better
Girls are great
Stylist (Current Employee), Spring, TXMay 23, 2014
I have more education that what is needed or required for this job. I like the job but feel unappreciated and far underpaid. Overeducated and underpaid.
Great workplace.
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Clarksville, tnMay 21, 2014
I would come into the salon and sweep, and make sure all the laundry was done. Then at time to open I would open the door and put customers into the computers. After they were dun with their hair cuts I would go clean the station they were at. Make sure I keep up with laundry and every station cleaned.
Don't Do It!
Hair Designer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 20, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: the list is way too long!
Poor haircutting training, blackout days are required. Blackout dates are hair cutting sale days that MUST be worked. If you've worked there those days fall on days Most people take vacation. Also those days are on beauty trade show dates. That's because they don't want to run the risk of ambitious stylists to attend and possibly Leave THEIR salons. – more... They overwork you the tips are good, but lots of cheap clients will stiff you. Most of the customers think Lowly of a great clips stylist, so does the beauty industry. I had a customer tell me she takes her dog and children to get their haircuts on the same day. When I asked her if she'd let someone else @Great clips cut her hair she said, "Oh Heaven`s NO!"Good luck – less
A typical day at work
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Palm Harbor, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: insentives for weekend hours
Cons: irregular scheduling
Arrive 15 minutes early and greet everyone with a friendly hello and a smile. Then I set up my station with clean utensils. respond immediately to greet incomming customers. Consult customer and provide acurate feedback. Talk to customer about products needed or used and then recommend products that may apply to enhance customer satisfaction. Stay connected – more... with the client and walk with them toward the product shelves, putting the product you recommended into their hands ( so that they can decide more effectively) ,continue to check out at the front desk. Input information regarding services and receive payment. Cordially thank them for coming and invite them back. In between clients there are cleaning and restocking duties to pertain to. Answering the phone politely and correectly is impressed upon. Always keep personal opinions to yourself and restrain from talking about yourself. IT IS ABOUT THE CUSTOMER AND WHY THEY ARE THERE. – less
A fun place to work
Stylist Licenced Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Garner, NCMay 10, 2014
Pros: great clients
Cons: no eating time, just rush rush
I enjoyed working for Great Clips the hours were long being on my feel
Its good if you like being a salesperson
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2014
Pros: usually busy, decent tips
Cons: sometimes no break, have to sell product
Its an okay place to work. You'll do tons of haircuts. Its pretty much always busy and on really busy days you may not get a break.Of course there are occasional slow days and those are nice once in a while. You have to sell product and your percentage has to be at a certain percent or you could potentially get fired.
fun job interacting with other people
Receptionist (Former Employee), Avondale, AZMay 7, 2014
My job required me to answer phones, put clients information in the computer, wash towels, sanitize hair cutting supplies, and sweep. I also did money handling.
friendly work environment
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee), Prospect, KYMay 6, 2014
Pros: free haircuts
Cons: only worked when needed
All of the hair stylist were enjoyable to work around! The manager was fun to work with and was very insightful. The job did get boring at times when it wasn't as busy
Fun day behind the chair
Hairdresser (Former Employee), Fort Wright, KYMay 6, 2014
Was fun being behind, meeting new faces, and creating a style for the customer
overall place
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Naples, FLMay 5, 2014
tooo muchhh drama! everyone is grumpyy and ignorant! they all are two faced and talk behind your back and its poorly managed ! they have had 4 workers walk out in the past month!