Great Clips Employee Reviews

Found 1,104 reviews matching the search
this location was set up to fail
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 11, 2017
owners did not supply us with hair products we needed or products for the shelves to sell to the public
unappreciative of their staff
even if you were hired with schedule restrictions, they did not take these into consideration
Pros
clients
Cons
business was not going to last very long
April 12, 2017

We are sorry that this was your experience. Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your feedback would be the franchisee. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Fun
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 11, 2017
Love it fun place to work at. Live my bosses. And management. Live my coworkers. Love my clients. Long Beach is great. Everything is close by. Picnics are awesome
Pros
Busy
Cons
Close late
April 12, 2017

Thank you and your team for everything you do in the salon each day.

Great owner of the franchise, helped me begin my marketing career.
MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 10, 2017
Great company helped me market myself and learn first hand about customer service and marketing of specific products and specials. Overall great learning experience.
April 12, 2017

We appreciate your comments and we were happy to have you as a member of a great community of stylists and managers.

Good company to work for
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLApril 10, 2017
Great Clips has always worked with me when I have needed to relocate states or franchises. There are busy times and slow times, tips are average and customers are always polite. Everyone I have ever worked with at any location has always been very nice.
Pros
flexible, works with you, polite
Cons
don't get long lunches you normally have to eat fast and in-between clients
April 12, 2017

Thank you for everything you do to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Very tiring
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 9, 2017
I mean, I guess you have to work here to know what I can't describe. After a while you kinda feel like a robot. A lil overworked and under appreciated
Pros
Tips
Cons
Rude clients
April 11, 2017

We appreciate that you were a member of a great team. If you would like follow up regarding your experience in the salon, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed & details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Can Be a rewarding Career with the right Franchisee' and Management team
Excellent Customer Service (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 9, 2017
Great Clips as a Corporation is a fantastic corporation.It is some of the owners and their management teams that is problem ,they think the stylist have no life and can work like dogs. They have no respect for their employees.If you are lucky enough to get a owner with respect for their employees you will enjoy your career,
Pros
Great Continuing education
Cons
overworked
April 10, 2017

Thank you for everything you do in the salon each day. If you would like follow up regarding scheduling, please contact your franchisee or manager. If you have other questions, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. Thanks again.

customers were amazing
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed the customers and people I worked with.. I was not impressed with the management but overall great place to work. Great people and great atmosphere.
April 8, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you were part of a great community of stylists and managers.

fast paced and fun energy
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 4, 2017
I loved working for this company, I got to do what I loved with amazing woman. I also got to meet some interesting people and make them feel confident.
Pros
good money if you know what your doing.
Cons
hard on your body
April 6, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Great
Receptionist/Sign Twirler (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 4, 2017
This gave great communication skills with customers and would make a day at work very eventful and would make this experience worth it because you make connections and the management was really good but I am checking people in and making appointments and advertising
April 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We appreciate that you were part of a great team.

Great Clips
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed great clips. I worked with a wonderful team and I learned a lot from all of the girls. I advanced my work ethic and solidified my skills as an artist. I have come to realize my potential as a stylist in this company. I will say I have grown personally and professionally in this business.
Pros
Eductional and knowledgeable
Cons
managment, not good for family life. Hard to have time off. Strict clothing guidelines
April 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed & details. We will forward it to your franchisee to contact you regarding your comments. Thank you.

It's best for learning stylist
Hair Stylist/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 3, 2017
It was the best place to make lots of money and build clientele and improve my skill!! Terrible work/personal life management the company doesn't care.
Pros
Great tips, better than most hourly, incentives
Cons
Short to no breaks, insurance unaffordable, upper management is a joke
April 4, 2017

Since each salon is independently owned and operated, franchisees may use a number of different factors to determine benefits. Managers and franchisees work hard to staff the salon for busy times while taking into account a work/life balance. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Stylist/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILApril 2, 2017
This company was a great company to work for, Fast pace and always doing something. Its very friendly and challenge all at the same time. We all have our own out look on things.
Pros
Cons
management
April 4, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a GREAT team! We appreciate your feedback.

Customers
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 31, 2017
Customers are very special and I enjoy them very much. That is the ONLY thing that keeps me there. There is no respect given back to employees who work hard everyday and put in effort and care to their jobs
Pros
Customers
Cons
Benefits, raises, management and franchisee
April 1, 2017

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be your franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will provide it to your franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you for your hard work in the salon every day.

Productive and fun place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 28, 2017
Busy place to work with all the walk-ins good place to make money. Gotta like working weekends but your day goes by fast and you make commission on products you sale and productivity
March 30, 2017

Thank you for having been a member of a GREAT team of stylists and managers!

Busy enviornment and great customers.
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMarch 26, 2017
I learned how to manage a wide range of people, customers and coworkers. Including my verbal communication, and understanding of others issues. The hardest part of the job was when talking with the customer during the consultation, they don't care what they want or just want the job done and do not want to talk about what they want; creating the cut for them. The most enjoyable part of the was having customers leaving the salon feeling great about themselves.
March 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We appreciate that you were part of the Great Clips community.

Great for incoming Cosmetologist to this industry
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 26, 2017
I learned a lot from Great Clips. I would recommend all cosmetologist coming out of school should work here first. They have good pay and raises. They have on going training. They have a diversified client base. They have flexible hours. This is an all over great company to work for.
Pros
on going training, flexible hours, room for advancement
March 27, 2017

We appreciate that you were part of our team. Thank you for your comments.

good starting out company
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 24, 2017
this was my very first job as a cosmetologist. My roots began here and this company taught me a lot about cosmetology. Great flow and always busy. Was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
busy, fast paced
Cons
no color, or wax services
March 26, 2017

Thank you for having been part of a great community of stylists and managers.

Fast spaced yet fun atmosphere
Stylist/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 22, 2017
A regular day at work includes thorough sanitation, answering phone calls, greeting all clients & providing excellent haircuts. I've learned how to stay proactive in a fast paced environment. I have also learned how to handle a high stress situation calmly and professionally. For example, handling an unsatisfied customer in a professional manner. In my 7 years at Great Clips, I have worked under a great manager and a manager that did not do well. Working under a manager that is professional and great at they're job makes everyday at work more enjoyable and less stressful. it also helps everything run smooth However working under a manager that does not do their job well can leave employees stressed and unhappy. I have experienced both but like most people, prefer a manager that can do their job properly. The hardest part about this job was first starting off in such a fast paced environment. It took some getting used to but once i did I loved it. The best part about being a stylist is the diverse group of people you see/meet on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No healthcare
March 24, 2017

Thank you for everything you do in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

productive workplace
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMarch 21, 2017
Every day, I did the hair cut and hair services for clients. The hardest part of this job are always learn new hair styles to do for clients. However, the most enjoyable part of this job is my clients happy when I done their hair.
Pros
Have more extra money from clients give tips
Cons
No benefits, no vacation
March 23, 2017

Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee who may use a number of different factors to determine stylists' total benefits and vacation plans. Thank you for your feedback and comments.

Fun place to work.
Sales Rep/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 19, 2017
I enjoyed that job, cause it was like a career. Styling and cutting hair is what i like doing. Pleasing people and seeing a smile on there people's faces. The hardest part was not satisfying a customer. The most enjoyable thing was seeing a smile on the client's faces.
Pros
Pleasing people and tips.
Cons
Shorts breaks
March 21, 2017

Thank you for offering your feedback. We appreciate that you were part of a great team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8