Great Clips

Great Clips Employer Reviews

Exciting First Job
Management of Staff (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZAugust 19, 2014
I worked with a bunch of hairstylists and they made for a very great work environment. Learned a lot about customer service and scheduling.
Work Hard and Be on Time!
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Lexington, SCAugust 12, 2014
Always be friendly to the customers, as well as, employees. Maintain a positive, professional attitude no matter what the circumstance.
Very fun and productive
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: amazing staff and management
A typical day at work was cutting hair, cleaning and entertaining customers. I learned master cutting as well as perfecting customer service through consultations. My manager was efficient, fun and had a great personality. She explained everything well and taught her employees new techniques rather than doing cuts for us. My co-workers were friendly – more... and inviting and made me feel part of the team immediately. I was a new stylist so the hardest part of my job was getting over intimidation of clients. – less
Fun workplace with great people and relaxed atmosphere
Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 12, 2014
Pros: few employees
Cons: no retirement plan; no room for growth within the company
When I go into work, I check myself in and then I count the cash drawer to make sure it is balanced, and to make sure that the credit card machine is on spot. Then I just check people in all day, and I check them out. Occasionally I am asked to sweep hair. At the end of my shift, I count the drawer again, and do basic clean-ups. The atmosphere there – more... is great because you work in close proximity with your co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all the different people come in and out and making sure their happy. The hardest part is when customers come in with complaints, and they are determined not to be happy. – less
Great busy enviorment where you get to work as a team
Hair Stylist/Manager (Former Employee), Holyoke, MaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: pizza parties.
Cons: no health care
I really enjoyed my franchisee and the stylist I got to work with they all were great and it was always changing with different people who walk in the door. It really gives you a great time to do know when it is busy knowing everyone will pull there weight.
Enjoyable
Stylist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2014
Pros: daily money from tip was great
Cons: working night and weekends
Cutting and styles. Many people did not get along with each other. The clients were great but timing of haircuts puts a damper on getting to know your clients since you are penalized for taking too long to complete a cut (8-15 min)
Great Place to Work
Stylist / Shift Manager (Current Employee), Derby, KSAugust 10, 2014
Cons: no insurance offered. short breaks that arent guaranteed. no holiday time off.
I love working here!! However, because my schedule is different every day it is hard on my family life. I also work weekends and that makes family life hard as well. A typical day at work involves me providing services to make others feel great about themselves, this is also the best part of my job. The hardest part is balancing family life with such – more... a spastic schedule and also not seeing family around the holidays. This job has taught me how to deal with people; to realize that people have different personality traits and learn how to communicate in a positive way to all of them. This job has taught me leadership and coaching skills as well. – less
Opportunity for advancement
Manager of Operations, HR/Lead Stylist (Former Employee), Hartford, WIAugust 8, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: no life outside of work
Its agreat company to work for I you have no children and you are young.
DON'T WORK HERE !!
Stylist (Former Employee), Oak Forest, ILAugust 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no breaks, no raises
THEY TREAT YOU LIKE A SLAVE. NOTHING IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH. MANAGEMENT CHANGED A COUPLE TIME A YEAR YOU NEVER KNEW WHO WAS IN CHARGE
BUSY
Manager (Current Employee), SPOKANE WAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: hours, life work balance.
Fast paced, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Co workers are great. Top heavy management, no room for advancement.
Fun, fast paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Watauga, TXAugust 5, 2014
Good training program..............................//////////////////////////////////////
Hair stylist
hair stylist (Former Employee), placerville caJuly 29, 2014
• Ensure 100% client satisfaction
• Completing, organizing, and filing documents.
• Conduct and handle large volumes of customer interactions in a multi-tasking fast paced work environment
• Lead the team and conduct sales meetings to provide sales incentive and motivation.
• Highly educated in product knowledge
• Continually recognized as a top performer – more... for maintaining product sales, productivity, client retention, and company success.
• Developed and maintained long lasting relationships with customers & co-workers
• Attended Great Clips 3 day signature academy and received certificate of completion – less
Very busy salon with alot of caring coworkers
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: a lot of hair cutting experience
Cons: breaks can be hard to come by on the busy days
The biggest thing about working for Great Clips is you have to be ready to cut hair and do it in a timely fashion. Its a walk right in, sit right down place for the clients and you have to be ready for them.
Great place for experience
receptionist (Former Employee), LaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: holiday get togethers, staff
Cons: pay
Great company to gain experience in cosmetology, up-selling, sales and management.
Hot but pays for stuff
Sign Holder (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLJuly 23, 2014
I didn't really enjoy going to work but when I needed money it's what I had to do. I would go into an intersection, wave a sign, answer a few questions, 4 hours later I'd be on my way home with $30. It was boring and hot but got money in my pocket.
fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Duluth , mnJuly 23, 2014
it was a fun job and the people were good.very busy place but Im moving
Loved it wanted change
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TexasJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, training provided
Cons: non
I loved working at great clips! My boss and co-workers were all GREAT. I definitely learned a lot here and developed my skills in haircutting. The only reason I left was to pursue something I'm more passionate about such as skin care.
slow work place
Hairstylist (Former Employee), west valley, utahJuly 21, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: cut in hours
working with customers. being in a team environment. working with customers on a daily basis
Laid back working environment
Receptionist/ Shampoo Tech (Former Employee), Keller, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free haircuts/ colors, first hand exposure to the cosmetology industry
Cons: standing for long periods of time
Open store
Clean entire store
Stock stylists' stations
Input customer info
Shampoo clients
Sweep hair after cuts
Check out clients
Close store

Learned clerical and register skills, Cosmetology skills,Customer service skills

Managers were fun to work with

Co workers helped me with skills that i needed to learn for cosmetology school

Hardest part – more... of the job is the manual labor

Most enjoyable part was the easy going, fun work environment – less
A Great Way to learn how to work in customer service
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Newport, TNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: easy to schedule days off
Cons: if they offered higher hourly pay it would be the perfect job
I enjoy working at Great Clips in Newport,TN. The staff at this company is pleasant and easy to work with. For a individual right out of beauty school it would be a good stepping stone job to get you used to working with many customers on a daily basis to get the feel of the skills you will be offering.