Great Clips

Great Clips Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Hairstylist (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTJune 23, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: low pay
Great place to work and interact with a variety of people. My communication skills have greatly improved while working for great clips and interacting with so many people on a daily basis. Management could be better, I do not feel the managers are approachable about work place issues nor are they good at resolving issues that are brought to them. The – more... pay should be higher considering that you have to go to school and maintain state licensing in order to work as a stylist. My coworkers are a great group of people who work well as a team. The most enjoyable part of working there is meeting new people everyday. – less
The customers were great
hairstylist (Current Employee), Ooltewah, TnJune 23, 2014
greet customers with the 5 step process. Work hard at getting to know the cusomers
Exciting and learned a lot
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 19, 2014
I'm glad I chose here to work after school because I have learned a lot about the industry and improved my cutting skills drastically.
Good experience and taught me a lot
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 19, 2014
I love working at Great Clips because I have learned so much about the industry. Meeting new people every day was exciting. I really love my coworkers. There has not been any issues in the work place and that is one thing that has made my job enjoyable.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2014
Assistant Manager
• Managed inventory and product orders
• Completed monthly and weekly salon performance reports
• Controlled bank deposits and money exchange
• Prepared monthly quality checks for each employee
Cosmetologist
• Analyze patrons' hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles
• Recommended – more... new product lines
• Provided excellent customer service – less
It was anice place to work
Sign Holder (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: standing out inthe hot sun or the rain.
I liked working for Great clips because i got to interact with people, but the draw back to it was having to stand out side no matter if it was raining our extremly hot.
Busy workplace
Stylist (Current Employee), Edmond, OKJune 16, 2014
Pros: productive days
Cons: short breaks, low hourly rate
Busy location, good management, great co workers. The hardest part of working here is probably standing all day with short break periods. The most enjoyable part is meeting people from all walks of life.
Fun place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), cookeville, tnJune 13, 2014
Pros: many oppertunities to make money
Cons: must have flexible schedule
I really enjoyed working for great clips. The franchise owner was nice and understanding. There are lots of ways to make extra money and if you enjoy meeting a lot of people then this is the place to work!
Best Job
Stylist (Former Employee), Lapeer, MIJune 12, 2014
My manager was the best. She was fun and interesting. We were always challenged to go out of our comfort zone. to Learn and improve our skill set.
great
stylist (Current Employee), ClarksvilleJune 10, 2014
i love my job, FUN. GReat chance to to learn they send to acadamy and pay the fuel to go to trainning.
Busy work place with product and productivity bonuses
Hairstylist/ shift leader (Former Employee), Hudson, NHJune 9, 2014
Pros: bonuses for product, good location, education, orderly running management
Cons: short breaks, half hour drive to get there, no benefits, no set schedule
Steady clientele coming in all day. Cleaning on down time. Always keeping busy. Management was on top of everything going on and making sure everything went smoothly. My co-workers were very nice, helpful and supportive. The hardest part i would say about the job is Making sure things run smoothly and keeping management happy. Its easy to mess things – more... up. The most enjoyable part i would say is the feeling of success. and accomplishment. – less
Great to work in the mall
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAJune 7, 2014
Manager and staff were friendly on the best place i have ever worked just coming out of school . I learned a lot there.
outgoing people
Assistant Manager/ Stylist (Current Employee), saint louis moJune 3, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: healthcare and pay benefits
its fun to work at
learning environment
needs to pay more for all the requirements
enjoy making people look and feel good
Manager (Former Employee), Watauga TxJune 2, 2014
Pros: love the industry
Cons: bad hours
I loved coming in each day knowing i would make some one feel even an ounce better about them selves. I love the laid back atmosphere of a hair salon and the people I had the pleasure of meeting!
Prices to low
Barber/Stylist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 2, 2014
Pros: long running company
Cons: there persistance about productivity.
My main issue with this company or Franchised management of it,Is the fact that they seem to care more about bringing in customers, than making sure there employers are paid properly. When you have coupons ranging from $4.99-to $7.99 it puts the stylist in a low percentage bracket.

Making the customer less likely to give a good tip, even if it's based – more... off Gratuity with such a low hair cutting price, the tips are normally the same or lower. Corporate companies like this are more concern with getting people in who will be repeat customers.

Charging such a low price on a regular bases, de-values the stylist, and makes all the time and hard work it took for us to go to school and and pass our state boards in vain.

If a doctor goes to school for 8 years and expects to make a certain wage, how will it make this doctor feel, if they have him perform his services on dummies or on a doll? It would be nice to perform my duties based on the time and experience it took to get here, and anything under $10.00 besides a child is an insult. – less
Busy, fast paced job
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), St. JohnsJune 1, 2014
Pros: exciting
Cons: sometimes to busy with no break.
I love to be busy and I also love to be able to work independently while also meeting my numbers for the day.
Productive and fun workplace with great stylist
Stylist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and tips
Cons: evenings and weekends is a must
the hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude when dealing with a difficult customer.
the work environment is great management is helpful and friendly and always available.
very busy
Managing Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: very busy
Cons: hair cuts only
this was a great place to work at when starting out as a cosmetologist,
Great co-workers and location
Managing Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Fairview Park, OHMay 28, 2014
When I arrived at work everyday, it wasn't like work, I enjoyed just about every minute of my shift. The manager, my co-workers and the customers, were all great! The hardest part, was that not all customers came in happy to be there, but when they left with a smile on their face, it made my job that much better
Girls are great
Stylist (Current Employee), Spring, TXMay 23, 2014
I have more education that what is needed or required for this job. I like the job but feel unappreciated and far underpaid. Overeducated and underpaid.