Great Clips Employee Reviews

Found 1,112 reviews matching the search
we had to many people come and go that worked there
Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2017
Jobs are just not like they use too!!! You go to work and do your best and all the customers love you but the employer doesn't want to give you a rasie...
March 13, 2017

If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee to contact you. Thank you.

work you like a dog
Stylist/3rd key (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 10, 2017
my experience with this company was on the fence.. management was not encouraging of constructive criticism. If you enjoy just doing hair cuts only, this is the place for you.
Pros
great incintives
Cons
eat on the run
March 11, 2017

Thank you for having been part of a great community of stylists and managers. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for contact with you. Each salon is independently owned and operated.

Great work environment, family oriented employers, wonderful staff
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Cabot, ARMarch 9, 2017
I have worked for Great Clips for almost 6 years, and I really love working there. I have fun at work and the people who frequent the salon are the best.
Pros
Work as a team, support from coworkers and bosses
Cons
Hard on the body, physically and mentally
March 10, 2017

Thank you for being a part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Great starting point for new Cosmetology students
Professional Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 8, 2017
Great Clips is a Fun place to work! Its fast paced style helps you hone your skills while still giving each guest a quality service. It is rewarding to get to know our clients and help them out with their day to day hair care.
March 10, 2017

Thank you for everything you and your team do in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

What can i actually say, its great clips
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaMarch 8, 2017
As a receptionist at Great Clips you are essentially a glorified janitor. The management also took it upon themselves to go onto people's phones and snoop.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything about this job is a con
March 10, 2017

We are sorry to read this. Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be the franchisee. If you'd like, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

not reccomended
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2017
over worked underpaid not professional horrible management and general management. unrealistic goals you are expected to meet to make more money. they make it impossible to advance to your full potential.
March 8, 2017

We are sorry to see your frustrations with the management while you worked in the salon. Since each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Lonely place to work, yet friendly
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 5, 2017
I showed up, grabbed my sign, headed to street, and dance to my music while performing various tricks, attracting customers to the store. I was mainly my own boss but I was reviewed from time to time and was often given positive remarks.
Pros
Fun, solo
Cons
hours, the only full time sign spinner on the street
March 6, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your marketing efforts.

Fun atmosphere, busy salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INMarch 5, 2017
Busy workplace, lots of clientele, no appointments necessary, sign in online app, mostly haircuts and styling. Family oriented.
Pros
Busy
Cons
No heathcare, benefits
March 6, 2017

Thank you. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee who may use a number of different factors to determine a stylist's total compensation and benefits.

Great clips
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 4, 2017
I had a great experience just had medical issues and could keep up. Its great company . Competive working wages, multiple chances to work up, flexible scheduleing
March 7, 2017

Thank you for everything you did in the salon to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Fast-paced, good paying job for hair stylists who enjoy cutting!
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed this company and I would have never quit if I didn't need weekends off so that my child could be put in daycare! Love the fast-paced environment and the money was great!
Pros
amazing tips, awesome clientel!
Cons
Not flexible on hours for some schedules.
March 3, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Okay
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 1, 2017
Great starting job, decent pay. Really depends on the franchise/ owners. Fast pace job, very customer service oriented
Pros
Free training, good practice
Cons
No set schedules, hard to make plans outside of work when each day is a different shift
March 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like follow up regarding your scheduling, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Each salon is independently owned and operated. Thanks again.

Fast-paced
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 1, 2017
Cut hair, shampoo, style hair, team work, good management (Now), hardest part is selling products which is required and pushed, most enjoyable part is meeting new people and talking to them and how great the team works together. If you have a good manager that knows what they're doing, you'll be fine. Good pay.
March 2, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a GREAT team! We appreciate your efforts in the salon each day.

Fast paced haircuttery.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 1, 2017
Great clips is definitely a goo place to start working after hair school if you are trying to get your speed in place. As a receptionist, however, there wasn't much room for growth and manager who took over that year was the reason why many of us left.
March 2, 2017

We are sorry that you were frustrated with the management. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

You are not valued, and they let you know that.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 1, 2017
Great clips is a franchise, so every store may vary in small ways, but some things are concrete in the business plan. It seems across the board, they don't care about you as any more than a worker bee. They send you to Academy, which is 3-days where you roleplay, do approx 9 haircuts one time each, and get quizzed on how to be a Great Clips Cog and it doesn't advance your skills at all(in my opinion.) Everything has to be great clips, from your greetings to the method of your cuts. Everything has to be done a certain way, in under 17 minutes or you get chewed out. The environment is fast paced but if you ever want to do anything but cut hair, you won't. There are no color services, nobody comes in for styles, and no perms or anything else. You'll just stand on your feet and snip all day, and get barked at for wanting a break. And when it gets slow, expect to go home so the managers can stay and make all the money.
Pros
Can order tools through the catalog at a discount, tips
Cons
Environment, management
March 2, 2017

We are sorry that this was your experience. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the franchisee would be the best person to address your comments and concerns. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Fun Place to work
Stylist, Manager, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2017
Great Clips offers advance training and classes to encourage your growth in the industry. The schedule can be stressful at times nights and weekends, no scheduled breaks. Overall the experience was good.
February 28, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you were part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

pay security starting out with advancement opportunity
GM (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 26, 2017
I started out moving to a new area took the job cause I had security that I would have a paycheck. Became a manager for 4 years then became a GM. How much you make is up to you, commission, benefits, vacation pay. I had been doing hair for over 20 years before I came to Great Clips and had NEVER had a paid vacation!! Been with them for 11 years and never looked back!!
Pros
kept busy, benefits, no chemicals
Cons
Not a set schedule
February 27, 2017

Thank you for everything you and your team do in the salon each day!

fun, and creative
Salon Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 25, 2017
Checked in customers. Performed haircuts and styles. When in management, I performed scheduling, did reviews for other employees. handled issues with customers in a professional way.
Pros
money and salary
Cons
hard on my back
February 27, 2017

Thank you for having been part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Fun, and fast paced.
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 25, 2017
A typical workday included clocking in, getting station ready and setup, opening doors, greeting and checking clients in, cutting and styling hair on 1-4 customers and hour; depending on how busy we were. Management at the store I worked at was really good. A lot of room for advancing. The hardest part of the job is standing for hours on end and getting a break when we were busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers and the clients.
Pros
Free Lunches when owner visited, advancement oppurtunities, great place to learn
Cons
Standing for hours on end
February 27, 2017

Thank you for everything you did in the salon to deliver the Great Clips brand!

not the best place of employment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIFebruary 24, 2017
I loved my job, cutting and pleasing clients. The problem is the management. This company doesn't agree with people who have a voice and speak their mind when there is something you don't agree with. Micro management is a issue at this company along with intimidation to employees. Employee are not treated equally at this employment.
Pros
clients
Cons
no healthcare, no breaks
February 27, 2017

We are sorry to see your frustrations with the management. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be the franchisee. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Best Owner Ever
Multi Unit Manager of a Great Clips Salon (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 24, 2017
The owner of the stores I managed was a delight to work for. He always looked out for what was best for his employees. I wish he didn't sell his stores.
Pros
The owner
February 27, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We appreciate everything you did in the salon each day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8