Great Clips Employee Reviews in United States

great place to learn your way in the hair field
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 9, 2016
I would check customers in and out for their hair needs. Providing customers with their hair care needs and wants. Working here as helped me learn more about hair and working with customers hands on. I love working with customers and making them feel good about their self's. I love being the first and last person that can make customers day better.
My current position
Lead Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GADecember 28, 2015
I have learned a lot. Wonderful place to start my career. Gained faithful clientele and expanded my knowledge of products.
postitive environment
salon manager (Current Employee) –  Athens-Clarke County, GADecember 27, 2015
Very busy and upbeat environment. Everyone is very productive and enjoying the customers. We get the customers in and out in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and enjoying what I do for a living. The hardest part of the job is sometimes there is a wait time and customers don't want to wait, and they leave. But we try our best to convince them that we move fast and that the wait will be short.
Pros
Great hours, tips, and incentives
Cons
short breaks and sometimes on call
Very fun atmosphere with professional productivity.
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 12, 2015
I would come to work and be greeted by everyone. Management treated me great, co workers treated me great, and everyone got along. My co workers would give amazing haircuts while I would check out customers and clean the store. The hardest AND most enjoyable part was checkout when sales are going on because it's over 20 people waiting in line. This pushed me to work harder and faster in order to keep wait times low.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Broken machines, no development
Productive and fun atmosphere
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 9, 2016
My manager wasn't the nicest person. She seemed to only care for herself. All the other stylists were very nice and helpful, they helped me fade my clipper cuts so much better. I hated that i could barely take a lunch, my manager actually got mad that i wanted to take my full 30 minute lunch. I would definitely not go back.
Pros
We were busy, nice tips
Cons
i could barely take my lunch
Fun enviroment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMarch 25, 2016
Very fast paced business. Learned how to get and process information quickly from customers. learned how to formulate and execute the proper style quickly. Manager always available to assist. It was a crazy fast expierience that wouldn't change, ever.
Pros
Help always availible
Cons
Time requirements for hair cuts
Great Place to feel like your at home and able to be comfortable with your clients.
Salon Manager -Great Clips Franchise (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 23, 2015
Day starts out with usually a customer already waiting to get a haircut by you. I learned a lot about structure and professionalism. The managment is great, just hard to get staff to do as the manager or franchisee wants. Co-workers are very nice and genuine so it feels a lot like a family. The hardest part of the job was to deliver great customer service in under 17 minutes. The best part of the job is that it always stayed busy no matter what! Tips were not always the best per person but when you are doing lots of customers it really makes up for it.
Pros
Christmas parties, fun meetings with Prizes and food, Built Brand Name, Great Owners
Cons
rotating schedule and timed on your haircuts by the second.
Great work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2015
Excellent management. Great staff selection. This is why I chose to follow the company with each relocation I made. Was a wonderful experience and wouldn't change anything.
Pros
Meeting different people, high volume tips, making new friends.
Cons
Health insurance was expensive.
Stay away
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2015
Degrading
Lack of professionalism
Embarrassing-belittling

Lack of education, or furthering education for staff.
No training
Poor management
High turn over
LOTS of coupons

LOW pay
NO bonus plans- unreachable
Pros
Nice staffs that dont last long
Cons
overly discounted haircuts- no benefits- low pay
Flexible and great advancement within career as a Cosmetologist
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 1, 2016
I have worked 2 separate years with this company and the ability to gain clientele and move ahead with one's own skills is present and strived for within the company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Turn over of stylists is common within the Cosmetology field
Fast past friendly environment;
Cosmetologist/Manager (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNNovember 13, 2015
Great clips is an amazing company to work for; Fast work environment, continuing education, great wages, great management; Wonderful owner who truly cares about her employees;
No Breaks, Horrible! RUN!
Former Stylist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 20, 2015
Expectations for service are completely unrealistic. You are expected to provide a salon quality haircut and sell product in a sum of 11-13mins. Ive been a stylist for nearly 10 years and I struggled too meet expectations with their unrealistic service time requirements.Do not accept a job if it is a new location because you will be hired at 40hrs a week initially BUT hours are reduced substantially if the customer weekly quota is below expectations do to greedy ownership. I was a manager at a location and I just had to get out of there. They tend to destroy a fellow stylist lively hood. All they want to do is work you to death during their Tragic attempt at profit, "Great Haircut Sale" During the sale you are not allowed to take a lunch or they want you to work under ridiculous time constraints.The company is a joke and so is the brand delivery. AVOID!
Managers get just about EVERY Weekend OFF while stylists ahve to work 3 out of 4 weekends!!! No Breaks except a lunch and you are expected to go go go without taking 5 minutes! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Your a human being not a Number!!!
Pros
Tips
Cons
Assembly line 13 minute or less haircuts!
A day in the life
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work is going in, clocking in, setting up my work area, putting customers into the computer, servicing the customer and ringing out the customer.

Had great management and amazing co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making someone feel better about themselves
Productive and busy
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  ArliingtonMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working as a hairstylist though my 4 years in college. It provided me with a flexible work schedule that helped me with my study schedule as well.
Pros
fun to work in, had lots of friends, clients were amazing, meeting new clients.
Cons
It was not the profession I went to college for.
Great location
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MASeptember 23, 2015
Business was in a great location for marketing. Although it was hard to advance in the company the employees were upbeat and positive which made working there enjoyable. Upper management was not around much which made it difficult to carry out store management duties but with the help of my staff we were able to make our numbers and quotas.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough material
good
Manager-Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
great salon not enough money, team players. we worked together. great tips. people loved us. owers husband was out of line didnt talk nice to staff he didnot have skill to owon staff had great lunch together and fun. ower never said thank u to staff or great job
Pros
we where great
Cons
no health care
Good company to work for
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 19, 2016
Loved the salon and girls I worked with but management is bad if you are not there best friend you will get blamed for everything and get attacked or talked down to...girls are constantly leaving because of management but owners don't seam to realize that ,too blind to see it
Fast paced but fun
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 4, 2016
-Learned to cut down my haircut times between 13-17min
-Became a very social
-Learned to be more communicative

very few co-workers, had to learn to get along and solve problems quick.

hardest part is having customers tell you that you don't know how to cut hair and how long it should take.

most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people and building a clientele.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
unpredictable work pattern
Good job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 2, 2016
Learned how to do 15 plus hair cuts a day. My customer service skills are much better too thanks to working directly with customers. everyone that I worked with was very nice and always happy and always trying to help each other out. the hardest part was days having a bad customer and they yell or try to put you down you learn to just keep on going and forget about it.
Summary
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLNovember 2, 2015
Fast paced, long days, no opportunity for advancement, great learning experience, manager was not equal to staff members, no opportunity to color hair, did the same haircut over 1,000 times
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
no breaks, face paced